In June of 2012 I made the decision to go through with a hair transplant at Perfection Makeover and Laser Center in Cancun, led by Dr. Alfonso Gonzalez Cepeda (link removed by moderator)

I hadn't really done my research, and at the time was desperate because of my hair loss, and the fact that I had recently broken up with my girlfriend. Frankly I wasn't thinking clearly or rationally.

I regretted this decision deeply, from day one. The surgery was extremely painful, and I was in pain for a solid five days after the surgery.

The results are not good, look completely fake, and my confidence is actually worse than before I had the transplant. I also have an uneven scar across the back of my head, that looks like the surgeon just ripped it off at the end.

Dr. Cepeda actually had nothing to do with the surgery and it was his techs that did the transplant.

If I could go back in time and change one thing in my life, it would be this transplant. I regret it every day. If you are one of those guys like me, on the fence and thinking about getting a cheaper transplant in Mexico (or really, any HT at all).... take my advice. Don't even think about it. The mental trauma of going through a bad transplant is way, way worse than going bald. Just shave your head man. Keep your self respect, your dignity, your sanity. I don't even care about the money. Seriously, I'm jealous of you guys that can just shave your head.

If you think a HT will make you more confident or successful with girls, it won't. It will make you LESS. Even a good hair transplant. The knowledge that you went and did something so stupid and unnatural will erode your confidence.

If anyone has any questions, I'll check back here and there and answer them.

I sorry for your experience. Unfortunately its quite common with the majority of clinics in the world. Fortuantly websites like this assist you in making a wise decision although I know it wont help with your situation.

If you think a HT will make you more confident or successful with girls, it won't. It will make you LESS. Even a good hair transplant. The knowledge that you went and did something so stupid and unnatural will erode your confidence.

Understandable you are emotional with comments like this. I am not saying a gret transplant will make you more confident but people that recieved good transplant dont feel its stupid or unnatural.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

• 3 years later...