2600 FUE with Dr Feriduni

chrisis

Ever since my teens I’ve had a slightly raised hairline, however during my early 20s I just considered it “mature” and didn’t worry about it too much. When I got to my mid 20s, I noticed my hairline receding more, to the extent that it became difficult to style. I began cutting my hair shorter, however this dealt a massive blow to my confidence and eventually I decided that I had to do something about it. My baptism into the hair loss world was imminent.

On the 11th month of the 11th year of the millennium, I declared war on my hair loss. A few friends recommended the hair loss drug finasteride having had success with it, so I was eager to started. Soon after, I added minoxidil and Nizoral shampoo to my regime, part of the ‘big 3’ approach; hair loss treatments that are most backed up by scientific studies and literature.

My hair loss affected me quite badly, although I was relatively fortunate to reach my late 20s before it became a big problem for me. Towards the latter part of my 20s, I cleverly styled my hair to disguise the receded areas, and did this so well that many people wondered why I even thought a hair transplant necessary. However, beyond the illusion lay my recession, and the rain and wind would often betray this secret.

I had limited success with the ‘big 3’ approach, and realised that my confidence would always be veneer thin unless I took further action. I wanted hair surgery.

I consulted with Dr Feriduni via email in August 2012 and we agreed on an FUE procedure of 2400-2600 grafts, to restore density in the frontal area and create a new hairline. As shown below, two lines were drawn to indicate a conservative and more aggressive hairline. I opted for the latter.

tumblr_inline_mj1ja0z5r71qz4rgp.jpeg?w=710

I woke very early after a restless night on Monday morning and as per pre-op instructions, ate a light meal of fruit and yoghurt at the well stocked hotel breakfast bar. The clinic have their own taxi driver who is very reliable, and picked me up at 7:50am promptly. I arrived 10 minutes later at the clinic to be greeted by Cristian, a charming young man who is very personable. Cristian guided me to my private room and provided some documents to sign and information about the day ahead. I chose my lunch, opting for a cheese sandwich, and given a painkiller and some scrubs to put on.

After a short time, I was taken to my doctor’s office. I scanned the room, taking in the books on shelves and tools associated with hair loss, which provided confidence that he was a man devoted to his craft. He struck me as a warm and caring person. He has a good sense of humour and photos of his young daughters on his computer desktop background revealed a family man, which I found endearing.

During the consultation, we discussed medications I was taking and I made it clear that finasteride was not an option for me. Photos were taken for documentation and diagnostic purposes, which revealed very minor miniaturisation at the crown. I was already aware of this, however seeing the weak hairs in microscopic detail has given me a sense of urgency to start using minoxidil on the crown as soon as possible, rather than just at the temples. I asked Dr Feriduni about the benefits of using Acell, and he gave a mixed opinion, that it may work but the jury is still out. I decided against, but was offered it without cost and naturally I agreed. It seemed that Dr Feriduni was keen to maximise the potential of my surgery, and that if something like Acell might work, then we might as well give it a try.

Dr Feriduni asked to talk about my expectations and hopes in terms of my full result. I handed over an iPad, onto which I’d uploaded photos of famous men whose hair I admired, such as Miguel Velosa (Portugeuse footballer), as well as photos of younger versions of myself. I was then taken a mirror and, using a special ruler that helps measure dimensions and symmetry, my new hairline was drawn. The ruler wraps around your head in a manner akin to masquerade ball attendees, rather than those preparing for surgery. I was satisfied with the first hairline, so he used a surgical pen to mark it more permanently. I was then prepared for surgery!

tumblr_inline_mj1jnqtbar1qz4rgp.jpg?w=490

tumblr_inline_mj1jnh22sm1qz4rgp.jpg?w=490

I am happy to answer any questions on this forum and appreciate any comments.

tumblr_inline_mj1k5wyvj31qz4rgp.jpg?w=490

Edited by Future_HT_Doc
removed outside links

Online Patient Advisor for Dr. Bijan Feriduni, Coalition Member

My opinions are my own and don't necessarily represent that of Dr. Feriduni's.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Great work. 2600 grafts in a completely hairless bald area. I wonder how will it look like. What was the density planned by Feriduni? Is it 50 fu/cm2 or more?

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Great work. 2600 grafts in a completely hairless bald area. I wonder how will it look like. What was the density planned by Feriduni? Is it 50 fu/cm2 or more?

I didn't get an exact quote on the density, but I asked for density close to my native hair. I'm excited to see how it turns out.

Looks like a great hairline mate!!! I'm there on Monday for my fue, any tips are appreciated!!!! Grow well pal!!!!

Awesome, how many grafts? My top tip would be pick a tame movie and take every opportunity to use the toilet when you can! Everything else is in the hands of experienced professionals.

You'll be sat in the same spot I was exactly 2 weeks ago. Best of luck!

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Have seen your blog via another site, it's great that you're capturing it in so much detail! It has the potential to make a big difference for you, that's for sure. Will be keeping a keen eye on things.

I'm meeting Dr. F in a weeks time. Looking forward to it. I'm a diffuser and probably addressing zones 1-3 with a touch of 4, so will be talking to the doc about 2,600-3,000 I reckon.

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

Welcome to the forum pal.

Great Doctor and great hairlines. Sure it will turn out great for you.

My loss is similar but i have thinning in the forelock so i guess a procedure may be a little more trickier for me due to shock loss:(

Are you from the UK bud?

Nice write up and hairline. Feriduni is great and ethical doctor.

Indeed he is. By the way Mickey85, when is your coming FUE surgery with Dr. Feriduni? :)

My Hair Treatments:

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Thanks guys. I posted my 2 week update today.

Here's one photo of the hairline temple; probably my favourite photo because a few weeks ago this was my most feared angle!

rI5lYL0l.jpg

I'm meeting Dr. F in a weeks time. Looking forward to it. I'm a diffuser and probably addressing zones 1-3 with a touch of 4, so will be talking to the doc about 2,600-3,000 I reckon.

I hope it goes well, though I have every confidence it will. I'll be interested to hear what you decide upon.

Are you from the UK bud?

Thanks James, yeah I'm from Newcastle in the UK :cool:

Keep us posted, looking forward to the result he looks like a great dr

Thanks, I definitely will.

Nice write up and hairline. Feriduni is great and ethical doctor.

Thanks Mickey, I'm very happy with my choice, even at this early stage.

wow Chrisis, what a hairline design. looking so refined and great :-)

My Hair Treatments:

Chris,

Congratulations! Dr. Feriduni is an excellent physician, and I'm sure you'll have great results.

However, I was forced to remove the outside links from your initial post. In the future, please refrain from posting links on the forums. If you would would like help creating an album or hair loss weblog through the community, let me know!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Chris,

Congratulations! Dr. Feriduni is an excellent physician, and I'm sure you'll have great results.

However, I was forced to remove the outside links from your initial post. In the future, please refrain from posting links on the forums. If you would would like help creating an album or hair loss weblog through the community, let me know!

Thank you. Understood regarding links.

looks like nice clean work. question: was the 2600 grafts done in one day or 2 days?

Thanks stinger99. It was done in one day :o

Your case reminds me much of mine, when I went and got my first FUE nine years ago. I had very little hairloss, mostly a recessed hairline and I thought I'd get a little FUE work done and all would be good. The meds are holding everything down....except they were not. Eventually it all went and I'm now left with essentially 'horns' as they say - as I had been warned by a very conservative strip HT doc who I dismissed as being behind the times (and he is a bit).

What I see today, just about every FUE case is like this. A young guy getting the quick FUE fix, taking care of that recessed hairline. I suspect because of FUE more and more guys are getting HTs. And that's fine, but guys should remember when the inevitable happens, you're going to need a lot more grafts to cover ground, to look normal and there's only so much FUE that can be removed without the donor looking thin. As long as guys are ready for an uphill battle in the years ahead, then it's ok.

But when these kind of threads keep popping up with comments like 'great hairline design,' and this 'doc is a genius' etc, and I imagine young lurkers reading this thinking they have found the cure, it irritates me a bit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Time for an update here! I am now 3 months post surgery and marking it with a quick photo.

fsxwPSLl.jpg

A photographer will be taking a full set of high quality photos next week.

Looking great for 3 months champ. Feriduni does great work, both FUE and FUT.

Also, I would not brush off what Jfables has to say guys. Like me, he has been through the bad effects of a method(FUT for myself and FUE for Jfables). He is just trying to look out for the young guys out there. I have conversed with him extensively and he brings another side of the spectrum to this forum that is rarely spoken about. His FUE was performed some time ago and FUE has advanced considerably since then, but the actual message of his words is just as relevant today as it was then.

• 1 month later...

Here I am at 4 months post surgery. An amazing change from 3 months to 4 months!

R96bOl0l.jpg

I'll be posting more photos at month 5, which is 3 weeks away.