There are good FUT scars and there are bad ones. Bad scars can be repaired only through FUE since usually the cause is a tight scalp resulting from too much skin having been excised; when the surgeon has not optimally assessed the tensile characteristics of the skin of the client. When scars occur, clients like this recent one get perturbed and opt for disguising the scar which is possible only through FUE. This present patient came for FUE for the hairline and opted for scar revision through FUE as well.

Follow up pictures shall be posted after 5 months of the procedure.

IMG_5501.jpg.a07d685f81ac2a57799d3a3d659f3245.jpg

IMG_5555.jpg.4148a90d97f4232e53c0c6fe8cc7a1e9.jpg

IMG_5564.jpg.b5d65d26c9962c43254c4ae19f77f91f.jpg

Scar revision is tough. In my mind, there are several options: one is FUE into the existing FUT scar, another is a second FUT excision with better closure, and a third is SMP into the scar tissue. Each has its potential downfalls, but all can likely improve the overall original post-operative scar.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Hope the grafts were helpful.  I just hate to see folks spending good money on repairing the results of FUT scars.  Hope it was successful.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I had FUE into my FUE scar.  This is the first time I have seen it in 3 years since my head was shaved for another FUE.   Not that impressed but it's no big deal because I cant have a short haircut anyways bc my donor is tapped out from FUE scars as you can see.  But the beard grafts to grow just maybe not enough in the sides.

scar after.jpg

Edited by densedream

• 1 month later...
On 2/22/2019 at 10:55 PM, Obaid6727 said:

Why is there no update from Dr Bhatti on this HT? Would love to see the update though it is a very old thread still results matter.

Hi Obaid6727,

Both myself and Dr Bhatti have tried to contact the patient but unfortunately the email we have for him just bounces back.

The procedure was 7 years ago so I would guess like many past patients he's put his hair issues to bed and moved on with his life.