Propecia/Proscar

I just had my second hair transplant with Dr. Feller a few weeks ago, so all or most of the hair on top of my head is transplanted. I stopped using Propecia approx 6 monthe ago due to less sex drive and also very costly, was paying around $70 per month. I see many people continue the use of Propecia even after several hair transplants, I'm wondering why? Do I have to worry about losing transplanted hair if I'm not taking Propecia? I don't understand why people that have payed thousands in hair transplants continue to take Propecia? I'm currently taking 5000mg of Biotin and MSM. I do not want to begin Propecia again due to above mentioned items, but I also do not want to lose any hair, especially transplanted hair.

Even in cases were a NW6 has has 9000 grafts done for example, it makes perfect sense to stay un finasteride. Even though a NW6 has lost a ton of hair, they want to preven going to a NW 7 which could be disaterous since all or most of their grafts could be exhausted from their previous surgeries. Plus, finasteride strengthens your hair overall. It has nothing to do with keeping transplanted hair.

If proscar is too pricey, go with poscar and split then in quarters. I do that and pay 15 per month. It would be even cheaper to go with generic but I prefer to stick with proscar name brand.

By the way, how many grafts did Dr. Feller put into your crown and what type of coverage did he say you should expect?

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

You take finasteride to maintain your native hair and transplants to address the balding areas.

Transplants are excellent and life changing but you cannot beat native hair.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Jetsfan - Dr.Rahal supplies me with Proscar. I would thunk Dr. Feller can do the same for you. How many grafts per sq cm were put in your crown?

Asiandude-Not necessarily but it is always recommended for HT patients to take finasteride to maintain native hair and it also strentheh your hair overall. Some even get he bonus native hair regrowth.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452