Where am I on NW Scale?

Barely a Norwood 2.

Unless you have a family history of baldness I would not be worried. If you are concerned then maybe research using Propecia as a preventative measure and just enjoy life

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

You hair looks good but I see the see-through aspects of your hair, in the corners above your temples, mostly in the photo of your left-hand side. It may be the lighting, but in your earlier photos, that area appears more thick and not see through. If you are worried, seek out a professional hair doctor and get his opinion.

This is madness,everyone on here would chop their right arm of for your hair,it is what everyone on here would love!! Your way to young with to worry with that much hair!!! Any photo can show a weakness dependent on lighting and angle!!! Enjoy your time and stop worrying!! You've got plenty of time to address any hair issues if they arise when your older!! But for now go out, and enjoy, u jammy bxxxxxd!!!

You hair looks good but I see the see-through aspects of your hair, in the corners above your temples, mostly in the photo of your left-hand side. It may be the lighting, but in your earlier photos, that area appears more thick and not see through. If you are worried, seek out a professional hair doctor and get his opinion.

Could hair gel and slicking your hair back make your hair appear thinner than it is? I ask because here are two non-gelled pix from last year:

8579330685_177054967b_b.jpg

8579329083_b1acb3b148_b.jpg

Could hair gel and slicking your hair back make your hair appear thinner than it is? I ask because here are two non-gelled pix from last year:

It's certainly possible, but different angles and lightning and the way your hair lies in pics show no see through could also explain it.

You're obviously worried about something that's changed in your hair. There must be a reason for your concern, and usually there is. Are you better off hair-wise than 99% of people out there with hair issues? Yes. But hair loss has to start somewhere and some people catch it early, and some people are lulled into ignoring it.

These pictures were taken in August. Hair was slicked back due to it being a special occasion. I'm a 22 y/o male. Am I balding? Where am I on the NW scale?

8579112640_be3b8f79ed_b.jpg

8579113124_c6e6a37b87_b.jpg

The next set of pix were taken in November. Hair is again slicked back

8579127840_9030109142_b.jpg

8578024641_e7ee391e61_b.jpg

8578024289_696e8ecd09_b.jpg

Hello LookingToLearn,

We should all have an NW scale like you. :) You have a perfectly normal and great looking head of hair. Come On Man! I say that tongue and cheek, stop worring and go out and party looking great. All the Best, Michael

Michael James is a Patient Advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi, who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network; and not a physician. Visit Us On: Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | LinkedIn

Comments give here are only for intellectual consideration and in no manner to be construed or accepted as medical advice. It is important to seek the advice of a physician in all medical circumstances including hair restoration, dietary or others directly or indirectly related to the subjects in this forum