“Why Hair Transplants Are a Bad Idea" blog

MCS

"Show me a patient by a top doc on this site that does't look better after 7500 grafts? "

I agree 100% If you plan it right, and work with someone who can predict where your hair loss will end up.

Game changer.

Just don't expect thick hair. I feel its really difficult to educate someone on that.

I''m not math guy like but lets say

FUT 7500 x $3 = 22500 add taxes flight etc rounds up nicely to $25000

Why can't you just prepare for the worst from the start? Have your doctor plan for you to become an NW7.....then if you don't you have extra grafts left over later on?

Probably a very naive question but...

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

4. If the shaved look suits you, go for it and forget a HT.

I have found that over the years of shaving my head since im a NW5 it does little or nothing to make you look less bald.

I see dude's with shaved heads who are losing their hair and say to myself "aint workn dude, you still bald and look bald and shaving that head aint helping". but that's from a perspective of someone who shaves their head and is bald so im a little bias I guess....

the only solution is a HT and a lot of money....:D

Why can't you just prepare for the worst from the start? Have your doctor plan for you to become an NW7.....then if you don't you have extra grafts left over later on?

Probably a very naive question but...

1. Hair greed

2. People like me whose corners recessed but the front hadn't yet. Im not likely to ever be a NW7, but if I did I would be screwed.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

1. Hair greed

2. People like me whose corners recessed but the front hadn't yet. Im not likely to ever be a NW7, but if I did I would be screwed.

Spinker - Not that I think you will ever reach a NW 6 or 7 stage but if you did reach a 6 you would not be screwed provided you had a good amount of lifetime grafts which I believe that you do. Now, a NW 7, even in that case, I believe you would be fine since you started out with a great doc and you know he is looking out for you in his long term planning.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

I want to show you photo of a friend of mine that had one session of 7800 grafts. Before his hair transplant he wore a toupee for 8 years and refused to go swimming with it.

Do you think he regreds his hair transplant? I dont think so. He is so happy and his onl regret is that he wore a toupee for so long.

IMG_5088-W800.jpg.d4361ba256a306c1c1f9572cec9b0e7d.jpg

IMG_5090-W800.jpg.8105867da092096b28dadf8ef50f62ec.jpg

IMG_5087-W800.jpg.c8c981360e0dc65358527cb8db86f479.jpg

IMG_5089-W800.jpg.d58dc3e70d4ec4a8558b1eab9d408ca4.jpg

IMG_5091-W800.jpg.499503c03299d1616bf894d667ae6be6.jpg

tn_DSCF0943_zps735bf6f5.jpg.3f5cb94370c58d85c9fe97acd5f387b1.jpg

tn_DSCF0948_zpsf9deca95.jpg.fd171bb07f68c4b4328e96de77d8c701.jpg

tn_D4-1.jpg.1c23a0d0e41f3363f25b2da92c461d16.jpg

tn_DSCF0947_zpsb7226c44.jpg.08fde12b7e27e9e16cdb1d4eb705610d.jpg

tn_DSCF0959_zps537a32b9.jpg.dac52faab24534b8151cf5f7593d8c32.jpg

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Amazing results.

Education is the key..

That blog points out some of the potential pitfalls of a HT, that you would not read otherwise. People need to hear both sides of the equation, total cost honest expectations. Too often instead of learning form a negative experience, it is instead buried..

Education is the key..

That blog points out some of the potential pitfalls of a HT, that you would not read otherwise. People need to hear both sides of the equation, total cost honest expectations. Too often instead of learning form a negative experience, it is instead buried..

I agree the education is important. I do understand in the hair transplant industry there is alot better chance of recieving a bad transplant than a good one. That why its important to research as much as possible and chose the right doctor. As a person that helps out H&W I have seem alot of patients that comes from Italy for repair so I have seem some horrible transplant. You know in a country like Italy that has around 60 million people and a large amount of hair transplant doctors I am only know one doctor that can product consitant and good result seven though he doesnt do more than 2500 grafts.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

So here is a question: probable NW6, currently and NW 4-5, 36 years old, goes to a "top" doc. Says to top doc: assume that propecia will not work and I will progress to an NW6, or even I cannot take propecia due to medical/religious/whatever reason. Patient has average donor density. Top doc says you have 7,000-8,000 hairs available. Says you need about 4000-4500 in the first round, which will leaves enough for the rest of the head as needed. Patient says other "top" docs said there was potentially less hair available and to doa transplant of anywhere frmo 2500-3,000 in this round. Top doc says he would be surprised if you did not have AT LEAST 7,000 available, and the other estimates on graft amounts would "not do anything for you." Again, "TOP DOC" frequently cited as "can't go wrong" on this site. Thoughts?

So here is a question: probable NW6, currently and NW 4-5, 36 years old, goes to a "top" doc. Says to top doc: assume that propecia will not work and I will progress to an NW6, or even I cannot take propecia due to medical/religious/whatever reason. Patient has average donor density. Top doc says you have 7,000-8,000 hairs available. Says you need about 4000-4500 in the first round, which will leaves enough for the rest of the head as needed. Patient says other "top" docs said there was potentially less hair available and to doa transplant of anywhere frmo 2500-3,000 in this round. Top doc says he would be surprised if you did not have AT LEAST 7,000 available, and the other estimates on graft amounts would "not do anything for you." Again, "TOP DOC" frequently cited as "can't go wrong" on this site. Thoughts?

Some can get more than others. Some of it is in the strategy and some is just being more aggressive. I agree that 2500 wont do much for a NW4-5 on a 36 y/o without grey hair. I think most guys with average density and decent laxicity have 7k grafts in the bank, even if you have to fue out your last 1k. You kind of have to research and decide if the guy really is a top doc. There is sometimes some fan fare for clinics that don't make the cut for my personal standard.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I want to show you photo of a friend of mine that had one session of 7800 grafts. Before his hair transplant he wore a toupee for 8 years and refused to go swimming with it.

Do you think he regreds his hair transplant? I dont think so. He is so happy and his onl regret is that he wore a toupee for so long.

wow! very nice. dont see any regrets there.

I think the key is the HT doctors realization that he will need alomst 8000 grafts to no longer look bald. cause if ur just gonna get a HT and look LESS bald I see no point in it. H&W seem to get that better then most.

H&W rountinely do large sessions and are some of the most experienced at it and id say there patient before and after pics are the most impressive of any HT doctor ive ever researched.