My experience so far-confused.

winchester83

W83

If you are still reading this please know the top docs would all ask you about your expectations and capacity to see the process through. If they did not feel comfortable with your answers the ethically they should not proceed. Based on your posts here your expectations are out of line with reality because you probably need 3500-4000 grafts to make the difference you want. Remember this is a cosmetic procedure and a lot of docs will tell you what they did in your first instances just to part you with your cash. Ignore them. I would go to NYC for one day and consult with feller or Wesley and see what they say only about your expectations and reality of grafts needed. We are talking 15k needed. If you still want to do it then obviously you will need to deal with finding the finances done way. DO NOT think that all docs are created equal--you're smart enough to already walk away from those first clinics.

Options: buzzed haircut? Have you tried it?

Or shave it or shave and combine with SMP (scalp micro pigmentation ) which can give you a whole new look. Google it and see if something like that interests you-- might run $3-4 thousand for a full head.

You've received some excellent advice here.

At the very least, you can never say you didn't receive the guidance to make an informed decision.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

• 8 years later...

@winchester83 Hello, i read your review on Dr. Distefano. I was wondering if I could ask you to connect with me to have more converastions about your experiences with Dr. Distefano. I'm not even sure if you are checking this message board anymore or get a notification - but I'd greatly appreciate your message once you see this message. I'm someone who is seriously considering him and given that there isn't much information about him, it's been challenging to make the decision. Thank you so much! 

• Administrators
39 minutes ago, Dhcyoo said:

@winchester83 Hello, i read your review on Dr. Distefano. I was wondering if I could ask you to connect with me to have more converastions about your experiences with Dr. Distefano. I'm not even sure if you are checking this message board anymore or get a notification - but I'd greatly appreciate your message once you see this message. I'm someone who is seriously considering him and given that there isn't much information about him, it's been challenging to make the decision. Thank you so much! 

This thread is almost 10 years old. I doubt you will receive a response. Look for a recent review.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

41 minutes ago, Dhcyoo said:

Please reconsider this, I know you have been considering him for quite some time. I’m not sure why your focusing on him particularly? I have never seen a single decent result and we have only had people post they have not had a good experience. Why not look at other Drs/Clinics which are reliable and consistent?

16 minutes ago, Dhcyoo said:

@JC71 Nah, not true. There are other posts that showed positive results of him. A lot of them here. 

What are you talking about? Your whole posting history just comes off as very strange...

Firstly, it took me all of 2 minutes to search this doctors name in the search bar and filter by title content only, 19 results appeared, all from 10-20 years ago pretty much. Out of those 19, only one actually posted any result of work from this doctor. What are you saying there are a lot of positive results on here of him, there are pretty much no results on here period. There seems to be a grand total of one.

People are in fact contributing to your question by saying forget this doctor, why do you seem so hellbent on having confirmation that he's reputable on this post and others? He clearly has very little online patient reviews and the ones he does are from long ago, no one here is going to recommend him as a result obviously. 

I don't mean to come off as rude to you, but I really just find your whole deal with this doc quite bizarre considering you're now even defending him with made up claims like he has lots of positive results when you know full well he doesn't. 

• Like 2

It is coming across odd that your particularly interested in a Dr that hasn’t got anymore than say “one” result which can be backed up with pics. The rest are very questionable and certainly not reliable. With so many other options for decent Drs/Clinics I’m also not sure why your only considering this one ? Especially with a poster mentioning they have needed a repair. Some red flags here ! Are you not considering anyone else ? Is it a location thing ? 

• Like 2

Honestly please avoid DiStefano, I got extremely low growth and have nothing positive to say about the experience.

My repair was with Konior (2x ~1500 FUE each) and it was so good I honestly don’t think about my hair anymore.  

A bad procedure can really cause you tremendous pain, choose wisely…

• Like 1

@JC71 @JDEE0 You seem to be quite emotionally invested in this conversation; I'm not too sure why. I'm simply approaching the forum with a curiosity to hear more about peoples' experiences - isn't that what Forusm are for? to hear multiple peoples' experiences. Great - currently, we may have more negative responses about the doctor. And in that spot, 1) I am also asking for others' different experiences, if any 2) I'm also asking the individuals' results more nuances to the story. Clearly you have not experienced the doctor, and again, I'm quite perplexed why you are so invested in my question. 

Konior himself posted my case on this site with the title something like “how not to and how to do 1500 FUE”.  It’s under the results posted by the clinics.

The pics are after my first 1500 repair with Konior taken the morning of my second 1500 with Konior which was August 2020.

It grew in really well and I don’t come to this site much anymore, got the email that I mentioned in a thread so that’s why I’m posting.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dhcyoo said:

@JC71 @JDEE0 You seem to be quite emotionally invested in this conversation; I'm not too sure why. I'm simply approaching the forum with a curiosity to hear more about peoples' experiences - isn't that what Forusm are for? to hear multiple peoples' experiences. Great - currently, we may have more negative responses about the doctor. And in that spot, 1) I am also asking for others' different experiences, if any 2) I'm also asking the individuals' results more nuances to the story. Clearly you have not experienced the doctor, and again, I'm quite perplexed why you are so invested in my question. 

Haha, ok then.

You're not simply approaching the forum with a curiosity to hear about the doctor though are you really. You initially did do this by joining up and asking about the clinic in question, which indeed is what the forum is for and is a completely normal thing to do.

However, when the feedback given to you pretty much relayed that there are an extremely small amount of reviews from a long time ago which are mostly negative, your response was to make up that there are actually lots of glowing reviews of said doctor on HRN and also state on another thread that there are multiple HT docs by the same name and so maybe the negative ones aren't actually related to the Distefano you're interested in. Again, a quick google search reveals this to be another false claim, there is only one Dr. Distefano who performs HT's. 

You can be perplexed about what you like, I'm perplexed as to why you're making up random things in defence of a no-name HT doctor instead of just listening to peoples feedback and crossing them off your list. 

Good luck with your search.

• Like 2

• Administrators
21 hours ago, Dhcyoo said:

@Snowboard yeah, this is what this forum is for, right? To hear many different peoples' experiences. Hoping to hear from folks who have something to contribute to my question. Thank you all! 

Are you hear to convince us or yourself? 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
20 hours ago, Dhcyoo said:

Pretty sure you’re a shill posing as an “interested” patient. Reviews and results speak for themselves. 

View my thread