Blitzing Belgium - 2 Days & 4 top docs (Bisanga,Feriduni,De Reys,Mwamba)

Thanks lads, hope it can be of help to others.

It's funny, even though I've documented a lot, for some reason I still feel as if I've left out quite a bit!

Really glad I went ahead with it though. Had I only met one or two docs, I know I would have been left with some 'what ifs' at some point down the line.

Now begins the fun part! Have just booked my flight over on the 21st, and will probably stay in the HC Brussels hotel that is located literally 2 mins walk away from the clinic. Seeing as I have 3 weeks off work, I think I'll try to optimise the healing/cleaning/scabbing process by staying in the hotel for a week in total. It's going to add to the cost for sure but again, I like the idea of the doc seeing my progress for the first week, and what harm to have fully qualified hands clean my sensitive head than my awkward mitts. It also means that none of my friends or family witness the swelling period.

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one. I'm thinking of booking my own HT in the US on the 21st.

Nice one mate! Who are you thinking of going with?

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

Nice one mate! Who are you thinking of going with?

See signature below! Booked my flights already

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

See signature below! Booked my flights already

Excellent choice mate! Best of luck! Will be cool to compare our progress! We'll be sharing the doldrums as well! :)

Current Regimen:

Very cool write up JD. Made for interesting reading, thankyou for taking the time to post your experiences in Belgium.

Like yourself I'm planning an FUE in Belgium, but am still researching which Doctor. I've met Dr Feriduni and was very impressed with him, my top choice so far i think. I'm planning on meeting Dr Bisanga in the near future.

all the best

Moss

Thanks guys.

Great write-up.

How important do you think it is to have a in person consultation?

VERY!

Honestly, it's huge. I learned so much from it and at the other side of it, the clinic have an idea of what to expect when I arrive in August.

I'd find it hard to see myself committing to a doc if I hadn't met him in hindsight. You just get a gut feeling when in the clinic if this is the right choice for you, and you get a sense if the doc is confident with your case.

Having said that I can appreciate entirely that geography and proximity (and as a result, cost) to a clinic play against many people. Online consultations play a very relevant part, and again I learned a lot by doing many.

I even got a nice little discount from my quote simply because I attended in person!

Current Regimen:

I'd find it hard to see myself committing to a doc if I hadn't met him in hindsight. You just get a gut feeling when in the clinic if this is the right choice for you, and you get a sense if the doc is confident with your case.

I couldn't agree more with that sentiment.

Well I've booked pretty much everything. Flights, hire car, hotel, heathrow parking etc.

• 2 weeks later...
I couldn't agree more with that sentiment.

Well I've booked pretty much everything. Flights, hire car, hotel, heathrow parking etc.

Nice one mate, I've literally just done the same! How many nights do you plan on sticking around over there? How much holidays do you have off in total?

I've just implemented what I was previously planning. I've booked 8 nights in the HC Brussels that's 2 min walk away from BHR. To combat the boredom, I've decided to treat myself regarding the room, and have paid that bit more to go for a premium room with a terrace. I figure that having an outdoor area all to myself, overlooking a nice part of Brussels can go some bit to keep me from cracking up! 8 days is a long time to be in a hotel, so I think the extra bit will be worth it!

My gf is asking if I want her to tag along, and I'm in two minds right now. A part of me would love her company, but another part of me wants to do the first week post-op myself and also want to spare her the expense of doing along with having to put up with me in monster-form! I'll think about it!

Current Regimen:

Nice one mate, I've literally just done the same! How many nights do you plan on sticking around over there? How much holidays do you have off in total?

I've just implemented what I was previously planning. I've booked 8 nights in the HC Brussels that's 2 min walk away from BHR. To combat the boredom, I've decided to treat myself regarding the room, and have paid that bit more to go for a premium room with a terrace. I figure that having an outdoor area all to myself, overlooking a nice part of Brussels can go some bit to keep me from cracking up! 8 days is a long time to be in a hotel, so I think the extra bit will be worth it!

My gf is asking if I want her to tag along, and I'm in two minds right now. A part of me would love her company, but another part of me wants to do the first week post-op myself and also want to spare her the expense of doing along with having to put up with me in monster-form! I'll think about it!

Hello mate. I'm flying out on the first sunday and having the op on the Wednesday. I'm only staying until the Friday night and landing back here on the Saturday morning. I'm using mileage points to fly back in business class for a bit more comfort and privacy!

I'll need to pick up a prescription on the monday and get all my meds in advance, as well as getting in some bits and pieces for the hotel stay. The hotel I'm staying at is the one they recommend as it has a fridge in the room - ideal for ice packs, and is 5 minutes away.

I'm taking 5 weeks off work. Hopefully that's enough for the redness to wear off and my hair to mask the donor area. I plan on keeping my hair longer than normal until I know how much shockloss I have to contend with before cutting it a week or so before returning to work.

That's a good plan getting a terrace. Maybe buy half a dozen DVDs to watch.

Your gf going might not be a bad idea to help with things.

I realised that I have to take a taxi from the airport to Dr f clinic and it costs about a few hundred euro...!!!

If you have money to burn then by all means!

Or, you could take the much better option of getting a train from the airport to Central Station for about €5, then get a train from Central to Hasselt for €25. Then you get a taxi from Hasselt station to the clinic for about €6.

Easy!

Current Regimen:

Amazingly detailed thread. Really shows the different in transplant philosophy between 4 great surgeons. Very informative.

I agree this one of the best informative threads about European surgeons specifically in Belgium (Capital of FUE).

How about you Mickey85? Will it be Bisanga or Feriduni? Have you made up your mind yet for your ultimate repair FUE session? Im just curious :D

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

I agree this one of the best informative threads about European surgeons specifically in Belgium (Capital of FUE).

How about you Mickey85? Will it be Bisanga or Feriduni? Have you made up your mind yet for your ultimate repair FUE session? Im just curious :D

I really don't know anymore champ... I'm working on just trying to feel normal first but I haven't forgiven myself for the choices I made.. The feeling is still much too strong to undergo or think about another procedure for now. I do prefer Feriduni's scar repair results over Bisanga's though from what I have seen from both clinics.

Thanks for all you compliments and support buddy.

Edited by Mickey85

Nice write up JD. I've had both FUT and FUE (although the latter was a smallish session) and I can tell you that the recovery from FUE surgery is much easier than strip. Good luck and looking forward to seeing your progress.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

@ Moss - how long is a typical consult with dr. F? What does it cover? and how much does he charge for a consult?

Hey socates. I guess the consult would cover what ever you wanted, by that I mean whatever questions/topics you want to discuss. I actually saw dr F on his recent trip to London, as opposed to going to Belgium. The consults were scheduled to be 30 minutes long I think, however, I was with the dr for about 50 minutes. I never felt at all rushed during this time and my questions were answered fully and openly.We discussed my suitability for a procedure. How much donar hair I have and we discussed hairline designs. It was the second time I'd met the dr. I found him to be a genuinely nice man, as is Christian , his assistant. The consults are free. The dr doesn't charge for them.

As I mentioned, at the moment dr feriduni is at the top of my list for my planned ht.

All the best

Moss

Thanks for the comments guys.

Hello mate. I'm flying out on the first sunday and having the op on the Wednesday. I'm only staying until the Friday night and landing back here on the Saturday morning. I'm using mileage points to fly back in business class for a bit more comfort and privacy!

I'll need to pick up a prescription on the monday and get all my meds in advance, as well as getting in some bits and pieces for the hotel stay. The hotel I'm staying at is the one they recommend as it has a fridge in the room - ideal for ice packs, and is 5 minutes away.

I'm taking 5 weeks off work. Hopefully that's enough for the redness to wear off and my hair to mask the donor area. I plan on keeping my hair longer than normal until I know how much shockloss I have to contend with before cutting it a week or so before returning to work.

That's a good plan getting a terrace. Maybe buy half a dozen DVDs to watch.

Your gf going might not be a bad idea to help with things.

Sounds like a good plan mate. 5 weeks off work is awesome!

The shaving down bit is bothering me probably more than it should. I've never been close to fully shaved before. I have visions of just wanting to wear a hat all day every day from week 3-14! :o A part of me would love to cut down tight enough a bit in advance, I'll see.

I'll have a laptop full of tv series and films to keep me going, as well as a few good books. I think the terrace will be fully utilised!

Current Regimen:

I suspect this will bring much attention to Bisanga as to my knowledge it will be the first patient documented case post-recommendation?

I suspect this will bring much attention to Bisanga as to my knowledge it will be the first patient documented case post-recommendation?

Never know Mickey, I'm still over 4 months away (seems like a lifetime!!), so there could be a few new regs/lurkers who may post between now and then. I'd actually be a little surprised if there wasn't.

Current Regimen:

Really interesting. It would be two active posters with two outstanding FUE surgeons. JohnnyDrama along with Bisanga and Mickey85 along with Feriduni. Please guys keep us updated when you get it done.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Thanks guys.

VERY!

Honestly, it's huge. I learned so much from it and at the other side of it, the clinic have an idea of what to expect when I arrive in August.

Having said that I can appreciate entirely that geography and proximity (and as a result, cost) to a clinic play against many people. Online consultations play a very relevant part, and again I learned a lot by doing many.

I even got a nice little discount from my quote simply because I attended in

person!

Guess I will have to go on a few weekends away!