1126 grafts FUT 3 months in

i could put one up but two things...hard to see on camera and im active duty military and i shave my head...yea i know crazy with the FUT but ill deal with it now. do you think 1126 grafts was enough. everyone on here seems to get double that. will the density be as good you think as it needs to be to look good or am i in for a certain 2nd procedure

Hi soccer,

You will most likely need to go in for a 2nd session for a really strong hairline . Most Doctors tell patients that it won't be as dense as your existing hair, I've had a transplant like you as well ... its grown in quite well but i would like a 2nd session to make it perfect. Get on finasteride and minoxidil if you arent already and be patient .. the work looks clean so i believe you will be pleasantly surprised with the outcome . waiting for it to grow in is the hardest part . so just relax for now . at about 5 months you will start to notice a difference .

thanks alot sounds good and like i have mentioned.. the hairs are growing in and honestly, i am okay with having that natural receding hairline as opposed to that straight hairline that we all want before we walk into the office...my biggest concern was will the density be good and will i be able to do hairstyles that look decent. and i am always concerned i will be that terrible story that you see online sometimes but crossing fingers and very hopeful! thanks again

Hey man, I can only share what I've learned over the past 5 months.

First, the work looks clean and the hairline looks natural. I can't tell from these pics but if you have blonde hair then it will camouflage well with your skin, giving the illusion of density. Also, the density may not be uniform throughout the area. Maybe my eyes are fooling me but it looks like the center section is more dense than the temples. This is completely natural as temples are typically thinner than the rest.

Second, did you have a discussion with your surgeon about a long term plan? If you're thinning at 20/21 then you could be destined for extensive loss. Your surgeon was probably very conservative to preserve grafts for the future. It's far too early to speculate on what the final result will look like but chances are you'll look fine and want more.

long term was not discussed but maybe it was assumed. i didnt want to use too many grafts and it is thicker in middle becasue their is existing hair their. to be honest i have very nice thick fine hair throughout my head with exception to temple....i know that was kind of a contradiction but it's not thin everywehere and I take propecia..rogaine even though im not sure why i do rogaine and bitoin pills. thanks for support and i will post picks within the next month and more after that

i just put them up should be able to see. like i said in my profile, my progress up to this point which is just over 90 days at this point I am happy with but wanted to get feedback from post op pics which i never really got from anybody...what do you guys think??

Like others have said I think your work looks very clean and I think the hairline design is just about perfect. It is more of a mature hairline but I think it will serve you well a few years down the road, plus you probably have more in reserve if needed in the future.

Looks good to me. :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...