Dr.Panine 3500+ FUT just under 4 weeks post op

pest947

Good Afternoon all,

Ilurked on the website for a long time and many of your success stories urged me to take the plunge. On January 24th I underwent a 3500+ FUT session with Dr.Panine to restore my hairline after struggling with hair loss for almost 10 years. The procedure though long and sometimes painful was not as bad as I had imagined before becoming more informed here and going through it myself. I highly recommend Dr.Panine and staff for anyone considering this option. They were extremely professional, made me comfortable the whole time and answer any questions or concerns immediately pre, during and post op. They do not forget about you once you have went through the procedure.

I was an early shedder, most of my hair shed at about a week and when I saw Stuart at 2 weeks to have the sutures removed he commented about 80% of the graphs had shed at that time. So like many of you that had went through this process I am anxiously awaiting the results. I started taking finasteride (never was on it before) immediately day after the procedure, started using Rogaine foam (tried it about 2 years ago) 1 week post op to hopefully promote faster growth and vitamin B6 supplements.

So today not quite 4 weeks after, I am seeing very small hairs starting to pop out, best I can compare it to is when you see a hair first pop out after shaving your face or head. I was fairly certain this is new growth and it's got me very excited, I thought is it possible that the hair would start to grow a couple of weeks after shedding? So I sent a picture to Stuart today and to his amazement it does appear that my transplanted hairs are starting to grow.

I added a picture today, which is 3 days shy of 4 months post op.

I added Pictures from my 6 Month follow up with Stuart. I am extremely happy with the results.

5b32d6ed1bb22_preop1.JPG.1ea3beda64704a13eedf063dc608f9de.JPG

preop5.JPG.b3a5eee23f5390f12c4c9c7b383f64dc.JPG

preop6.JPG.f0336c10228a9eeeaa77d0b3734ef21a.JPG

5b32d6ed4bbe5_postop2.JPG.80ac0ea2ab93507a3184ea26f21d49e6.JPG

5b32d6ed67171_twoweeks1.JPG.2594ca87fbf1fa1ffa25ced19ad23786.JPG

5b32d6ed7cd78_twoweeks2.JPG.4ed20692e9b486d1f92a2e20458bfd6d.JPG

5b32d6ed8d6bc_2weeks3.JPG.1a7c3434e15b624416bf11546d0a9e83.JPG

5b32d6ed9c9f0_3daysshy4weekspostop.jpg.ac5ad8d520b7ebdb59175e9bc2a1efa6.jpg

5b32d8a1d6a9d_almost4months.jpg.b4cd706834c6713c75a3a7f90b57847e.jpg

5b32da87c2632_6monthsfront1.JPG.aa5eaaebda643b29e669f5b131b9b428.JPG

5b32da87d4ef9_6monthsside.JPG.453c07d046f9f07be2cf30e90db9dacb.JPG

5b32da881b625_6monthsside2.JPG.2850ad0a8afa2e5db503e549ec5bbc8f.JPG

5b32da8833f39_6monthstop.JPG.158ce6a1fb640fccdcc90b727ef295e3.JPG

5b32da884d1da_6monthsscar.JPG.828c292b16d807448803672dbcaefaee.JPG

Edited by pest947

Comments first and then questions...

Maybe you're just one of the lucky ones, but it's very rare to start growing the new hair out within a month. Be prepared for it to fall out, be depressed for a couple more months and then slowly start to see it grow out around month 3. For me, it took even longer - it was a good 5 months before I could start to see the new hair and a steady 10-11 months before it reached max thickness.

With that being said, how was Dr. Panine? I think I have decided to have a 2nd procedure and I'm in Chicago.

Stuart Dr.Painine's right hand man, didn't believe it until he saw the pictures and says it does appear they are growing, I have seen enough progress and more pop out to remain cautiously optimistic that they are sprouting already.

I like DR.Panine and staff a lot, as you know they made a very long procedure go as quickly and painless as possible, they take good care of you before, during and after the procedure. If I ever decide to do a second one I would definitely go back there.

Dr Panine is achieving great results, very consistently. I for one am a big fan. Congratulations on your recent procedure with him, I know what it is like to have to wait a long time with hairloss before undergoing a procedure. You have made a superb choice with your Dr and I wish you the very best of luck moving forward!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

2 Months post-op, I suppose I am seeing a little more activity on my grafts then what is normal at this stage, but still feeling the effects of the "Ugly duckling stage" How much longer until I get past that phase....lol :)

5b32d7c2d3a74_2months.jpg.91bb0403e1da0fd55fb74c84f7117b2d.jpg

Congrats on getting the results you want. If you dont mind, can you please give me a cost idea? Thank you tons.

Dr. Painine Charged $3.50 per graft, the cost is of course dependent on how many grafts you need/want plus an out of town discount. I highly recommend him and his staff.

"Ugly duckling phase" is very subjective and varies from person to person. For some, it takes much longer than others. That was the case with my first HT - I'd say my Ugly Duckling phase was around 4 months. Others say it's only 2 months for them.

I tend to think that people that have frontal procedures experience longer UD phases simply because the area of work is more noticeable.

Hurry up and wait! You'll get there. :)

I think you're in a great position to have an excellent result if you went to Dr. Panine. Really a fan of the results that come out of his clinic, and I have zero doubt that you'll be an exception to that!!! Congratulations on choosing a great clinic, and wishing you lots of growth and good results to come!!

Best,

Mike

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

• 5 months later...

Good results for 6 months and only 3.5k grafts. Your new growth looks very natural and the way your hair is styled backwards suits you very well in my opinion. Might just be me but i can't even see the scar line in in your donor area, either way that's a good thing :) Best of luck with any future growth, a bit more density and you will be spot on.

• 5 months later...

I decided to combine both my posts into one to track full results. I am now about 1 1/2 months post 2nd op. My second procedure with Doctor Panine, was for another 3500, but ended up with 3,473 grafts. I guess my donor area is pretty much done, save a possible smaller FUE procedure in the future.

My goal was to reinforce my hairline and get decent coverage to about the top 75% or so of my head and am petty confident DR.Panine did the job. In my first procedure DR.Panine did a nice job restoring a decent hairline for me, it will be interesting to see the entire finished product in the coming months.

Here are post op pictures and a picture of about a week and a half post up, the red areas on my scalp were dense packed and grafts were sprinkled in the opposite ends of the denser packer areas as I had more hair there. I am hoping this will give me coverage close to what DR.Panine did for my hairline throughout the first 2/3rd or so of my scalp, the finisterede I'm on seemed to have done a decent job covering some of the back crown of my area that was left alone and while thin is at least covered to a decent extent.

• 2 weeks later...