Sutures inflammed. suggestions?

Hey man. Unfortunately there isn't much to do about it except take some meds and power through it. It's tough because you want to sleep with your head up, but the only way to do that is to rest some part of the sutures on a pillow. Keep it clean and try to touch it as little as possible. Gets better after about a week and a half. Good luck!

If you think about it logically, you just had your scalp sliced open and had a decent-sized chunk cut out, and then sealed back together. It's a freakin' head wound, it's not going to feel awesome. It needs to heal. If you sliced your foot open and got stitches, you would expect it to hurt for a while, right?

Ha! I could only handle the Vicodin for about three days before it started making me feel super gross and I just switched to Advil and sucked up the pain. Even after just three days my stomach was out of whack for a week though. Good work taking care of the donor incision. Stay on that routine and it should start feeling much better real soon.

Hair,

Like Dr. DeYarman stated, if you do start to see any true signs of infection - inflammation, redness, heat - please call your clinic.

Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Had round 1 of sutures taken out today. She said there was significant scabbing on my right side, despite my best efforts, but no infection. Inflamation was I guess just from the tight closure and laxity mixed with the sutures poking my scalp.

I suspect until it all comes out ill continue to average 4 hours a night sleep

Had round 1 of sutures taken out today. She said there was significant scabbing on my right side, despite my best efforts, but no infection. Inflamation was I guess just from the tight closure and laxity mixed with the sutures poking my scalp.

I suspect until it all comes out ill continue to average 4 hours a night sleep

Ouch, doesn't sound fun at all. Makes me feel lucky that I didn't really have the need to take any painkillers and was able to get some sleep after the second day. Wish you a healthy recovery man, keep us updated.

Btw, love the username lol :P

You might want to ask your doctor about using Aleeve which is not a narcotic but can be effective in relieving pain through longer periods like sleeping.

Glad to hear it is not an infection and that you are already on antibiotics.

Wish you the best as you heal.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY