Considering doing FUE, need advice.

plyo77

Having had 2 failed scalp transplants myself before my most recent strip surgery in the USA, I know how important it is to meet patients in person to see transplant results in the flesh as videos and pictures can be misleading. I can tell you now that the results shown will not look as appealing taken in broad daylight and definitely not the quality of videos seen by H&W.

When I heard a known figure in the industry with 20 years+ of experience raising his concerns having seen them in the flesh- I don't take that lightly.

With body hair being commonly known to be more unpredictable for yield in smaller sessions even in the best hands, for every great larger repair session seen in those videos, I am confident that there will be a very high level of unsuccessful outcomes equally . Therefore I would only advocate a procedure to a consumer that had a very high strike rate.

With the added factor of the range of cost between 40,000 dollars to 160,000 dollars in the given cases, I feel that the results are not value for money, but secondly not right to sell a procedure of such unless made fully aware of the potential risks.

That is just my opinion, but still a talented surgeon.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Having had 2 failed scalp transplants myself before my most recent strip surgery in the USA, I know how important it is to meet patients in person to see transplant results in the flesh as videos and pictures can be misleading. I can tell you now that the results shown will not look as appealing taken in broad daylight and definitely not the quality of videos seen by H&W.

When I heard a known figure in the industry with 20 years+ of experience raising his concerns having seen them in the flesh- I don't take that lightly.

With body hair being commonly known to be more unpredictable for yield in smaller sessions even in the best hands, for every great larger repair session seen in those videos, I am confident that there will be a very high level of unsuccessful outcomes equally . Therefore I would only advocate a procedure to a consumer that had a very high strike rate.

With the added factor of the range of cost between 40,000 dollars to 160,000 dollars in the given cases, I feel that the results are not value for money, but secondly not right to sell a procedure of such unless made fully aware of the potential risks.

That is just my opinion, but still a talented surgeon.

Why do you not preach to reps and FUT Doctors to fully inform patients that their scars may stretch? That they may have permanent numbness or tingling in the donor area? Is it right that they sell a procedure like FUT without fully informing the patient? Those factors may be just as unpredictable as body hair yield. Serious question, not an attack. Fact is very few doctors go through all the potential risks involved via FUT, FUE etc. The only one I am truly aware of who does is Dr. Lindsey. He shows his patients during the consultation how scars may end up, good, average and bad.

So given that 95% of surgeons DO NOT show their potential patients that scars may stretch, yield may suffer etc etc how is it any different if Dr. Umar or Bisanga or any body hair surgeon doesn't make the patient fully aware or the lower yield? In all my consultations, at no time did the Doctor ever bring up the fact that the scar may stretch. In fact, one prominent FUT doctor actually downplayed the issue stating he can get by with a grade 2 or 3 buzz cut undetected...

Edited by Mickey85