Cracks on 8th day after HT

I don't know what you mean by cracks? Do you mean crusts? It is normal to have crusts develop where the new hairs were transplanted. You can brush those off after 8 days and some will start to shed off naturally at this point. It is best to get them off while showering, after you soaked them for about 10 minutes in warm water.

If that's not what you meant, please post a photo.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Yes those are scabs and that is normal. You can do what I wrote above to get rid of them tomorrow when you shower. Who did your procedure?

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I had my HT with Dr Diep and I am following all his post op instructions. Until yesterday i did not have those many scabs. All of sudden i was surprised to see scabs (cracks) on my head this AM. I was little nervous to wash them off as I thought my grafts are attached to those scabs.

All the red marks that you had from the day of the procedure harden and crust over the course of a week. This happens to everyone. The grafts will be in place by now so don't worry. Just so you know the hairs that you see are going to fall out within the next two weeks. Some will fall out with the scabs, others will stay a little longer but all of them are usually gone by 3 weeks post surgery. You do not want to scratch the scabs off, but I suggest soaking them while in the shower for 10-15 minutes and then you can gently rub them off with your fingers, but again do not scratch. If some are not coming off easily then leave them alone and you can try again the next day. You should try and get them all off by the 11th day.

Everything looks normal up there. I think you should stop worrying about it. If you are 10 days post op, then try a gentle conditioner and let it sit for 15 mins on recipient area before washing off. I read it somewhere on surgeon web site and tried it and it worked for me.

Most scabs came off with few days washing with conditioner. But try only 10 days post HT.

Most of my scabs actually fell only late in second week and some in like third week.