Newbie - HT/FUE in Dubai/London

twruk

Hi All,

I am new to the forum and wondered if one of the frequent users on here can provide some advice. I have recently moved to Dubai and am considering looking at HT/FUE out here. I have been pointed in the directly of Alvi Armani as a good clinic with good doctors for this type of procedure. my question is - can anyone give an background or further reviews to the clinic - would it be more beneficial to look at clinics in London (I travel home twice a year) or the US? is FUE the best process?

My hairlines has always been naturally very high up my forehead and uneven. So what I am told is that FUE type treatment will allow for hair replacement on areas which have never seen hair previously and allow me to have a more natural look. I do have some small hair recession on the sides of my temple but not a great amount and there is no history of baldness in my family. However due to my hairline being so high is has an extremely large impact on my confidence and social life (I shy away from swimming and the such like) and in order to style it (it is quite long at the front) it takes a lot of time and I am also conscious that using hair products etc has a detrimental effect on my hair.

Any advice you may be able to give would be greatly appreciated as this is all very new to me and I want to make sure I am making informed decisions for something that is quite a big thing for me

Thanks

Tom

Take your time - research, research, research! Develop a discerning eye. Look at patient photos on the website. Try to meet HT patients in person. Any doctor you are considering I would put his name in the SEARCH function to see what kind of reputation he has for himself. Don't limit yourself to Dubai/London. Go to the best in the world - not the best doctor closest to you.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Hi Tom,

I've lived in Dubai for a long time and know the place very well and I love it, BUT... there are no good HT surgeons in Dubai. Please do not make the mistake of getting an HT in Dubai. All my friends that live in Dubai and had HTs have gone abroad, one of them didn't for his first HT and had a terrible experience with an American physician that butchered him and then went abroad for his subsequent HTs.

Do some research on this site and you'll find a bunch of well respected HT doctors. Don't take this decision lightly as it's a big commitment financially and otherwise as whatever results you get you'll be living for the rest of your life. Take your time, ask a lot of questions and do loads of research.

Good luck.

• 1 year later...

HI mate, ive recently had an FUE with Dr. Jose Lorenzo now in Manchester UK and i cannot recommend him enough. OK he's not in London but does that really matter as long as you get the best! youll find tons about Jose Lorenzo as being one of the best FUE guys out there....in the world even! works manually and works with you very personally doing the extractions and implantation himself and makes you feel instantly at ease! check him out at the farjo clinic. Your hair seems very think much like mine is at the back and sides and Dr. Lorenzo will asses that and tell you how good your donor hair is and your expectations from FUE. Myself and 2 other guys on here have all had FUE with him this last 2 weeks and we have all come to the same conclusion...that we're glad we didnt go with anyone else! hope this helps but like everyone else says so your research and as ive found out you have to feel comfortable with the person doing it!

northernslapheadMy Hair Loss WebLog

Hair Transplant Dubai are the best they have latest treatment on hair transplantation...

Lookey lookey, a first time poster promoting a clinic! NO-ONE here sees through this, we ALL believe you are a genuine customer who had great results and couldn't wait to share the word with us.

Anyway to the OP - I hear good things about Dr. Reddy in London these days, there's also Lorenzo in Manchester. You can look to Belgium and Turkey for the FUE. You can fly to the US and Canada for the best strip surgeons too (and possibly good FUE too, not really my thing so can't comment). You have plenty of options.

Consider propecia and minoxidil for a year first if you aren't already on them.

Good luck!

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

Listen Tommy, im on here for one reason and that is to 'try' to help anyone in the same boat as me who is thinking about FUE! if you look at my profile i'm not a first time poster, granted im new to all this since my recent op but i take great offence to be labelled as a 'non-genuine' customer! so screw you mate i'm a regular person from the north of England who's saved up for an OP, researched it as much as i can and have asked for advice on this site also and have received help from 'helpful people' unlike yourself who has obviously got a bee in his bonnet!

Oh and trust me if id have had a poor OP (or if i experience any poor results more importantly!) i would have posted my findings on here letting people know about that too....by the way you just mentioned 'Lorenzo' in Manchester, who is exactly who i went with after considering Basinga, koray erdogan & feriduni. ...don't be so judgmental, kissing Dr. Feller's butt with your *Incredibly positive experience!*...is that not promoting a clinic you had a positive experience with!?!? Hippocrit, people in glass houses...........

Listen Tommy, im on here for one reason and that is to 'try' to help anyone in the same boat as me who is thinking about FUE! if you look at my profile i'm not a first time poster, granted im new to all this since my recent op but i take great offence to be labelled as a 'non-genuine' customer! so screw you mate i'm a regular person from the north of England who's saved up for an OP, researched it as much as i can and have asked for advice on this site also and have received help from 'helpful people' unlike yourself who has obviously got a bee in his bonnet!

Oh and trust me if id have had a poor OP (or if i experience any poor results more importantly!) i would have posted my findings on here letting people know about that too....by the way you just mentioned 'Lorenzo' in Manchester, who is exactly who i went with after considering Basinga, koray erdogan & feriduni. ...don't be so judgmental, kissing Dr. Feller's butt with your *Incredibly positive experience!*...is that not promoting a clinic you had a positive experience with!?!? Hippocrit, people in glass houses...........

He's talking about the 'TiffanyGraff' poster mate! :)

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

Ha sorry wrong end of the stick....just a note though, dont mess with us Northerners!!!!hehe my bad! :)

Tom my apologise for ranting over your post. Also like you i had an high hairline (hence slaphead!!) but thick and dense hair too on the sides and back (just receding at the front) and FUE was my option. Im sure with your famiy history, current density/thickness etc that youll have a very successful new hairline via this method too but have a free consult and then youll be more sure. I just got my results back from my op last week and here they are.

Total FU’s: 2701

Hairs. 7052

Hair per graft: 2.61

singles: 7%

FU's>2: 93%

FU1: 175

FU2: 980

FU3: 1257

FU4: 284

Punch: 0.8 and 0.9

Hair texture. 56 microns.

I dont know about stats too much but ive got feedback on here that it all seems to spell good news on the new hairline density etc. so this may give you an idea of what you could expect!?!?

Edited by northernslaphead

I know you saw the error of your ways and apologised (after it was pointed out to you) - I just really can't believe you weren't able to see I wasn't talking to you. I even quoted the shill that I was talking to!

I would suggest reading a bit more carefully before you go all guns blazing pal.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon