Considering doing FUE, need advice.

plyo77

Hi, I'm 25 turning 26 soon and really considering doing my first FUE transplant to restore a receding hairline.

I live in central California and was wondering who are some of the best FUE surgeons in California? Money is not really an issue and I'm willing to travel outside of California if I need to. I just want to do it right the first time.

Some doctors I've considered are Dr. Umar and Dr. Rahal. Any advice/suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

I live in Northern CA and travelled to Minnesota to have Dr. Ron Shapiro do a 1500 FUE for me. I couldn't be happier. You definitely don't want to let travel be an issue for your HT. Sounds like you already have a couple of good surgeons on your list. Find who you are most comfortable with and go for it.

If you're in Central California and considering FUE, I would definitely research Dr. Diep. Additionally, feel free to review and ask any additional questions about our other recommended hair transplant surgeons in California.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

in Europe and Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Feller (if money is not an issue) in the States.

I'm partial to the Euro guys who use manual punches.

If you're in Central California and considering FUE, I would definitely research Dr. Diep. Additionally, feel free to review and ask any additional questions about our other recommended hair transplant surgeons in California.

I really like Dr. Diep so far from what I've seen. I'm an hour and a half away from his office. I know I said I'm willing to travel outside of California but his work looks pretty good from what I've seen on his YouTube channel.

I think I might just give Dr. Diep a call.

plyo77, You can get a new hairline and be happy for a few years but the reality is you are going to lose more hair and will need more work. Be sure you are ready to make that commitment.

Yeah I've thought about that and I know I will have to get some work done again in the future so I'll keep that in mind.

I recently have a HT with Dr Umar and very satisfy with the result.

Thanks for posting. I'm debating between Dr. Diep and Dr. Umar. Dr. Diep is close to me and his work looks really good.

I personally would not consider any FUE practitioner in California (my opinion.). If you don't want to fly across the country or out of the US, then do yourself a favor and at least do a consult with SMG. I really like their FUE photos, albeit they're a bit conservative.

I would try go to Europe if I were undergoing FUE. My view is that the Doctors in Europe actually treat FUE as a serious method, not just one for minor hairline recession. Most of the European Doctors like Dr. Feriduni and Mwamba practice FUE 50% of the time or more compared to the North American Doctors(except Umar and a few others) where it can be as low as 10-20% of the time. Who would have more experience? They are also more comfortable working on higher Norwood patterns like a NW 3 or 4, even NW5 with good donor.

I've been really really impressed with Dr Bisangas work on a whole. Dr Lorenzo has not been producing results for long enough in my opinion to go to him. I would want to see impressive results back-dated for 5+ years. Or some patient testimonials translated from Spanish to English. Haven't seen anything from him a earlier than mid-2010. I think meeting a patient or two in person in Spain would bolster my confidence there. Dr Feriduni, frankly I have seen a wide variety of results, so kind of tough to really know.

Edited by SugarHighs

You can get a new hairline and be happy for a few years but the reality is you are going to lose more hair and will need more work. Be sure you are ready to make that commitment.

This keeps me up at night wondering about HT's in general. Whats the solution?

I've been really really impressed with Dr Bisangas work on a whole. Dr Lorenzo has not been producing results for long enough in my opinion to go to him. I would want to see impressive results back-dated for 5+ years. Or some patient testimonials translated from Spanish to English. Haven't seen anything from him a earlier than mid-2010. I think meeting a patient or two in person in Spain would bolster my confidence there. Dr Feriduni, frankly I have seen a wide variety of results, so kind of tough to really know.

bisanga's work really is amazing, both fue and fut. his technique seems to be excellent,even from his suturing to his fue extraction patterns. i would like to see more of his results though.

lorenzo's video results date back to 2007 i think but they are clinic posted so naturally would only be the best results. i have seen patient results on the spanish forums and they do maintain the high standard shown in his videos.

feriduni has alot of patient posted results on the foreign forums, alot of is fue and the generalconsensus is that his work is excellent but not 100 percent success rate.

Hi, I'm 25 turning 26 soon and really considering doing my first FUE transplant to restore a receding hairline.

I live in central California and was wondering who are some of the best FUE surgeons in California? Money is not really an issue and I'm willing to travel outside of California if I need to. I just want to do it right the first time.

Some doctors I've considered are Dr. Umar and Dr. Rahal. Any advice/suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hello plyo77;

I can also recommend the center and surgeon to whom I am a patient advocate as recommended here on HTN: Parsa Mohebi, M.D Hair Transplant Surgeon in Encino - Los Angeles, California

All the Best with whomever you choose, Michael

Michael James is a Patient Advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi, who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network; and not a physician. Visit Us On: Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | LinkedIn

Comments give here are only for intellectual consideration and in no manner to be construed or accepted as medical advice. It is important to seek the advice of a physician in all medical circumstances including hair restoration, dietary or others directly or indirectly related to the subjects in this forum

I suggest meeting several docs in person for thorough evaluation before making a final decision. Also, as has been said, you should really give consideration to European doctors for fue. Bisanga does consultations on the east coast from time to time in the DC area. Have fun with your research and keep us posted as to what you decide.

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

I suggest meeting several docs in person for thorough evaluation before making a final decision. Also, as has been said, you should really give consideration to European doctors for fue. Bisanga does consultations on the east coast from time to time in the DC area. Have fun with your research and keep us posted as to what you decide.

Truer words never said. Europe and Turkey are the central hub for quality FUE work. I haven't been impressed by the North American FUE in quite some time.

I suggest meeting several docs in person for thorough evaluation before making a final decision.

+1

I just had 2 consultations in Los Angeles last week. Its very important to get a feel of who the doctor is before going in. I liked one of these guys, he seemed very interesting and gave me lots of info, and the other was not even half as good (at consultation) and I got almost no info at all. Of course this says nothing about the final result but getting a feel for the Doc is important. You have to be comfortable with him.

Good luck.

+1

I just had 2 consultations in Los Angeles last week. Its very important to get a feel of who the doctor is before going in. I liked one of these guys, he seemed very interesting and gave me lots of info, and the other was not even half as good (at consultation) and I got almost no info at all. Of course this says nothing about the final result but getting a feel for the Doc is important. You have to be comfortable with him.

Good luck.

You really going to take the plunge ey.

Dr. Umar hands down. His documented videod results speak for themselves. I consider Dr. Umar to be best in FUE/BHT. :)

600 FUE - 12/07 - Performed by Dr. Umar of Redondo Beach, CA

*****300 leg hair FUE implanted 7/12 to the eyebrows - 150 each eyebrow. Performed by Dr. Umar.

I think Umar is a talented surgeon, but I am not convinced on two key issues:

1) I do not think body hair for what it is and the results achieved are value for money. Personally for 8$ a graft and the results I have seen, I would rather shave my head bald but each to the own.

2) I have doubts over the consistency of larger sized body hair sessions. If they are not extremely consistent like a strip session using scalp hair, then the patient must be fully informed before any surgery.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

I think Umar is a talented surgeon, but I am not convinced on two key issues:

1) I do not think body hair for what it is and the results achieved are value for money. Personally for 8$ a graft and the results I have seen, I would rather shave my head bald but each to the own.

2) I have doubts over the consistency of larger sized body hair sessions. If they are not extremely consistent like a strip session using scalp hair, then the patient must be fully informed before any surgery.

These extreme repairs were done using a combo of head hair and body hair. Under the circumstances, which case do you think is not impressive? Of course, we all have expectations that are subjective, but I would say that it is reasonable to assume nonhead hair has made these patients very happy. :)

Have a good one! Atticus

http://www.dermhairclinic.com/body-hair-transplant-restores-nw/

http://www.dermhairclinic.com/body-hair-transplant-megasession-of-14000-grafts-11-month-update/

http://www.dermhairclinic.com/9000-grafts-beard-and-body-hair-transplant-repair-with-ugraft/

http://www.dermhairclinic.com/crown-and-hairline-restoration-with-10000-grafts-using-fue-hair-transplant/

http://www.dermhairclinic.com/body-hair-transplant-of-5500-grafts-repairs-and-restores/

http://www.dermhairclinic.com/fue-hair-transplantation-6100-grafts-vastly-improves-previous-transplant/

http://www.dermhairclinic.com/strip-scar-repair-using-fue-bht-using-beard-hair-buzz-cut-results/

http://www.dermhairclinic.com/severe-baldness-hair-transplant-disaster-fixed-using-beard-and-body-hair-transplantation-bht/

http://www.dermhairclinic.com/bad-hair-restoration-result-repair-using-bht-fue-body-hair-transplantation/

http://www.dermhairclinic.com/my-severe-baldness-cured/

http://www.dermhairclinic.com/update-fue-hair-transplant-beard-hair-add-density/

600 FUE - 12/07 - Performed by Dr. Umar of Redondo Beach, CA

*****300 leg hair FUE implanted 7/12 to the eyebrows - 150 each eyebrow. Performed by Dr. Umar.