HT at Colorado Surgical/Hair Institute

HairlessHero

Spell check does it's thing. I've found plenty of good comments about CHI in the first section of this thread. I'm board certified in emergency medicine for one, and have saved many lives, that's what I do. And I would highly suggest to anyone looking to have an HT, to look into the team at CHI. There's your positive comment. There must be a reason they've been around awhile and have plenty of positive reviews outside this site. You should turn that anger into something positive and get corrected. I deal with a lot worse every day. If it makes you guys feel better to bash my background, or grammar, please go right ahead.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im calling you out Rickibobbi. You are clearly Chris Mcyntire the office manager who runs or owns this place. When I called on 10/27 and identified myself you knew right away who I was based on the dialogue we have had in this thread , and even used the same term "stretchback scar". Coming on this forum and pretending to be a physician who went to CHI and had "great work" is deceptive practice at best. Like we discussed on the phone if you want to either refund my money or pay for a IAHRS physician to correct the damage done I will post that here and comment on how you did the right thing. Until then....

STAY AWAY FROM COLORADO SURGICAL CENTER AND HAIR INSTITUTE. THEY WILL BUTCHER YOUR HEAD AND LEAVE YOU PERMANENTLY WORSE OFF.

Oh and I thought you were board certified in "ER surgery", now its emergency medicine? considering that ER surgery is not a specialty that exists, and no emergency medicine doctor would make that odd mistake of identifying themselves as an "ER surgery" doctor I again am calling you out as totally full of crap. But I bet that you think that makes you sound more credible. Anything to get people in the door eh Chris?

Salesman? I guess your right, I should't give advice on such a negative blog. So I won't say anything then about the overkill of products your using or the really "natural" looking hairline you've got there.

My experience and results at Colorado Surgical Center & Hair Institute were great, and that's all I wanted to share.

I'm grateful that my patients are appreciative of the care I give them, and have better things to do with their lives after being given a second lease on life, and focus more on the positive instead of the negative.

I think a lot of people who visited this clinic would focus on the positive, assuming there was something positive to focus on. From the sound of things, the only positive thing to come out of that chop shop is to read this thread and avoid going there entirely.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Your posting of a photo and procedure that had a poor outcome tells me one thing. You did not follow post op procedures in caring for the surgery. It is very hard to understand how your procedure went necrotic when you act as if you hold no responsibility. Did you fill the prescription and take the broad spectrum meds prescribed by the clinic? If so how did your infection get so bad? Did you keep clean, treat and dress the suture line 4x's a day and sleep upright for the first week? You would know soon if there is oozing or if it were overly tender (indicating infection) after a week, yet evidently you did nothing. How long after procedure did you first realize something was not right with healing? You should have contacted clinic IMMEDIATELY if you thought something was wrong. I suspect you knew you had a problem and were negligent acting promptly. Sorry this happened but the clinic cannot follow you home after the surgery or know if something is wrong if you don't communicate.

The last thing I want to say is here are my before and after photos of my procedure done nine (9) months ago and hair is still growing. I combed it back so you can see the incredibly awesome job the clinic did. As natural looking and as full as I ever could have imagined. YOU CANNOT TELL where my donor site is and the person who sutured it did and excellent job because I was going to take a photo and could not find it! And it's only been nine months!!!

Colorado Surgical and Hair is the best clinic in this region for this procedure. Period.

20141113_213703.jpg.69c09d91df1d76ac95509900e9508db3.jpg

5b32e84ecbcb1_20150916_1228251.jpg.15e923fb679fe3d5f137d231268a304d.jpg

Edited by DD214

• 3 months later...

Wow, some people love the place while others spew pure venom.

What the hell is somebody researching supposed to believe?

I do appreciate everyone's stories however, the more info the better.

I have to suspect that most people who are happy with the final product don't bother to go back and post about it because they have moved on with life. With the bad outcomes, well I would be equally angry I'm sure.

• Administrators
Wow, some people love the place while others spew pure venom.

What the hell is somebody researching supposed to believe?

I do appreciate everyone's stories however, the more info the better.

I have to suspect that most people who are happy with the final product don't bother to go back and post about it because they have moved on with life. With the bad outcomes, well I would be equally angry I'm sure.

This is your 3rd or 4th post about this clinic, if this is a legitimate account, why on earth would you even risk going to such a clinic with so many poor results? A simple google search pulls up plenty of negative reviews. Doesn't make any sense honestly if I were interested in going to a clinic and doing unbiased research I would not be defending the clinic on negative reviews.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I wish that I had the luxury of going to a high dollar place but I simply don't. Also, I have found many positive responses from customers, probably more than the negative.

Not sure how you see this as my defense of this place, I'm just another person trying to cope with hair loss and searching for answers. Many others have obviously been turned off by having their motives put into question as well which sucks because people like myself would like to hear the stories both good and bad.

I had lasik done at a place that was a fraction of the cost from most places with amazing results. More $ isn't always better work and some people like me can't afford to spend two or three times more just for piece of mind.

• Administrators
I wish that I had the luxury of going to a high dollar place but I simply don't. Also, I have found many positive responses from customers, probably more than the negative.

Not sure how you see this as my defense of this place, I'm just another person trying to cope with hair loss and searching for answers. Many others have obviously been turned off by having their motives put into question as well which sucks because people like myself would like to hear the stories both good and bad.

I had lasik done at a place that was a fraction of the cost from most places with amazing results. More $ isn't always better work and some people like me can't afford to spend two or three times more just for piece of mind.

Well the fact that you call other individuals who've had bad results people who "spew venom" leads me to believe that you're somehow defending the clinic instead of being impartial, if you're in fact legitimately looking for the best possible outcome for the lowest price, I would encourage you to look up Dr. Bhatti in India, grafts usually range from $1.85 USD, there is also Dr. Nader in Mexico. I've done a search on google and couldn't find one person with good things to say who provided pictures as proof, literally all of the individuals who provided photos had horrendous results, I'd rather be bald then be butchered. I don't think you'll convince anyone that this place is even remotely safe to go too.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Are they your competition?

Well the fact that you call other individuals who've had bad results people who "spew venom" leads me to believe that you're somehow defending the clinic instead of being impartial, if you're in fact legitimately looking for the best possible outcome for the lowest price, I would encourage you to look up Dr. Bhatti in India, grafts usually range from $1.85 USD, there is also Dr. Nader in Mexico. I've done a search on google and couldn't find one person with good things to say who provided pictures as proof, literally all of the individuals who provided photos had horrendous results, I'd rather be bald then be butchered. I don't think you'll convince anyone that this place is even remotely safe to go too.

• Administrators
Are they your competition?

Says the person with 9 posts most of which are about the clinic in question lol. I have a thread and a profile with both my restorations different doctors. It's obvious what's happening with the resurgence of these threads, individuals with a couple of posts defending the clinics, and new individuals "inquiring" about the clinic, it's nothing new and it's been done since the beginning of hairloss forums in an attempt to save the clinics reputation good luck were not stupid.

View my thread

Says the person with 9 posts most of which are about the clinic in question lol. I have a thread and a profile with both my restorations different doctors. It's obvious what's happening with the resurgence of these threads, individuals with a couple of posts defending the clinics, and new individuals "inquiring" about the clinic, it's nothing new and it's been done since the beginning of hairloss forums in an attempt to save the clinics reputation good luck were not stupid.

I agree 100 percent.

Some of the people raging against the clinic also have only a handful of posts. Should we assume they are liars too who are frustrated at loosing their clients to CHR?

I realize what you suggest is happening certainly does but we are all adults and should know to take Internet forum info with a grain of salt. I am not in any way affiliated with that clinic and being accused of lying by strangers for no good reason is getting old. For those who had good results, why would they want to share their experiences only to submit themselves to these accusations. I would likely just move on and not be on this forum if that were my situation.

There is a guy on the previous page with good results and pictures of the work, there are YouTube videos, etc, it isn't that hard to find.

I do appreciate the other suggestions, I am curious what Nadal charges per graft as well but I can actually drive to CO instead of having to fly which is nice. I am also in range of Salt Lake if anyone knows affordable options there.

• Administrators
Some of the people raging against the clinic also have only a handful of posts. Should we assume they are liars too who are frustrated at loosing their clients to CHR?

I realize what you suggest is happening certainly does but we are all adults and should know to take Internet forum info with a grain of salt. I am not in any way affiliated with that clinic and being accused of lying by strangers for no good reason is getting old. For those who had good results, why would they want to share their experiences only to submit themselves to these accusations. I would likely just move on and not be on this forum if that were my situation.

There is a guy on the previous page with good results and pictures of the work, there are YouTube videos, etc, it isn't that hard to find.

I do appreciate the other suggestions, I am curious what Nadal charges per graft as well but I can actually drive to CO instead of having to fly which is nice. I am also in range of Salt Lake if anyone knows affordable options there.

If you truly are a person looking for a good price, I would advice you to either A) save up money until you can afford a good surgeon, or B) fly to a foreign country and have the surgery by a qualified surgeon, pardon me if I'm skeptical but I will remain skeptical, one good result doesn't mean much, when researching a clinic you want to make sure A) you're being operated on by a surgeon and not a technician 100% of the time, B) the clinic has good customer service in case something does happen, and C) you want to make sure the clinic has *consistent results.

This clinic doesn't have any of the categories an educated patient should look for, and the argument that these poor individuals who have shared their terrible results are somehow "competitors" is ridiculous, this clinic is not well known and those who've heard about this clinic hear nothing but horror stories so really what clientele is there to "steal" ?

View my thread

There's simply no reason to be inquiring any further about a questionable clinic when so many legitimate doctors who deliver top notch results exist. That simple.

We're offering you filet mignon and you're in defense of rump roast. You can appreciate the skepticism.

• 2 months later...