FUEsday

FUE Dr. Rahal 2500

Hey everyone. New to this site and looking for support/input. I finally got the courage to go through with surgical restoration and my procedure is next Tuesday for 2500 grafts with Dr. RAHAL. I'm calling it FUEsday:D. I will admit I am pretty nervous and is surreal to me that I am actually doing this. I think I did enough research and feel like I picked a top surgeon.

Has anyone gotten FUE with him on here? If so can you share your experience and results? How soon will I look normal enough to go back into the public eye? Thanks in advance.

Hey Fuesday ,

We once had a Rahal collection on this site/forum but it has recently been removed due to some sort of conflict with laws between the states and canada. Personally ive seen some of the best work come from Rahal , so you should be confident in your surgeon .. i think you made a wise choice . All the best.

Fuesday,

Welcome to the forums buddy, and congratulations on your upcoming procedure! Dr. Rahal is an amazing surgeon, and you are no doubt in great hands!!! You made an excellent choice, as I'm sure most of us who have had our procedures with his clinic will tell you. I just had my procedure done with him a month ago, only I had strip (I call it FUTRIDAY)!! Okay, yours is a lot more clever! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

Anyhow, you must be getting excited.....it's coming up soon! Can you tell us a bit more about yourself? How old are you? Have you started on any of the meds (Minox/Fin), and if so, how long have you been on them? What level of loss is your hair currently on the Norwood scale? Feel free to tell us anything else about yourself as you feel comfortable.....there are a great bunch of people on these forums. You have definitely come to an excellent place for knowledge and support!!

Here is a link recently posted on a compilation of FUE results, all done by Dr. Rahal. As you can see, you have something to be very excited about once your hair starts growing: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/167798-dr-rahal-fue-compilation.html

As far as looking normal again, FUE is less invasive than strip, but your recipient area will be red and crusty for up to a couple weeks, so it all depends on what you consider "normal enough" to go back into the public eye. I went back to work after just one week and 4700+ grafts, but I definitely looked far from normal with a surf-blue paper cap on my head for two weeks post-op!! I imagine I looked a bit ridiculous, but everyone was really kind and either looked the other way, or pretended they didn't notice! Haha!!

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to seeing your progress along the way....and can't wait to hear about your experience in Ottawa. Please feel free to personally reach out to me if you have any questions before or after your procedure. Happy to lend a helping hand if I can.

Thanks for sharing your upcoming procedure......and safe travels!!

Kind Regards,

Mike

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

Hi MTL......thanks bud, but I assure you that you don't want to see my updated pictures right now!! LOL!!! If everyone else here goes through the "ugly duckling" phase after a transplant, I must look like an 85 year old goose near the end of his life right now!! Although I knew it was coming, I don't think I was prepared to see my hair look much worse than it did BEFORE my transplant....I look like I fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down!! :mad:

I must have lost 1000 hairs in the last 24 hours alone.....and considering I had a full head of hair just a week and a half ago....well, my first glance in the mirror today almost prompted me to hurl myself off a tall cliff!! HAHA!

In all seriousness though, I am reaching my 1 month post-op anniversary this coming Saturday (Oddly enough my birthday....good milestone date to remember), and because I want to keep up-to-date on all my progress posts, I will be taking photos and posting!! I just might request that the people of these forums sign a waiver ahead of time to release me of any liability for any stress or trauma that the images cause the members here! ;)

Thanks for checking in buddy....you'll be seeing another post from me again really soon!

Best,

Mike

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

Thanks for the support! I am a little nervous that I might not be a candidate for FUE. I was contacted by the doctor yesterday to discuss this possibility of this due to extent of curliness of my hair (as you can see by my profile photo). I am hoping this is not the case but will just make it into a mini vacation in Canada if things don't work out. I will keep everyone posted.

Don't worry too much about your results at this point Mike and hang in there! Stay positive, I'm sure everything will work out nicely for you.:D

Fuesday

You have picked a great surgeon...you can check out my blog..also, here is a link to my 9 month post op pictures...http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/168103-9-month-results-dr-rahal.html

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Thanks for the kind words. Anyone have any thoughts about the curly hair/FUE issue? I posted some pre op photos from today and the past month. I cut my hair short about 5 weeks ago since the pre op instructions were not to get a hair cut for 6 weeks prior. Upset about losing some hard earned growth in the crown after stopping the minox for a month.

Thanks for the kind words. Anyone have any thoughts about the curly hair/FUE issue? I posted some pre op photos from today and the past month. I cut my hair short about 5 weeks ago since the pre op instructions were not to get a hair cut for 6 weeks prior. Upset about losing some hard earned growth in the crown after stopping the minox for a month.

You wont lose it..I think I only stopped for 2 weeks per Dr Rahal...:)

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

This thread is posted in the wrong section. It should be FUE section.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

guys...how do you post a new thread? I got my 2579 fue procedure done by Dr. Rahal last week. I want to post it for input/support. give you guys up-to-date pics and threads for the next 12 months. Any help would be great!

Hi congrats on yr procedure, you choose a great surgeon. If you go to the fue section, you can start a new thread there fella .

Congrats again.

Hair Transplant Dr Feller Oct 2011

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014

I had an unsuccessful procedure with him unfortunately and he has a fairly killer marketing team behind him to make sure that he stays popular. I hope you will have a better experience.