Potential Recommendation of Dr. Christian Bisanga of Brussels, Belgium

Dear forum members,

As many of you know, we gather as much information as possible about a physician, their staff, technique and track record before they are even considered for recommendation on the Hair Transplant Network. Part of our review process involves getting input from patients and the members of this forum community. To learn more about this review process, click here.

Dr. Christian Bisanga has received a large number of accolades from his patients and members of this community over the last several years. Thus, we'd appreciate your input regarding the potential recommendation of Dr. Christian Bisanga of Brussels, Belgium. To see our standards for recommendation, click here.

Dr. Christian Bisanga has over 10 years experience and performs both FUT and FUE hair transplant surgery exclusively at his clinic in Brussels, Belgium. Dr. Bisanga performs only 1 or 2 cases each day and specializes in FUT, FUE, scar repair, BHT (body hair transplantation - using hair from various parts of the body to restore hair on the scalp), beard transplantation and eyebrow reconstruction. He also offers PRP treatments and provides prescriptions for Propecia.

Dr. Bisanga has the staff and experience to perform large, densely packed sessions of ultra refined follicular unit hair transplantation exceeding 3000 grafts when appropriate for the patient. He uses all the latest techniques including the trichophtyic closure, microscopic dissection, minimally invasive blades and needles as small as .75mm, Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) and dense packing when appropriate for the patient.

Dr. Bisanga prefers using a manual FUE punch typically ranging from .75mm to .8mm in size, which he feels reduces trauma and resultant scarring to the skin and eradicates damage to the surrounding follicles.

Because manual extraction can be a slow and tedious process, Dr. Bisanga typically only extracts and transplants up to 1500 grafts daily (or 3000 grafts in 2 days). On the plus side, this allows him to strategically extract grafts from the donor safe zone in an educated and precise pattern eliminating the need to overharvest in one particular area. Dr. Bisanga is confident that FUE, when done correctly, will eliminate dramatic reduction in the donor often resulting in a "moth-eaten" look and allow patients to wear very short hair with no visible signs of surgery.

Dr. Bisanga does not see FUE as in opposition to strip but as a useful adjunct. He believes that FUE is an excellent technique for those who wish to avoid a linear scar and wear their hair cropped short post-surgery but may not be suitable for larger, more advanced hair loss patients. Unless a patient has exceptional donor density, Dr. Bisanga is concerned that extracting too many follicular units may result in patients having a visibly thinned out donor. Thus, Dr. Bisanga typically harvests only approximately 30% of the follicles available in the donor area safe zone over multiple procedures.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is dedicated to natural hairline reconstruction and selects only the finest 1 haired follicular units for placement in the first two rows of the hairline. In order to create the most natural looking hairline and result, Dr Bisanga typically densely packs up to 70 follicular units per square centimeter (FU/cm2).

Given Dr. Bisanga's vast experience in performing both state of the art FUT and FUE and providing only the best results, in my opinion, he should be considered for recommendation.

In recent weeks, Dr. Bisanga has presented several examples of his procedure and recent results on this forum. Dr. Bisanga's Recent Patient and Surgical photos can be found below:

2716 Graft Hybrid (FUT/FUE Combo) with Dr. Bisanga

3721 Grafts FUT with Dr. Bisanga

2200 Grafts FUE 7 Months Post-Op

2294 Grafts FUE 10 Months Post-Op

1603 Graft Hybrid (FUE and Plug Redistribution)

4297 FUT + 2270 Hybrid (FUT/FUE Combo) over 2 Sessions

453 FUE Graft Scar Repair

Patient Posted Experience - 3020 Grafts FUT - From Surgery to Maturation with Dr. Bisanga

Patient Posted Experience - 2093 Grafts FUE with Dr. Bisanga

You can find additional examples of his work by visiting the “Results Posted by Leading Hair Transplant Clinics” forum and by using the “search” feature.

I welcome input and comments from forum members regarding his potential recommendation.

To view our standards for recommendation, click here.

Best wishes,

Bill

I give him my complete vote. Have been wishing for that since the day I joined the network. He got loads of FUE results posted in hairlossexperience forum. Also he is recently recommended in the IAHRS. In my opinion, he is the BEST FUE doctor in the world (scalp and beard hair) even. Thanks Bill. :D:D:D

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Absolutely! He's excellent. Good luck, Dr. Bisanga!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

he is one of the greats at both fue and fut. absolutely delighted that he is interested in being recommended. we need more manual fue docs on this board who consider fue as a procedure on its own and not just for mere nw1 recession. with feriduni and bisanga on here, it is a giant step forward. Bisanga gets my vote 1,000 times over.

I think it would great if Dr. Bisanga joined this forum. I've had 5700 fue with him and have been extremely happy with the results. He is well known for his fue work which is why I went to him. What is less known about him is that his strip work is amazing too. You will see this in his results for sure. I can tell you first hand that he truly cares about his patients and will only do whats best for them. He has my vote 100%, I think he will make a great contribution to this forum!

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

I'm meeting Dr. Bisanga in 3 weeks for a consultation. Having done a lot of research on many docs.......there is a remarkable consistency in his results, in both FUT and FUE. There are very few docs who can make this claim from what I have seen.

So far I have obviously only dealt with his rep Stephen, but again I'm impressed at his response times as well as well as the information included in each response.

From the extensive results that are available online, to the procedures of the clinic/staff, it would be a definite yes from myself.

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

For anyone looking to have a procedure done in Europe, this Dr is one of, if not the best! always in and around the top 3.

Consistency is key when researching results and this is what i have always witnessed when seeing results from Dr Bisanga.

Well I only had my HT with Dr.Bisanga a week ago but so far so good although its very early days. Everything is healing nicely and I cant wait for the next few months to pass. The procedure itself went well and the aftercare provided by Stephen the rep has been brilliant so from that standpoint I can only recommend.

I think given the overwhelmingly positive response we received from the patient and physician members of this community (both privately and publicly), it's time to formally approve Dr. Christian Bisanga for recommendation on the Hair Transplant Network. To view his recommendation profile, click here.

Congratulations to Dr. Bisanga. We look forward to seeing many more great results from him in the months to come.

Onwards and Upwards,

Bill

Great news!

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

Magnificent! Truly one of the greats! Bill, I know this may be a long shot but are there plans for someone(You, Pat, etc) to travel to Belgium to visit the Doctor's clinics and do video interviews like it has been done before with Dr. Hasson, Rahal, Wong, Dorin etc? I know it's a long way to go, just curious if we would ever get interviews with those Docs.

The best European FUE surgeon is finally recommended in HTN. The forum will be full of great FUE results soon.

My Hair Treatments:

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Bill,

This was never in doubt.I have been familiar with Dr Bisanga's work for a long time now and continue to be impressed.He has a good back up team and Stephen who works with him has great knowledge and integrity and i see BHR's recommendation as a positive step for HTN

Mick

Patient coordinator for Dr. Bessam Farjo who is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Thanks for everyone's input. I agree that Dr. Bisanga's recommendation on the Hair Transplant Network is long overdue. In my opinion, he is a super star surgeon who provides his patients with realistic and excellent results.

Mickey,

Great suggestion! While we don't have any immediate plans to visit Europe, it's definitely possible that it will happen. Many of the video interviews we've filmed with leading surgeons has been at annual ISHRS meetings. Perhaps we will be able to film Dr. Bisanga and other leading surgeons that we didn't get a chance to film at an upcoming meeting. We'll certainly keep this community posted :-).

Best wishes,

Bill

Mickey,

Just for you, I'm willing to "bite the bullet" on this one and take a sponsored trip to Europe to travel to various locales and interview our physicians ; )

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I'm meeting Dr. Bisanga in 3 weeks for a consultation. Having done a lot of research on many docs.......there is a remarkable consistency in his results, in both FUT and FUE. There are very few docs who can make this claim from what I have seen.

So far I have obviously only dealt with his rep Stephen, but again I'm impressed at his response times as well as well as the information included in each response.

From the extensive results that are available online, to the procedures of the clinic/staff, it would be a definite yes from myself.

The communication with them has been pretty good, but one time I requested to be informed of an upcoming consultation but somehow it did not happen. I lost some time on that as far as getting my HT performed. Otherwise the communication has been fast.

Edited by recedingboy

Based on the posted results. I think Dr. Bisanga is the best FUE surgeon from the recommended ones in Europe and maybe even the best among all of them. His FUE procedures have similar yield with strip ones.

My Hair Treatments:

I too consulted with Stephen, but did not receive timely responses. In fact, I have been informed Bisanga will only perform procedures after meeting prospective patients. I was supposed to be informed when he would visit the U.S. and was not on time. Living in the U.S., I would not fly to Belgium just for a consultation. I hope I would have the opportunity to consult with him and further consider him, but logistically it is too difficult with their requirement of pre-meeting and when I was free they dropped the ball in informing me of his presence in the U.S.

I found Stephen to be incredibly quick to respond to any concern that I had, be it at the initial consultation stage, or later pre and post op. My emails were answered within minutes.

I think Dr Bisanga is often in the US so hopefully you can arrange a consult in the future.

Regards

ejj