Corvettester's 3rd HT... Dr. Dorin 565 Grafts FUE.

corvettester

Hey guys,

So I ended up going in for my third HT back in mid September, just haven't got around to posting any pics.

This time I elected for an FUE procedure. I have to say that it is every bit as easy and painless as everyone claims. It definitely was a breeze compared to FUT.

I was pretty happy with the final result from first two HTs, however, there were still a few areas were I wanted more density. I'm hoping that this last procedure will take care of these trouble spots.

Either way, there is a dramatic improvement from where I started. I was a NW3/NW3.5 and now I feel confident claiming NW1 status. I have a fairly strong hairline now and I cannot tell the difference between my native hair and the transplanted hair.

Further, I feel completely confident in public wearing my hair combed back, fully revealing my hairline. In fact, I do so a few times a week now. I've had several people tell me that I look better with it combed back... more mature, more serious, etc...

Funny story... I recently had the opportunity to meet Heidi Klum. The first thing she said to me was "I love your hair." I played it cool though, I was like "yeah, I just woke up... whatever, whatever..." I was totally going to ask her out, but I couldn't get her alone long enough, what with all the hair, makeup and wardrobe staff buzzing around... I wouldn't have even cared if she rejected me outright. I'd have asked her out just to say I had the balls to do so! She's a little out of my age range, but ya never know... LMFAO :cool:

Long story short, I'm feeling pretty good about my hair these days. Thanks Dr. Dorin!

Corvs

Edited by corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

i've been a huge fan of your blog man, congratulations on your third transplant! it looks clean as usual. i had a transplant with Dr. True in October, and both him and Dr. Dorin are great. That's badass how you got to meet heidi and on top of that she complimented your hair! it just can't get better than that haha

Corvette,

Congratulations! I've been so impressed with Dr. Dorin's FUE work lately, and this case is no exception. I hope you'll keep us updated.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Those post op photos look very nice. Great story too!

Glad everything is working out great for ya. Nothing wrong with an older woman, my friend ;)

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

Hey Corv. Right on, looks like great work. I especially like the pre-op photos showcasing those mighty fine temple points Dr. Dorin gave you with the last procedure. Quick question: I do notice a couple grey strands. Does your victorious quest for hair perfection include hair coloring?

All the best bro.

P.S. I've been growing mine long for awhile now. Perhaps you planted that seed.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Hi Corv, good to see you back. I'm glad you went for fue this go around. I'm looking forward to seei g your results. I went for #3 as well a few weeks ago so as usual we are on the same course.

That's great about your encounter with the model on several levels. It would have been interesting to see what she would have said if you asked her out.

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

Corvettester-

Going through your photos from the very beginning to now, it's amazing at how far you've come! You must be ecstatic, your hair really looks great! It's especially nice to see such dramatic transformations with hair restoration are possible, as it gives those of us who are just starting out some hope! Thanks for sharing your most recent progress.....I look forward to keeping better tabs on you along the way!

Best,

Mike

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

Quick question: I do notice a couple grey strands. Does your victorious quest for hair perfection include hair coloring?

I noticed that too. It has to be a transplanted hair because the only place that I've ever had any grey hairs was on the sides.

However, I don't do any hair coloring or highlights. I don't think that stuff is healthy for the hair, but maybe I'll change my mind if I tart to get a lot more grey in the near future. As for now, I just have the stray grey hair or two. Nothing noticeable unless, of course, you zoom in on my hair with a high res camera.

What's the punch size?

I forget. Maybe a T&D rep can chime in... If not, I'll ask next time I'm there.

Corvs

That's badass how you got to meet heidi and on top of that she complimented your hair! it just can't get better than that haha

Yeah, it's like ?ber-validation!

Wow inspiring results.

I've had a high hairline my whole life too and am seriously looking at lowering it. You have great results but 3 procedures seems a lot of work and expensive.

If you were starting all over again, would you go about it any different ?

Wow inspiring results.

I've had a high hairline my whole life too and am seriously looking at lowering it. You have great results but 3 procedures seems a lot of work and expensive.

If you were starting all over again, would you go about it any different ?

No, I wouldn't do it any differently because I needed more grafts than FUE could have accomplished in one session.

As far as price is concerned, I don't really think it's that expensive considering what you're getting: a team of technicians, doctor, follow up care, etc... these things cost money. I put it on a no-interest payment plan and had them paid off in about 6 months.

More importantly, the feeling of having a nice head of hair, a great result and not worrying about my receding anymore has been priceless...

Looking great there corvettester, I like your hairstyle too (sorry I can't compete with Heidi Klum's charms haha).

We make an interesting comparison in terms of results. You have the edge, but when my recent HT grows in a few months I expect the thinness will improve. Then I'll just be looking at an FUE at some point to finish off, which I'll probably get done closer to home than New York.

I'm jealous of how well your strip scar healed. I'll probably need to get some FUE into my scar unless I'm mainly seeing shock loss at the moment.

Edited by LondonHTseeker

I echo C"s sentiment that having more confidence from a full mane is worth the price of admission---not only in terms of $$$ but also having to perservere through 3 procedures. I am interested in C's perspective on why FUE is so much easier. Was it in terms of post-procedure recovery? Given the FUE was mainly tweaks, were you able to conceal the procedure after the redness died down or was it obvious for some time that you had some work done? Were you able to cover the donor area in the back with existing hair? Thanks again for sharing.

I am interested in C's perspective on why FUE is so much easier. Was it in terms of post-procedure recovery? Given the FUE was mainly tweaks, were you able to conceal the procedure after the redness died down or was it obvious for some time that you had some work done? Were you able to cover the donor area in the back with existing hair?

It's easier in ever aspect, especially in the post-op recovery. I was literally back at work the very next day and I'm no hero when it comes to such things. See my review from my first procedure.

My first FUT knocked me on my ass. I was in bed for days. It was painful, uncomfortable and I could hardly sleep. I was drugged up for over a week. Also, having the sutures removed was a painful and unpleasant experience.

My second FUT was significantly easier than my first as I knew what to expect. Also, my body took to it better than the first. It was definitely less painful. However, still doesn't compare to how minimal FUE is.

I was able to conceal the procedure very well in the donor and recipient area due to my long hair. However, I'm sure that inquiring eyes could have noticed if they tried, but I couldn't have cared less about that. I'm not embarrassed about my procedure... it fascinates me.

If you've followed my experience and posts, you'd know that I am among the first to call BS on the "minimally invasive" term applied to FUT. It's only minimally invasive from a medical perspective, you know, like a colonoscopy. From a physical perspective, I found it to be extremely painful and uncomfortable. Fortunately, I had plenty of pain killers to make it bearable.

I hope this clears it up.

Corvs

Congrats......looks great already and this will be "icing on the cake". I am doing my second round in January and opted for FUE for all the same reasons.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

• 3 weeks later...
It's easier in ever aspect, especially in the post-op recovery. I was literally back at work the very next day and I'm no hero when it comes to such things. See my review from my first procedure.

My first FUT knocked me on my ass. I was in bed for days. It was painful, uncomfortable and I could hardly sleep. I was drugged up for over a week. Also, having the sutures removed was a painful and unpleasant experience.

My second FUT was significantly easier than my first as I knew what to expect. Also, my body took to it better than the first. It was definitely less painful. However, still doesn't compare to how minimal FUE is.

I was able to conceal the procedure very well in the donor and recipient area due to my long hair. However, I'm sure that inquiring eyes could have noticed if they tried, but I couldn't have cared less about that. I'm not embarrassed about my procedure... it fascinates me.

If you've followed my experience and posts, you'd know that I am among the first to call BS on the "minimally invasive" term applied to FUT. It's only minimally invasive from a medical perspective, you know, like a colonoscopy. From a physical perspective, I found it to be extremely painful and uncomfortable. Fortunately, I had plenty of pain killers to make it bearable.

I hope this clears it up.

Corvs

Looks great dude and as one of the first people I really followed on here, I'm glad to see how things have turned out.

I have to ask though, are you not on Propecia or anything else? because on your blog page it says no non-surgical treatments.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Looking good. I would be tempted to try propecia even at a v low dose every other day. Surely the best time to take it is before its needed , as by the time it's needed it normally too late ! Lets be honest there's a good chance of progression with hairloss , not many people recede to a nw 3 in there twenties and stay there..