A Great Experience with Dr. Steven Gabel

Biz

I'm home enjoying the evening after spending the last two days in Portland, Oregon with Dr. Steven Gabel and his magnificent team. This was a dream come true and Gabel and his entire staff were incredible throughout the entire day. Kudos to Aileen, Stacy, Chrissie, and Karen!

Check in began at 6:30 a.m. Dr. Gabel and I spent about 45 minutes mapping out my new hairline and discussing the game plan for the day. After some initial photographs things got underway quickly. The donor area was prepared, excised and completed by about 9:00 a.m. and the team began preparing grafts immediately. While the anesthesia wasn't pain free it was tolerable and the rest of the procedure was comfortable, if not relaxing. The work was completed by 6:30 p.m.

I slept well the evening after the procedure. I returned the following morning and my scalp and donor area were cleansed and I made the return trip home. I honestly couldn't believe how smooth the procedure went and how little discomfort I'm experiencing just a day after the procedure.

Dr. Gabel makes it a priority to remain personally involved throughout the entire surgery and his presence was reassuring. He continued to keep me advised of the progress of the procedure. In terms of the facility, it's first class all the way. The offices and surgical room are the very best; clean, and meticulously organized. His equipment is top of the line.

If you're considering hair restoration Dr. Gabel should be on your list of potential surgeons.

For those into the numbers here's the breakdown:

1s - 501

2s - 1700

3s - 855

4s - 135

Total - 3191

I've posted photos at: Hair Restoration Social Network - Hair Loss and Transplant Photos

I'll update the album as things progress. Thanks to all on the network who offered encouragement and provided critical information.

Edited by Biz

Congratulations! Dr. Gabel is excellent, and I'm glad you had a good experience. Look forward to future updates.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Biz,

This looks like it's going to make a huge impact on your appearance! I like the design. Can't wait to see the final results. Keep us posted.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, looks like a very clean, precision job! You are going to look so different in 4-5 months! I'll be trailing right behind you by about a month, as my second HT with Dr. Gabel is in 5 days! You, me, and steelblue (and many others) are all very lucky to have picked Dr. Gabel for our procedures - he's one of the absolute best, in reference to both natural results and minimized scarring.

Keep us updated with pics - your case is going to be a real doozie as things pan out, and you're gonna have a lot to show off! :)

Thanks OtherSyde! I'm now 4 weeks post-op and in the ugly duckling stage as most of the grafted hair has shed...now the long wait for new growth. Uugh...everyone is right, this is the hardest part of the whole deal...waiting, wondering about how things will turn out.

Agree totally regarding Dr. Gabel. Good luck with your second procedure and pass along my compliments!