Dr. Feller experience

Jetsfan

I recently had my first hair transplant surgery ( approx 2000+ strip) on Dec 19th with Dr. Feller. Originally scheduled for early November but Superstorm Sandy changed that date. I had my first surgery withDr. Pistone in April of 2011, with good results. This recent surgery with Dr. Feller was to add to my hairline and address my crown. I'm approx 3 weeks post op and everything is heeling well ( will add pics ) I went for my consultation in the summer and immediately knew Dr. feller was my guy. Dr. Feller did ask me why not just go back to Pistone? My answer was "I hear your the best". Mainly from everyone on this site, thanks to all who contribute on here, you know who you are. Time will only tell with the results, but I expect good things. My overall experience with Dr. Feller and his staff was excellent, I was shocked to hear most of his clients come from Europe. I'm a local guy living in Jersey, where is everyone from this area going? Dr. Feller has a great attitude and sense of humor and his staff was terrific. I'd like to thank Cathy for staying in touch after Sandy hit, rescheduling had to be a nightmare, she just kept telling me to be patient, which I was. Only part of the surgery that hurt was the local needles, other than that I just had a hard time sitting in the chair for 4+ hours, but it will be worth it in the long run. First couple of nights were a little uncomfortable, but I knew what to expect. I had staples removed by my local Dr, 5 minute drive vs 1 hour to Dr. Feller's office ( without traffic ). I feel much better now. I will update photos and keep all updated on progress.

Jets,

Congratulations! Dr. Feller is an excellent surgeon, and I'm glad to hear everything went smoothly. Look forward to future updates! Good luck.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Congrats!

I came from UK to have surgery with Dr. Feller in July .... seems we both had great experiences. Good luck with the healing and growing, keep ups updated!

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

I just had a look at your thread Jetsfan as you asked on another thread why people continue to take finasteride after transplants.

Then I noticed you have not got any pre op and immediate post op pics. Do you have any?

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.