FUE and crown area

Bustamove

Hi all,

I have been reading these forums for a while now, and finally signed up. Quick lowdown: Been losing hair since I was 19 (started with receding temples) took fin for 5 years then stopped due to sides.I am now 28, and have recently started fin again and so far so good. I am also using Minoxidil foam 2x daily.

I have had a quote from Dr Feriduni for 2500 fue to frontal area (zones 1,2,3) which sounds reasonable. I also am due to have a face to face consultation with Dr Feriduni in a couple of weeks.

I am just wondering about my crown area? Do you think it would be a mistake to have any grafts on the crown at this stage? I have attached some pics. Opinions appreciated!

5b32d6c475b3f_010(3).jpg.0056cef8d229ddd033ca8ea5e224b691.jpg

020.jpg.863e019f15d15c5077b5a8ce02326323.jpg

5b32d6c550b9c_003(3).jpg.87be911336fb92a24394216d8089f553.jpg

I would not touch the crown due to your age. Plus, its not bad at all and lastly, you need to give the finasteride time to see what it does for your crown.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Bustamove,

Have you got any more pics top down in better lighting?

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

I would not do anything to the crown. Get the front done and save your donor for the future if you need it. Crown still has good coverage and you just got back on Fin.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

Thanks for replies guys.

Chrisdav, I have attached another picture of crown. The thing that worries me is that the miniaturization goes a little far down the back of my head. I usually keep my hair short with a fade/buzz cut on sides and back at grade 1 or 0.5 and longer on top, grown out more at the front to hide temples. So hopefully donor area will be ok for fue.

013.jpg.dc451a9682af6b80b10483829b1d0fd1.jpg

Hi all,

I have been reading these forums for a while now, and finally signed up. Quick lowdown: Been losing hair since I was 19 (started with receding temples) took fin for 5 years then stopped due to sides.I am now 28, and have recently started fin again and so far so good. I am also using Minoxidil foam 2x daily.

I have had a quote from Dr Feriduni for 2500 fue to frontal area (zones 1,2,3) which sounds reasonable. I also am due to have a face to face consultation with Dr Feriduni in a couple of weeks.

I am just wondering about my crown area? Do you think it would be a mistake to have any grafts on the crown at this stage? I have attached some pics. Opinions appreciated!

Dude, Please do not take finasteride. It's a poison that will mess up with your hormones. I have been on fin for 6 years and stopped cold turkey. It did so much damage that it took me more than a year to get my hormones level to normal.

The claim of only 2% of users getting sides by Merck is absurd and load of crap. You never know the extent of damage this medicine can cause when someone is on this pill for several years.

What's more funny that this pill doesn't even work for most of the people in even stopping hair loss let alone hair growth.

This is why I stopped last time, because of the sides. I have not had any sides so far since restarting fin. If I were to quit fin again would it hinder my chances of having fue?

Sometimes just reading the anti finasteride hype puts me off taking it.