Hi everyone I am new to the website I like the advice that I have seen on here. My question is does anyone know of any hair restoration surgeons in the Boston area that specialize in African American hair. I am scared that I will waste money going to a surgeon who does not know much about it and getting terrible results.

Please and thank you in advance

If I were you I wouldn't limit your search to your area. I made that mistake with my first two surgerys and it didnt' turn out good. You should look into all options. I recently went to Canada for my last one.

NoNamesNeeded,

I agree with mixedguy don't limit yr search just to Boston. I'm an African American male & questioned the same thing about my hair. I just had my transplant today with Dr. Benardino Arocha (Houston,TX) & he is great. He will go through all yr options being an African American male & what to expect. His staff (Graig, Maria, & Myra) are very nice & experienced at what they do. So I would consultant with him first to see what he can do for you.

Thanks for the advice but I was wondering how did your surgery turn out im only 20 at the moment so money is limited and i do not want to experience the "transplant nightmares" i hear about any way i could get in contact with him?

Thanks for the advice but I was wondering how did your surgery turn out im only 20 at the moment so money is limited and i do not want to experience the "transplant nightmares" i hear about any way i could get in contact with him?

My surgery was painless & with smoothly. I would suggest you look into getting on propecia & rogaine first before looking into a hair transplant.