Look of Transplanted Hair After Swim? Shower? - Dr. Wesley Patient Example

Perhaps because the summer season is around the corner, a number of patients have come in to our office inquiring about the appearance of a hair transplant after taking a swim, shower, bath, etc.

We present a patient of Dr. Carlos K. Wesley at two separate phases post transplantation. The first 3 images were taken at 2 months after his session to the frontal half of his scalp (you can hardly notice any growth). The last 3 images were taken approximately two years afterwards (when full growth can truly be appreciated). This patient wanted to showcase his "fresh out of the swimming pool" look for others to see.

Pre_2Months_Straight.jpg.fbff80d1eacb2696390c8b4fdcf192e8.jpg

Pre_2Months_Left.jpg.812ce1d9ab54b318b32a7da36fe5dacb.jpg

Pre_2Months_Right.jpg.587dbe195f7af0979277535727ec744c.jpg

2Years_Straight.jpg.7b7689778cc71b46efaf6904b54e4591.jpg

2Years_Left.jpg.7c36f92ef2cf6e19d73d625e24588c76.jpg

2Years_Right.jpg.f8fb6ec404d9b2c37753149c5811d9b7.jpg

Edited by Billena

Great result! Thank you for sharing.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

2 years, really? It looks really good and I just had a HT 4 months ago. I had a strip cut out with about 3000 grafts.... Are you saying it will take 2 years to get my best results? I'm doing pretty good right now, nothing to brag about, but it's actually fun seeing more hair every week. Lol sometimes I put on reading classes and look close up in the mirror to check out new growth.....

Thanks for your comments. Every patient is a bit different, Brian, in terms of their rate of hair growth. In our office, we always let patients know that - while they can start to appreciate full growth at about one year - newly transplanted grafts may still be coming in even 18 months after their procedure. You have much to look forward to over the next many months!