Transplant at 23, what the hell, preparing for a Norwood 6... Look at these results!

Hey guys, I'd like to sum up my story, and hear your opinions, I'd really appreciate it...

I'm 23, my dad's got a full head of hair, grandparents full heads, 5 cousins over my age full heads, and out of 8 uncles, one is bald. Unfortunately I caught the rare gene in my family, I've always had an extremely high hairline, but in the last couple years it's become clear that there's diffuse thinning on top.

I've been diagnosed hypothyroid since I was sixteen, along with anemia, and have stress issues stemming from OCD, anxiety, and depression... all these issues are some of the worst contributors in triggering an early onset, or acceleration of MPB.

A year and a half ago I was put on Propecia, raised my low iron levels, and added minoxidil/nizoral to the mix earlier last year. 3 months following the addition of minoxidil started demonstrating possibly the thickest hair I had ever had. I held onto these results for about 3 months, then started shedding a lot, and after about 6 months, which brings us to this point in time, I'm almost back to square one.

I honestly would love to just get a transplant, and not have to worry about it, since I never seem to lose hair on the sides and back from stress, and the hair is very dense in these areas.

I figure at such an early age I would have to prepare for a Norwood 6...

However, I see so many whispy hair transplants done on Norwood 6's even from the top surgeons recommended by this site, the majority of which look like comb-overs, which I don't blame the surgeon for because it's hard to cover such an area.

However I've never seen this surgeon mentioned on the site, and he seems like he's done an AMAZING job on the NW6 patients shown, so amazing in fact it's hard to believe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NT3isazmg-Y

hair transplant san jose|Bay Area hair transplants | Silicon Valley hair transplants | Hair transplants San Jose California | Hair transplants for thinning hairlines

Looking at these, I would almost rather lose all my hair on top right now so that I don't have to pay 15k to get the half density that I currently have filled up, then lose the other half within a few years and pay ANOTHER 15k to get the rest filled in... unless I could work out a deal with a surgeon to help future costs.

I have a decent amount of body hair which could surely help I suppose, along with strong sides and back of head hair? I wouldn't want to spend more than 20k including taxes on getting work done.

I'm a little lost, but again, I don't want to go through random fluctuations in shedding, and would be extremely relieved to have a mostly stable head of hair.

Edited by Future_HT_Doc

Actually, that's the work of recommended hair transplant surgeon Dr. John Diep. If you're interested in consulting with his clinic, please see the contact information on his recommendation profile. Like you said, he's excellent! Good luck.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Actually, that's the work of recommended hair transplant surgeon Dr. John Diep. If you're interested in consulting with his clinic, please see the contact information on his recommendation profile. Like you said, he's excellent! Good luck.

Are those results ideal with a good donor area? I ran into a ton of threads with this kind of "no hope for NW6"' attitude towards NW6 patients, and can't find similar results from surgeons even like Dr. Rahal (which would be much more convenient for me since I live in Canada), and what might the cost be of that youtube gentleman's Norwood 6 procedure? I'm guessing in the area close to 20 grand, though I cross my fingers for 15. However I'm not even halfway there in terms of loss, so I'm not sure for me.

But yeah, I'll try to organize an online consult and explore my options.

look how thick and knotty his hair is, it looks like pubes on his head, anyway expecting the same result is more than optimistic, there's a reason these docs post the absolute best results, to bring in more clients which equals more revenue for them, this is a business like any other, beware of the service being provided and do your research

Oxy,

The patient's donor characteristics definitely played a big role in this result. He has coarse, curly hair, and that equates to thick coverage.

Frankly, I've seen some excellent high NW cases from Dr. Rahal as well, and I'm confident with his skill and ability. If you're in Canada, you may want to investigate Hasson & Wong as well, as they specialize in the FUT "mega session." What's more, if you're impressed with Dr. Diep's work, feel free to spend some time researching all of our recommended hair transplant surgeons.

Cost is variable, and something that you'll need to discuss with the surgeon.

Good luck with the consultations! Keep us updated and let me know if you need any help.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

He is in Los Gatos? Thats 30 minutes from me!

I went to doctor Rosanelli recently and he was quite professional as well. Glad I know I have another quality HT doc to get an assessment from on my 3rd round.

Dr. Umar in SoCal will be getting a visit from me later as well, as ill be looking to do Beard hair grafts too. I dont think ill have a 8k donor area supply, so BHT will likely be a future.

I followed this Dr Diep's patient in the past. But keep in mind that this patient did several procedures to get this great density look. And he has great hair characteristic with that wavy hair to give good density appearance.

I'm a Dr Diep patient as well. But I only had one procedure, so my result is no where as close to this patient's density. I'd like to get one more procedure for better density and to fill in future bald spots. The number of procedures and grafts really depends on your level of satisfaction.

hey buddy ,good to hear you haven't been transplanted yet, here is the good news there is nothing wrong you,you are playing a pathetic game in your head that only your playing,your 23 and you are literally thinking about moving your body hair to your head just to say you are not a bald guy, dude this is fucking INSANE,do you know who michael jordan is do you know who bruce willis is what about anderson silva dwayne johnson the rock, vin diesel mate i could keep going,you know what they all got in common a bald head and it looks sick better than anyone with hair,now before you cut your head up with a knife and paste fake hair into your bald spots, you need to go see a physciatrist because dude you are messed up and its only baldness man what if you had a real problem how the hell would you handle that.

shave your hair off right now dude you will look great. dude i was bald at that age even younger i have had many hair transplant i have a 28 cm scar wrapped around my head and fake hair in the bald spots and I'm 29 and i shave the hair transplant off to be who i meant to be and i wear the scar instead of suspect looking hair at the front of my head, this has ruined my life don't let it happen to you,you know know one can give you perfect hair and if its not perfect it aint worth having,a shaved bald head looks great, don't let this problem get the best of you cause you don't have a problem if you get a hair transplant you are buying a problem,look at the pics on this site they are all noticeable,SHAVE YOUR HEAD AND BE A MAN.GET OFF PROPECIA TODAY IT SHRINKS YOUR TESTICLES AND LOWERS YOUR EJACULATION AND ITS NOT GOING TO STOP BALDNESS ANYWAY

Who was your doctor?

doesn't matter who my dr was dude what the hell is a hair dr isn't that just a joke drs are for sick people now they got hair doctors, no hair transplant dr can give you hair that is exactly the same as your original, have you heard of dr bernstein he is a leading hair transplant dr in the world ,but he doesn't have a hair transplant because he is an expert and he knows hair transplants ruin lives,baldness is fucking awesome bro shave your head and be a sick cunt

if you get fake hair people will laugh at you behind your back,SHAVE YOUR HAIR OFF AND PUT THIS HAIRLOSS BUSINESS BEHIND YOU,YOU HAVE A LIFE TO LIVE DONT LET NO PIECE OF SHIT TAKE THIS FROM YOU JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE AN IMMATURE MIND

very interesting, id like to hear more of your story

Sadly you wont, it seems his posts have been deleted.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon