Anyone used / heard of Dr C Diaz? (UK)

Froobage

Never heard of him but I found this and reference to Ziering:

"Dr Camilo Diaz is a Consultant Dermatologist based in Birmingham.

Dr Diaz deals with all aspects of General Dermatology but special interests include Skin Cancer and in particular Dermatologic Surgery, where he routinely undertakes complex reconstructions after removing skin cancers, with great cosmetic results.

Cosmetic Dermatology and non invasive procedures such as Botox and Fillers are also an area of his expertise , where he has accumulated many years of experience, with more than 2500 combined procedures undertaken

After training with two of the best Hair Restoration Surgeons in the world (in Beverly Hills and Minneapolis), Dr Diaz is performing the same procedures in the U.K. with excellent results."

You could contact him and ask for examples of his work.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Froobage,

Be very careful in the Uk.

"After training with two of the best Hair Restoration Surgeons in the world (in Beverly Hills and Minneapolis)"

The only surgeon in Minneapolis that is excellent is SMG. Janna could probably tell you if SMG have trained him.

I think it is most likely BS. Here is an example of a Uk clinic that has still not taken down the photos that it has stolen from some of the world leading surgeons that this site recommend, and using them as their own. The large majority of clinics are like this in the UK unfortunately.

Edited by Future_HT_Doc

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

• 3 months later...

Hello there , I do not visit these web forums frequently , but it is rather unfortunate that you never contacted me. I gather that you never emailed Janna to verify that I did in fact trained with Ron Shapiro, something that no other Dermatologist in the UK has done before , likewise it is equally unfortunate that some other member decided to give his own version of the events without checking if the info provided was accurate .

Never the less I have performed hundreds of treatments with great success , and my patients come mainly recommended from other patients previously operated by myself.

It is true that some clinics have taken the liberty to copy photos from other surgeons , and in that case you need to be very careful ( in fact they have used my name in places or clinics I have never heard )

I would never show anything different to my own work , something that is very easy to corroborate .

So in future , please make sure the info is correct , and don't post words " probably this is BS" without any proof .

My work and recommendations speak for themselves , and once I have updated my new website , all will be there to see.

Honesty and ethics have always been my best presentation .

Dr C Diaz would you be willing to post some of your results on here?

James,

Unless he's been pre-approved for recommendation screening, this is not allowed.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Dr. Diaz,

Please identify yourself as a physician in your forum signature and remove the link to your personal email and clinic in your social profile. While you're welcome to have a general profile, sharing any outside links or contact information is a violation of our Terms of Service (which you agreed to while signing up for an account).

Thank you for understanding. Please let me know when this is complete. Additionally, feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Dr. Diaz,

Thank you for joining our discussion forum to respond to this topic. We always appreciate when physicians provide their input on topics that discuss them as it helps to keep this forum balanced and fair.

I am not familiar with your work or results. However, having trained under Dr. Ron Shapiro, I'd be interested in learning more about you, your experience and your hair transplant philosophy. If you are interested in learning more about how our community prescreens and only recommends the best surgeons and in being considered for recommendation, please contact me privately at help@hairtransplantnetwork.com.

Best wishes,

Bill

I can verify that Dr. Diaz visited Shapiro Medical couple of years ago to observe Dr. Ron Shapiro for a week. Dr. Shapiro would have given lectures on his technique, which he hopes the physicians will incorporate into their practice. Many doctors have come to SMG to observe for a day or two and in few instances for a week. We take the term "training" seriously. Technically, the only physician who actually "trained" by Dr. Ron is Dr. Paul Shapiro. I believe he observed and trained for over a year.

• 5 months later...

Hello Jana, Hope you are well.

C Ziering send me for training to Minneapolis and so it was my understanding, likewise in my first year at Ziering Medical, the contract clearly stipulated the words "formal training and trainee" (for the first year), despite being a Dermatologist for very many years. My Bio, when was working at Ziering Medical mentioned the places I went, nothing new or misleading .

I did spend time under Ziering Medical UK, and C Ziering send me to SMG with Ron Shapiro (with other colleagues, who were under the same impression as myself), that they were undergoing formal training, and to learn about his latest techniques so I flew from L.A. to Minneapolis.

Unfortunately other people are using my name to gather patients for themselves using my name and reputation.

Likewise, I did exchange several emails with Bill (Managing Publisher) and he could appreciate first hand my excellent results, so I am more than happy to show my results to whomever may request them. It was MY decision not to Join the Hair Restoration social network .

Dr C Diaz , Consultant Dermatologist .

James 84: Thanks for your comment. Again you don't know me or my work, and have not bothered to contact me, but with more than 20 yrs experience in Dermatologic Surgery and very many happy hair transplant patients, my results speak for themselves.

I always show my very own results to any potential patients, plain and simple, that is my best presentation card.

Edited by CDiaz67

Hello Jana, Hope you are well.

C Ziering send me for training to Minneapolis and so it was my understanding, likewise in my first year at Ziering Medical, the contract clearly stipulated the words "formal training and trainee" (for the first year), despite being a Dermatologist for very many years. My Bio, when was working at Ziering Medical mentioned the places I went, nothing new or misleading .

I did spend time under Ziering Medical UK, and C Ziering send me to SMG with Ron Shapiro (with other colleagues, who were under the same impression as myself), that they were undergoing formal training, and to learn about his latest techniques so I flew from L.A. to Minneapolis.

Unfortunately other people are using my name to gather patients for themselves using my name and reputation.

Likewise, I did exchange several emails with Bill (Managing Publisher) and he could appreciate first hand my excellent results, so I am more than happy to show my results to whomever may request them. It was MY decision not to Join the Hair Restoration social network .

Dr C Diaz , Consultant Dermatologist .

James 84: Thanks for your comment. Again you don't know me or my work, and have not bothered to contact me, but with more than 20 yrs experience in Dermatologic Surgery and very many happy hair transplant patients, my results speak for themselves.

I always show my very own results to any potential patients, plain and simple, that is my best presentation card.

Dr. Diaz,

Thanks for your reply on this topic. However, your comment "it was MY decision not to Join the Hair Restoration social network" is a bit decieving.

My last email sent to you in May of 2013 invited you to undergo our prescreening process to be considered for recommendation. While you may have declined (by not responding to my last email) to undergo our rigorous prescreening process, at no point did we extend the offer to you to join as a recommended physician. Prescreening includes obtaining detailed information about a physican's medical background, technique and hair transplant philosophy. It also includes privately and publicly evaluating a large sample of results and garnering input from our patient community and well respected physicians.

That said, the very small sample of results you sent me privately did look promising. And as we discussed, what you sent me will remain confidential.

Best Regards,

Bill

• 1 year later...

Hi, I had an FUE procedure with Dr Camilo Diaz at the CC Kat Aesthetics Clinic in Birmingham, West Midlands, Birmingham, UK.

It was undertaken on the 24th October 2014, and this is a photo right after the transplant. I was told I had over 1700 grafts, less than 200 of which were single hairs, the majority being 2 and 3 hair grafts.

I want to know what you guys think.

Post op photo:

http://s29.postimg.org/wym2cxpyv/photo.jpg

I was supposed to get cover on the crown and top, and front, ie the thinning areas. The photo you see here is the entire cover of the fue - the crown wasn't done. Dr Diaz said there was more thinning at the front than expected, when I asked after the area hadn't been covered.

The operation took from about 10:30am - 4pm, with a short lunch break, and was conducted by two hair technicians. They extracted the grafts and placed them in, Dr Diaz made the incisions and administered (incredibly painful) local anaesthetic.

The technicians informed me that the incisions were very close together, so the grafts were more likely to pop out in the few days after surgery. Some did, it was hard to tell how much was normal shedding and how many were grafts.

I have a few concerns but I would love to hear your feedback first guys. Thanks.

photo.jpg

photo.jpg