Hair Transplant in India

Hello All,

I'm 25 years old.

I have been following this forum for years now and finally decided to go for a hair transplant in India. With the limited choice available in the market it would be great to get ur opinions. I would ideally prefer a FUE for lowering my hairline(1500-1800 grafts recomended). I had consultation with Dr A (FUE)and the results seem good on his website. Alongside my other considerations are Dr. Radha Palakurthi (FUT) and Dr. Madhu (FUT), both of whom are highly recommended on this forum. The criteria I'm seeking is to achieve a dense hairline using lateral slit technique, irrespective of whether its FUT or FUE since all the doctors mentioned above are very careful with extraction to preserve donor area. Please give your valuable advice

Cheers.

I made a research for my friend about HT in India. Looked at many results and asked my Indian expatriates in Dubai about it. I found out that the best FUE surgeon is Dr. Bhatti, he is better than Dr. A in my opinion as he is more a hands on guy when it comes to surgery although he is using SAFE system but he is very good. When it comes to FUT then I would recommend Dr. Radha because of her knowledge and posted results plus she was trained by Dr. Path from Thailand. Dr. Madhu isnt really my type, he has been inactive in the forum. Less result posts by him or by his own patients. Pretty disappointing. So give it a go and consult Dr. Bhatti first, I do admire his character and quality work. Priority to FUE as its less invasive and no stupid scars in the future. 1500 grafts does not deserve a strip procedure so you can check Dr. Bhatti or Dr. A. Its your call Buddy :-)

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/168847-dr-bhatti-how-does-beard-donor-site-look-like-18-months-post-harvest.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/168487-hair-transplant-tejinder-bhatti-05-12-2012-a.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/169005-hair-restoration-procedure-w-dr-tejinder-bhatti.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/168700-2151-fue-grafts-dr-tejinder-bhatti-darling-buds-%96-23rd-dec-2012-a.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/169396-2157-fue-grafts-dr-tejinder-bhatti.html

Here is a great Video. Loved it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=B-BJaJZcvhY

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

I'd personally recommend Dr. Madhu or Dr. Radha. Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Future_HT_Doc, nice recommendation for strip. I actually recommended Radha for strip. However they are both not have FUE experience not even one FUE result posted. I know Dr. Bhatti isn't recommended in the network but at least he has a lot of FUE experience. According to Bhatti statistics in his website.

How many cases we did in 2011?- 316

How many done using FUE technique? – 297

How many done using FUT technique? – 4

How many using FLUTE technique? -15

How many with other techniques? Flaps- 1, Scalp expansion- 4

This shows that he practicing 96% FUE. So I'm pretty sure that he masters the technique well.

My Hair Treatments:

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Future_HT_Doc, nice recommendation for strip. I actually recommended Radha for strip. However they are both not have FUE experience not even one FUE result posted. I know Dr. Bhatti isn't recommended in the network but at least he has a lot of FUE experience. According to Bhatti statistics in his website.

How many cases we did in 2011?- 316

How many done using FUE technique? – 297

How many done using FUT technique? – 4

How many using FLUTE technique? -15

How many with other techniques? Flaps- 1, Scalp expansion- 4

This shows that he practicing 96% FUE. So I'm pretty sure that he masters the technique well.

Definitely understandable. I do know Dr. Radha performs FUE, but I don't recall seeing any cases posted on the forums. I hope Win carefully researches all option and chooses the physician best suited for his goals.

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

@Hariri:Thanks soo much for your research work. Now, I'm actually more inclined towards Dr. Bhatti.

@Jayukdht: Thank you :)

@Future_HT_Doc- Thanks for ur opinion.. I hope by the time I need a follow up surgery u would be the doctor :)

I spoke to Dr. Bhatti and got recommended '1500grafts(max)'. Though he didn't answer my temple point requirment.

Alongside, I met Dr A in person, at his new clinic in the neighbourhood(Mumbai) for consultation he didn't seem keen to place grafts in the temple point. Later, he agreed but warned that, there might be an angular difference with the transplanted graft from the natural grafts(acute) on the temple point. I would have to apply a grooming product to keep it flat upon the temple area. Why are doctors so skeptical about temple point transplant?

Also please throw some light on the safe scribe 0.75 mm-0.85mm punch used by Dr Bhatti(FUE) vs micro needle used by Dr.A(FUSE) for harvesting? Which in your opinion is a safer, less harmful tool? Ur inputs shall be very helpful.

Edited by Winwin88

I would request you'll to glare through my 'before surgery' pics. All comments/advice are welcome. I somehow can't place the attachment/pics here.. It on my profile.

Thank u :)

Edited by Winwin88

Not sure why Dr Bhatti didnt answer yr question about temple closure requirement.....he answered my questions about my temples when I emailed him my photos.

Dr A's comments....what the hell he's talking about I dont know.

Edited by Future_HT_Doc

Jayukdht: I think it has something to do with the tools.. In case of a lateral slit technique(blades for incision) the temple points(triangular shape in front of my ears) can be restored.. Dr Bhatti should've addressed this.. Blades are his tool. I sent him a mail to clarify..

Dr. Madhu or Dr. Radha have limited experience with FUE so I would not recommend them for FUE. they seem to perform more FUT but thats not what ur interested in. A or Bhatti would be my choice between those discussed here.

Yes your right about his safe system. I guess its up to you if you want your temple points. I believe all questions can be answered by a face to face consultation.

Good luck in finding a surgeon

@Future_HT_Doc- Thanks for ur opinion.. I hope by the time I need a follow up surgery u would be the doctor :)

Hahaha, sounds good! :D

winwin88, Blades are better than needles. Look at this video to learn more.

http://www.hairtransplantmentor.com/hair-transplant-patients/blades-vs-needles/

Also the good thing about choosing Bhatti is that you can call him anytime and that he will take care of you personally without leaving any barrier. Also he is responding to emails immediately and very active these days in the forum. Also his rates are cheaper due to his location as Dr.A is located in the capital.

My Hair Treatments:

I have decided on Dr. Bhatti.. He has incomparable experience in India and also the 'anagen selective FUE', among many other detailed technicalities that you'll have mentioned above which caught my attention..so tentatively I will be getting on that plane 3 days prior to my scheduled(17th Apr) date to meet Dr. Bhatti in person and discuss my new hairline and shave my head for the anagen stubble to grow after 72 hours..

Woohoo I'm soo excited thanks Hariri, based on ur suggestion I did my research, consulted him and I now feel very confident on going ahead with Dr. Bhatti... I'm soo looking forward..

@GNX1, Jayukdht: Thanks again, for narrowing my options down and help me make an informed decision..It would be great to have you'll participate in my journey towards achieving that much desired hairline.

Edited by Winwin88

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

After going through tons of informative messages/threads, this is my first message.

I was just wondering if someone could answer my question.

I am considering FUT procedure in next 3 to 6 months of time down the line. I've two options in my mind:

1) 3000 to 4000 grafts FUT with either doctor Rahal or Hasoon & Wong which will going to cost me around 12000 to 13000 USD (approx).

2) Get 6000 to 8000 FUT grafts in India either with doctor Radha or Madhu. Cost is just $1 per graft

Please advise which will be a better option. I know there are no better doctors than H&W and Rahal globally. However if I consider the cost, I could get more than double the number of grafts in India and still save money. I live in US however India is my native country. So travelling to India for the procedure is not a problem at all.

Better doctor or double the number of grafts – which is more sensible? Please advise.

edit: replied in other thread

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...