MJ0101

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Prior to the procedure, I had a chance to sit down and discuss my hairline. As many of you, I wanted to not only cover all of the bolding and the receding hairline, but also lower it a bit. Thus, as the doctor drew what he felt was a natural hairline given my ethnicity and physical features, I quickly grabbed the marker and drew one of my own. He smiled and despite my extensive and arguably logical explanations for my drawing, proceeded to explain not only the technical aspects of a hair line, but also the importance of having a “natural look” that you could always “touch up” as opposed to an artificial appearance that is not only very hard to correct, but will solicit unwanted inquiries.

I recently had a consultation with Dr Bhatti and I am considering him for a 4500 FUE grafts. However, I am not very happy with the hairline he drew for me. My natural hair line is good 2 cm below than the hairline he drew for me.

Is it recommended to have your transplanted hairline go above the natural hair line. Shouldn't we just keep it as low as the natural hairline is ?

I recently had a consultation with Dr Bhatti and I am considering him for a 4500 FUE grafts. However, I am not very happy with the hairline he drew for me. My natural hair line is good 2 cm below than the hairline he drew for me.

Is it recommended to have your transplanted hairline go above the natural hair line. Shouldn't we just keep it as low as the natural hairline is ?

Are you referring to your original hairline? I too had same questions about my hairline, but one thing Dr Bhatti assured me is that the worst mistake you can make is for it to look fake. Dr Bhatti takes into consideration your age and ethnicity while going through the consultation. This is important. I remember taking the marking tool and drawing what I thought was the "right" hairline. After a thorough discussion I agreed to trust him on the decision. Let me just say that it was the right thing to do as NO ONE can tell I had a transplant. Additionally, the way I look at it is that I can always get more or an adjustment should you really dislike it (which I am sure you won't) but it's impossible to go the other way once you put too much of it up front. ;)

Wow, that's some transformation! Quality work.

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

Awesome results bro!

Did you get crown work done as well? Any pics?

Hi,

Newbie here. I've been researching and lurking for sometime now and I've come to the conclusion to have Dr. Bhatti do my HT.

I'm a Norwood 3 and he said I'll need between 2500-2800 grafts. I'm trying to organize and calculate my travels and expenses. When I ran your numbers, I was a little perplexed on how you came to $6K USD.

I too am from the states and would probably leave from JFK. I'm assuming that all the expenses will be similar, except for the cost of the HT. I think the difference may be the plane ticket; because of the time of year you went.

I was wondering if you can kindly share a complete break down of your expenses. Here is what I came up with. Please let me know if I'm missing anything or should consider.

Premium Package @ $1.25; 2800 grafts = $3500

Airline Ticket - Early August = $1600 +/-

Plane from Delhi to CH and back = $250

Hotel 2 nights = $120

Visa = $100

Food = $50

Cab from hotel to office and back = $50

Unforseen = $100

HT = $3500

Expenses = 2270

Total = $5770

In calculating yours, your HT would have costed $4,687.5, alone.

That leaves $1,312.50 for everything else.

Actually, you did provide a breakdown in your post. I'm just trying to figure out where the break is.

And, either way, I'll be saving approximately $22,400!!!! @ $10 a graft at a well know surgeon in NY.

My flight was cheaper by about $400 and I paid a little less per graft. I also took a car from and to Dehli, which cut the cost down by a $100. I don't want to sound dismissive, but at the end of the day as you said it yourself, you are saving 10-20K so trying to pinpoint where each dollar is going to be spent may be of limited value at this time.

I absolutely agree! Thanks though for your post. It's what made me finalize my decision.

Your HT looks great btw!

My flight was cheaper by about $400 and I paid a little less per graft. I also took a car from and to Dehli, which cut the cost down by a $100. I don't want to sound dismissive, but at the end of the day as you said it yourself, you are saving 10-20K so trying to pinpoint where each dollar is going to be spent may be of limited value at this time.