Dr. Radha Rani - 21/Feb/2013 - Pics

tihom

After reading positive reviews about Dr. Radha Rani on this forum, I finally decided to contact her and get my HT done through here. Through this thread I will maintain a log of all my HT. I am 29 years and from India. I have tried different types of medication through the last 5-6 years but nothing has been working.

October 2012

I first emailed Dr. Radha Rani and sent my photographs to her and waited for her reply. The photographs that I sent to her can be seen below. She replied by saying that I needed approximately 2000-2500 grafts in the forehead and around 1000 grafts in the crown area. She quoted her charges as 50/- per graft even for an Indian National like me. And she also said she would do a FUT for me. Another important thing that she confirmed was that she does only 1 surgery per day and she would be present throughout the surgery for around 8 hours. She also said on email that she can offer 300 grafts for free when I asked for any deals for 2 or more members willing to go for a HT.

November 2012

I decided to visit her clinic before getting the HT done just for my satisfaction and hence me and a friend who was also interested in a consultation visited Visakhapatnam. I personally did not like the look and feel of the surroundings of her clinic and it wasn't like any traditional hospital. It is located in a commercial building and felt a bit shady. Me and friend finally met Dr. Radha Rani in person and she provided a brief consultation for us and confirmed again that I would require 2000 grafts or so in the front and 1000 in the crown area. She also mentioned that I might have to come back for a HT in the future.

February 2013

I finally have fixed my HT with her for 21/Feb/2013 and will post my current pictures in my next post. All these days I have not been taking any medication except for applying fresh home made Hibiscus extract on my scalp 2-3 times a week.

I would like members here to advice about anything that I should keep in mind and be wary of. I am hoping to see good results if not anything spectacular. Also if any member who is getting his HT done around the same time wants to get in touch, please PM me.

5b32d6e0edcf5_OCT20121.jpg.e1977a7ad5a9c3fcedfd0c9c56bc559d.jpg

5b32d6e10b467_OCT20122.jpg.2ab345a83a5e71766775c41638e00e38.jpg

5b32d6e122720_OCT20123.jpg.35f0232670f06f2334d1d37e298282ee.jpg

5b32d6e1343a9_OCT20124.jpg.f2d6b481232dd1890ff459bb23de63a4.jpg

5b32d6e148d85_OCT20125.jpg.bc25f007a2241fb09daee3342c5a4ac1.jpg

5b32d6e15b5ed_OCT20126.jpg.8030b6e521016b62ceff4d5431f6ffaf.jpg

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good LUCK brother !

Thanks mate.

Good Luck. Your in good hands

Thanks. I hope she really turns out to be good.

Hi tihom.

I would like to be in touch with you via email. Could you please email me your email address. I'm planning to go to dr Radha too.

It would help me a lot mate.

bassett747@yahoo.com.au

Thanks mate

Wade

I have sent you a PM with my email id. We can surely be in touch.

Your hairloss is not that bad. At this stage you can actually get a good transplant which can return you at Norwood 2 or even 1.

Thanks for the encouragement. I am praying and hoping to get good results.

I request all Dr. Radha Rani's patients to please share their experiences with detailed pics as there are some doubts being raised about her results. See this thread for more,

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/169399-confusing-photos-dr-radha-rani.html

This is making me really anxious and jittery.

Are you on minoxidil and finasteride? Your loss is pretty minor frankly. I don't think you need to get an HT quite yet.

I am not on Finasteride or Minoxidil. I did try them though. I don't think the hair on my front and sides will ever come back without a HT. Finasteride and Minoxidil will help in the crown area and to stabilize the hair loss I guess. But the front and sides I don't think I had an option.

Hi tihom, I've just joined this forum but have been a regular visitor. Me also considering an HT with Dr Radha sometimes soon. Can you provide me with your mail or contact number?

Check your PM.

I am quoting Dr. Radha Rani here on why she has suggested a FUT for me:

Hi

I would do the FUT fo ryou for the following reasons

FUE/FUT

1.The damage to the roots of the hair follicles is higher with FUE - 20-30% than with strip technique - 1-2%.

2.You will have to pay twice the price for FUE because it is time consuming

3.There is damage to the remaining hair at the donor area.

4.Future sessions if ever required give a small yield.

Today's pics (pre op) coming up soon.

Hi tihom.

I almost had my HT booked with dr Radha until I came across your blog. What you mean shady clinic and sounding area. If the clinic was shady how come you booked your HT mate? I'm not sure what to do now. My friend and I are sort of put off by your comments cuz you said you went and visited the clinic and didn't like it and then you booked.

Can you please explain? I don't live in India to catch a flight and visit, it's a little far to come from Australia and just to visit the clinic.

I would like to know from the people who had HT done with dr Radha to come forward and say something.

Thanks mate

Hi tihom.

I almost had my HT booked with dr Radha until I came across your blog. What you mean shady clinic and sounding area. If the clinic was shady how come you booked your HT mate? I'm not sure what to do now. My friend and I are sort of put off by your comments cuz you said you went and visited the clinic and didn't like it and then you booked.

Can you please explain? I don't live in India to catch a flight and visit, it's a little far to come from Australia and just to visit the clinic.

I would like to know from the people who had HT done with dr Radha to come forward and say something.

Thanks mate

Yes. I did personally visit the clinic but I did not find it upscale and to the standard for the price she is charging of 50/- per graft. This can be a very personal opinion. Her building was located in a totally commercial building and did not feel like a hospital and even the surroundings weren't that clean or great. This maybe because I had seen a much better and sophisticated clinic in New Delhi earlier.

I booked my HT with her just because of the positive experiences people shared in this forum about her. It is really difficult to take a decision otherwise. But even I am anxious and confused right now seeing posts in the forum that question her capability.

PS: Opinions vary from person to person.

@Tihom, I don't see any posts from experienced people that question Dr Radha's capabilities. I do see posts from forum members with no experience questioning her capabilities. Their baseless scaremongering appears to be due to a lack of people updating their forum posts and pictures.

Please do look at my posts and my pictures if you, Wadenwa and others wish to see her work.

Most people eventually fade away from this forum as they move on with their lives. This too will happen to you.

You will post regular updates post surgery, question your choices and think all has failed as you go through the doldrums, and then show off your head of hair around the 7 to 10 month stage and then leave the nest, so to speak. This is only natural. I was so keen post surgery that I was going to post a picture each week. Boy did I get tired of that pretty quickly.

So no, I and many other patients of Dr Radha or any other doc have nothing to hide. If I or any other patient wasn't happy with the results then you can bet that the news would be all over the forum.

That being said, I agree that her surgery needs to be spruced up. A fresh coat of paint would not go astray. But then again, I paid her for her abilities as a surgeon, not an interior decorator.

@Tihom, I don't see any posts from experienced people that question Dr Radha's capabilities. I do see posts from forum members with no experience questioning her capabilities. Their baseless scaremongering appears to be due to a lack of people updating their forum posts and pictures.

Please do look at my posts and my pictures if you, Wadenwa and others wish to see her work.

Most people eventually fade away from this forum as they move on with their lives. This too will happen to you.

You will post regular updates post surgery, question your choices and think all has failed as you go through the doldrums, and then show off your head of hair around the 7 to 10 month stage and then leave the nest, so to speak. This is only natural. I was so keen post surgery that I was going to post a picture each week. Boy did I get tired of that pretty quickly.

So no, I and many other patients of Dr Radha or any other doc have nothing to hide. If I or any other patient wasn't happy with the results then you can bet that the news would be all over the forum.

That being said, I agree that her surgery needs to be spruced up. A fresh coat of paint would not go astray. But then again, I paid her for her abilities as a surgeon, not an interior decorator.

Thanks mate. Your words have really made me feel better and more confident about my choice.

Adding my pics as of today:

5b32d6e6ab71c_Feb20131.jpg.8f9378a4e1d2156c377aacea42dd4e3d.jpg

5b32d6e6c1ea8_Feb20132.jpg.33ce2a51c669f4be50b503b630ffb6d7.jpg

5b32d6e6d7792_Feb20133.jpg.b04f902c608219dc406af32fd7576171.jpg

5b32d6e6eae96_Feb20134.jpg.5453beb61333b68f735ae5aafac80d51.jpg

5b32d6e70dbe8_Feb20135.jpg.d7370852951fda8d97aca3921497167e.jpg

I agree with litesport, I have not seen any actual patient of Dr. Radha complain. I had my surgery last month and while I can't report on results, I can say that my scar is healing well and the hairline design is great. I found the facility to be adequate and what I would expect for a clinic. Even here in the U.S. medical clinics are typically in commercial buildings (not hospitals). The quality of the building itself is on par with all the buildings in Vizag, concrete with an outdoor stairwell. The interior of the clinic features frosted glass walls with mostly natural lighting. It was clean, quiet, and comfortable.

I finally had my transplant today. I was able to get around 3600 grafts. Will be posting post op pics later. Here is my feedback as such regarding the clinic:

Pros:

1. Dr. Radha is a very genuine and patient person from what I felt.

2. The complete procedure was explained to me in detail.

3. At all points of the surgery I was kept informed about what she is doing.

4. Dr. Radha was present throughout the surgery except for maybe an hour or so.

5. Her staff is very courteous and helpful.

6. I was provided with a good Indian meal and sufficient breaks and fruit juice.

7. All events were photographed by Dr. Radha and she has agreed to give me the snaps tomorrow.

8. She never asked for money or anything ever unlike some other Doctors in India who keep demanding money before doing anything.

9. I did not feel much pain as such and it was pretty bearable except for the initial time when I was made to like on my stomach for the hair extraction. Nothing really bad though.

10. She completely helped me decide what I wanted with my hairline and how she would go about it.

Cons:

1. I still did not find the clinic really upscale and very clean. This can be improved.

2. The dress given to me to wear was really loose and torn and bad.

3. No hand sanitizers anywhere but there was hand wash.

4. Maybe it was me or I just felt I was given a lot of tablets to take during and post surgery. I am not really fond of medicines. But maybe these were required.

I cannot remember anything else as such and will post more tomorrow maybe. Overall I feel pretty satisfied after going to her and I guess I will wait for the results and see how well it goes. All in God's hands now.

2nd day post op update:

It has been pretty tough dealing with the stitches and head band till now. I have been given antibiotics and painkillers and got done with my shampoo yesterday. I have been asked to shampoo twice softly daily using Johnsons Baby Shampoo only. There is unbearable itch on my scalp and since I had a tight scalp (as the Doc said) even the stiches are hurting. I have not been able to sleep properly. The head bad also hurts now. It is there to prevent swelling of my face.

The doc says I will experience a lot of relief once she removes the sutures on the 25th Feb evening. I just can't wait.

Also, she has told me I can get my hair shaved if I wanted after day 5 post op. I have been given written instructions for everything that needs to be done and to be taken care of.

I just cannot wait to get rid of the headband, sutures and this itch.

I felt nothing for several days after surgery but after the numbness wore off the itching became intense. I'm still itching 1 month post op. Instead of scratching I gently (or not so gently) pat the donor area. For the recipient area I washed frequently for the first 15 days and applied olive oil thereafter.

I felt nothing for several days after surgery but after the numbness wore off the itching became intense. I'm still itching 1 month post op. Instead of scratching I gently (or not so gently) pat the donor area. For the recipient area I washed frequently for the first 15 days and applied olive oil thereafter.

Maybe because my scalp was too tight. I should have done some scalp exercises.

I will be posting pics soon. I will be getting all the pics that Dr. Radha clicked before and during the surgery from her today. Also, will post my own pics in a day or so. Right now I will be going to get the sutures removed today. I am having quite a lot of swelling and itching. The headband is also very irritating to keep on.

Swelling above the headband is normal. That's the purpose of the headband, to keep the swelling contained to the upper forehead. When I removed the headband after 5 days the swelling dropped down to my temples but disappeared within 2 days. I never felt any pain.