on finasteride and minox for 2 mths

thecricketer90

I am aged 23 been on the 2 meds(finasteride 0.5 mg/day and minox 1ce in night) for a month. shedding is evident. my hair has got worse :(. NO side effects though:o.

already NW 4(jumped from 3 to 4 from last month). i dont apply hair oil at all because bald spaces appear. is it ok ?

what have you all got to say ? HELP!!! :confused:

sounds normal to me man. when you shed, did you notice miniaturized hair falling out? give it more time, if you stay consistent i'm sure things will get better. I'm on 0.5mg Propecia daily. I'm going through some slight shedding as well

Thecricketer,

Welcome to the forums!! This is all very normal. I shed really bad the first two months I started the meds, and had a panic attack. I continued the treatments as advised however, and my hair grew back much stronger than before. Keep on with what you're doing now, and don't get discouraged by the (very normal) shed that is happening! Let us know when the shed and your regrowth begins to stabilize!!

Best,

Mike

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

Hi thecricketer,

Again, no need to worry at all pal! Seeing thin hairs coming out is perfectly normal...and keep in mind, hair (even healthy hair) goes through growth stages and shedding. The important thing to remember throughout all of this, is to keep the treatment up consistently. As far as your question on "hair oil" goes, I am confused as to what you are asking here? Are you referring to a styling product such as a gel or a hairspray? I don't use any styling products as of now.....but am hoping my recent transplant gives me the hair I need to be able to start!! As far as any side effects with the fin/minox, I have had none. I have been on finasteride going on 4 years now, and Rogaine for at least 3.....maybe longer! So far so good....and side effects with these two drugs don't negatively affect the majority of their users!! It does happen though from time to time....

Keep us posted buddy!

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

No worries bud....no oil for me here! Maybe that's why I lost all my hair over the last decade, haha??!! I do use a conditioner a few times a week though (not since my surgery though, as I can't resume normal hair care until the one month mark this weekend), and it does seem to keep the follicles hydrated!

thecricketer90- i did experience sides after 1 month of using 1mg propecia. my mood was off and my libido significantly dropped. i don't think it was psychological because i started taking the drug with a very positive and open mindset. when i noticed these side effects, i started cutting the propecia in half and taking 0.5mg daily. i havent noticed any sides since then and everything seems to be getting back to normal. i believe i'm still shedding a little though, but hopeful that its all part of the process and my hair will grow back stronger and thicker. hang in there!