scalp dye?

• 4 years later...
  • 6 months later...

I did find some searching... It looks like our best bet on this is to take a shot with stage-makeup style skin dyes... This is the kind you can put in an airbrush for fake tattoos (like at fairs/carnivals and stuff), or you can also rub it on with sponges, brushes, or fingertips. A couple drops will spread over a large area.

Check this out: http://shop.temptu.com/p-33-sb-foundations.aspx

Look at the different shades... I would say the the 010: Cappuccino or the 011: Dark Cocoa would be good for most mid-brown-colored guys' hair, but really dark-haired guys might want to try the 012: Espresso.

I found the 011: Dark Cocoa color on eBay for $18 instead of the steeper $25 that the retail site wants. I am ordering one now, I will post pics for you guys if anything good comes of it. Then we will maybe look for a cheaper alternative.

One other option I've wondered about would be Henna ink; It is dark brown, nontoxic, and lasts for a whopping 1-3 weeks... But how would it look on a pale white scalp? Would it look orange icon_redface.gif That would be horrid! But I will be your guinea pig, so to speak. I found some http://cgi.ebay.com/Instant-MEHNDI-HENNA-PASTE-Temporary-Tattoo-Ink-BodyArt_W0QQitemZ110322806028QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item110322806028&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50, and I will order a small tube to try it, in a small area first, then with more coverage if it works well enough.

If one of these options works, it could be a great temporary solution for the whole mid-scalp-thinning problem until my savings CD matures in 10 months and I buy a $10,000 FUE hair transplant.

And while you're waiting, you guys could try and scout out some other types/brands of skin ink; I found a thread here, in a forum for stage-actors and models and tattoo artists, that says that alcohol-based skin-ink lasts the longest. You could search for something like that, too.

Wish me luck, and check back over the next week or so.

• 3 weeks later...