HT at Colorado Surgical/Hair Institute

HairlessHero

Hello, I am thinking about having an HT at Colorado Surgical/Hair

Institute in Denver. Did anyone have any good or bad experience? They are doing HT for $2 per graft, and they also do Trycho close at the donor area. How are the doctros there (Chris Mctyre, Gerals Searle, or James Boland??). Any comments/experiences would be appreciated. Thanks.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems not many on this forum had any experience with this hair clinic. Last month I spoke to Dr. Chris McTyre there and he said he was going to perform the HT surgery. So, I was looking for some feedback about this clinic, their procedure, and the doctors there. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

:)

Hero,

Wish I could help, but I'm not familiar with this clinic or their work.

If you are interested in researching or consulting with additional hair restoration physicians in Colorado, you may want to review Dr. James Harris.

Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

There is one guy who posted here, went to them. He threw a couple of post up, reported some good experience. I also tried google the company and some of the docs. Difficult to gather any information.

I have an appoint with Dr. Harris, see if you he can undo some of the damage from my 2nd HT. Maybe I will check out these guys as well.

There is one guy who posted here, went to them. He threw a couple of post up, reported some good experience. I also tried google the company and some of the docs. Difficult to gather any information.

I have an appoint with Dr. Harris, see if you he can undo some of the damage from my 2nd HT. Maybe I will check out these guys as well.

Here's the guy:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/168480-im-booked.html

He did say he would put updates on youtube. I'm going to have a look now....

Search for user 'HairTransplantMatt'

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

I really don't have a lot of experience with them yet but I have corresponded with a few surgeons and their offices over the last couple of months by email and CHI have handled themselves equally as well as any other surgery I have dealt with so far.

I'll do my best to take photos and once I'm able to, I'll post a review. I'm nervous because I'm being "cut" but I'm also very excited at the same time.

Hi Evil,

Glad to see you on the network. We look forward to having you in next week, and reading your comments afterwards. We provide the best hair transplant and service in the business, as you'll soon see! Enjoy your weekend and I'll see you next week. You have nothing to be nervous about, just get excited!

Thanks,

Chris

Colorado Hair Institute

Hi Evil,

Looking forward to having you in next week. Don't be nervous, get excited! We do the best hair transplant and service in the business as you'll soon see. Enjoy your weekend, and it's our pleasure to have you in our clinic. See you in a couple of days.

Thanks again,

Chris

Colorado Hair Institute

Edited by Future_HT_Doc

HairExpert/Chris,

Because you are a representative of this particular clinic, please edit your forum signature to include this information. Additionally, please make sure not to leave any clinic contact information on the forums (I had to delete this from your previous post).

Thank you for understanding! Feel free to message me with any questions or concerns.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Just a personal preference, I would take some time and really do some research on this forum...that is what it is here for. There really isn't anything about the Colorado Surgical & Hair Institute at this time.

As with any medical practice, I am sure that they would encourage research and second opinions. Colorado Surgical & Hair Institute may do great work, but I would wait until they are thoroughly reviewed here with documentation and history of results before going into a HT procedure with them.

Maybe get a second opinion by one of the recommended docs (on this forum) in your georaphic area if you don't want to travel or do a phone consult. Take your pick of docs, send in your pictures and do a phone consult--they are free. Research the forum for docs that pique your interest.

Here is the link to find a doc and then search this forum: Hair Transplant in Canada and USA

A HT is a huge undertaking and you want to find yourself in a better position hair-wise than you were before. Research first...you'll take away a lot of heartache in the future that way!

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

Ok guys I'm back at my hotel room after having 3000 grafts into my crown and maybe 20% into the top half of my scalp I'm really not up to posting any details right now because Its only been an hour or so since they finished up the HT but I can tell you that they treated myself and my wife like they would treat their own family.

I'll post a more detailed account in a couple of days and try to add as many pictures as I can but for now I need to sleep and I have a flight back to NJ in the morning, there's supposed to be a snow storm that I think is supposed to hit a couple hours after we take off, anyway I'll post more in a couple of days :)

OK so here is what recently I spoke to Kira about from Dr Arocha's surgery (we have been talking within the 'messages section of my profile) and this is pretty much what I had told her even though it wasn't her surgery that did my hair transplant, she was just inquiring about how things were coming along and wondered if I had my surgery yet.

So as planned I had my HT at The Colorado Hair Institute in Denver. The staff members made my wife and I feel like good friends and were also very professional and they also had a good sense of humour throughout the whole process.

'Steve' one of the techs picked me up from the airport which is about half an hour from the surgery and took me in for my consult with 'Chris' the facility director, he spent quite a bit of time with me going over what he thought would be a good approach to planning this particular HT and any subsequent HTs I would need in the future. He also made sure to listen to what I wanted and after going over several details with me we decided to do what I wanted most of all which was for my crown to be the area worked on this time and for my hairline and midscalp section the next time.

After the consultation Chris took my wife and I to our hotel and made sure to stop somewhere for us to pick up some supplies for food and drink. He returned promptly at 8 the next morning to take me back to the surgery to begin the procedure.

The whole transplantation process took about 9 hours, Dr Searle removed the strip and then stiched me up and the techs went straight to work on sectioning off the grafts. After lunch which they offered to purchase (but I had already brought something for myself) Kathryn began making the incisions and once they were made she started placing the grafts along with Steve, they were very particular in keeping me informed as to what was happening and also I could hear them talking about things like graft direction etc.

Chris told me that I had approximately 15.000 available grafts and that my scalp laxity was very good, also Chris and Steve used a tool that could evalute how many grafts I had per square centimeter, which was 88 grafts per sq centimeter, and apparently that is pretty good (:

Chris told me he would send me an email with a breakdown of my 1s 2s 3s etc of grafts and also the pictures he took prior to my surgery. I was picked up from the hotel the following morning and had a cleanup of the transplanted area and they also provided me with a 'kit' for continued cleanup after I got back to NJ and also a rundown of do's and dont's for the following couple of weeks.

I haven't been in any pain and I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am to have had this HT especially that it was in my crown which is the part of my scalp that I really felt 'aged' me the most, the total number of grafts were a little over 3000 grafts and I intend to re-schedule another 2000/3000 in April of 2014 to address my hairline and midscalp sections. Let me know if you have any questions and if I can I'll answer them, in the meantime wish me luck! and I'll keep everyone up to date with pictures as soon as I get them from Chris and also any subsequent photos that I will periodically take myself, Happy Growing Ya'll (:

Here goes with some additional responses and some personal thoughts about my experience with CHI.

Someone with the name of PupDaddy sent me a message that that I got as an email and within the email it said that his response was within this thread but it isn't as far as I can tell, (maybe he deleted his email?, I just don't know) I also can't find it within the 'messages' section of my profile, but within his email to my gmail acct he had several questions and I'd like to respond to them all as well as those of some others.

1&2) I chose CHI after talking to several coalition doctors and a few non-coalition doctors mostly because of how Chris the facility director responded to my emails, I felt a 'connection' with him as a person.

3) Yes it is true that I did not meet or consult with the surgeon that was to ultimately perform my strip and suture procedure, I only consulted with 'Chris' this was also the case with other facilities I conversed with, not all the facilities/surgeons were in contact with me, sometimes it was a 'contact' person from the coalition and/or non-coaliton surgery.

4) I'm sure I would have been "permitted" to see N6 'work' done by Dr Searle and or any of the other coalition and/or non coalition doctors had I chosen to speak with but I didn't ask and frankly no one offered at any of the several surgeries that I was in contact with (probably around 8 different drs/surgeries I was conversing with)

5) 'Kathryn' made all the incisions. She also made the whorl and then along with 'Steve' placed around 95% of the grafts, two other techs that have been working at the surgery for 10+ years placed a few grafts and finally Kathryn finished up the last of the remaing grafts. (I don't know if Kathryn is a 'certified' physician but I certainly IMO felt totally at ease with her professionalism)

6 ) Dr Searle's involvement was limited to excising the strip and suturing, he also talked with me several times about my expectations as to when I would see growth and also asked about my experience with my previous transplant from 8 years ago with 'MHR'. I was comfortable with his 'bedside manner' and have no complaints.

7 ) Yes 3000 grafts is apparently as you say "quite aggresive" and 'no' I wasn't advised that relative to HTs that the 'crown' can be a black hole, having said that I have been researching HTs for around a year or so and knew that this could be the case, but chose to go forward with that number of grafts based on the size of my crown and the number of available donor that I have. If I was advised that I had 'low' donor numbers I would have thought that this would have been discussed but because of my 'donor density and available donor grafts, it didn't seem to make sense to pursue that line of questioning.

Finally 'PupDaddy, thanx for all the thought provoking questions, they are much appreciated and I hope I answered them as candidly as I possibly could. Following are the 'graft numbers' that Facility director 'Chris' sent me yesterday.

1s) 254 2s) 1043 3s) 1611 4s) 128

I will post some pictures in a follow up post soon, hope this helps with at least some questions relative to 'my' experience with CHI and their staff members and procedures, I for one couldn't be happier :)

The first picture is my 'before' picture, the second picture is after several incisions had been made, the third picture is after several grafts had been placed.

After around 10/12 days when the the stiches will be removed by my wife, (I recieved instructions for this by the surgery) I will post those pictures of the stiches and of the scar after the stiches are removed.

I apologize for the pictures being posted 'sideways' but when I uploaded them they 'were' the right way up so I don't know why that happened and hope it isn't too much of an inconvenience viewing them.

Edited by evil

I am glad you are happy so far with CHI. Wishing you all the best with your recovery and hair growth. I will look forward to seeing your updates. Thanks for sharing your exp and photos with us.

You're welcome! and thanx for the good wishes + here's a couple of day 8 photos. :)

Edited by evil