My client walked in a few days back and I just could not recognize him. I remember him now having come from a considerable distance to meet me. A young man very successful in his field, the hair loss troubled him so much he was preoccupied with it most times and it had started to affect his professional output. Also, he sought to get married in the near future.

And here he was so full of hair! Happy and effervescent, he narrated how he had opened his own firm and had moved to Delhi and how he had just got married. He was beaming with happiness and radiating positivity.

Now how did this transformation come about in a type 5 male pattern patient with low scalp density who insisted on a full head of hair? 4000 scalp FUE and 1000 grafts from the body (beard and chest) made this possible. If you watch closely, in one picture you can see spiky hair jutting out. This would not be seen if you clip your hair to an inch or 2 in length. But what a wonderful hairline when beard hair is mixed artistically and in the right proportion with scalp hair.

Oh, I love hybrid hairlines even in those who have an adequate donor scalp.

IMG_1308.JPG.96f00077c48c5b64837f175f82a083f8.JPG

IMG_1307.JPG.3c01f40f700cbe34c083361766c04455.JPG

IMG_1416.JPG.6ab2c2003037c00e9cc1bad5ee4acf5c.JPG

IMG_0263.JPG.d1ba4ef9162d9daa9047bf2ad3890a02.JPG

IMG_0264.JPG.bd81521a67572bb44da50a04ab0d821a.JPG

IMG_0270.JPG.096a4d9fe8747ff3d2fa0ef5ab7373fc.JPG

Certainly looks like a dramatic transformation upon first glance! Nice work Dr. Bhatti- This patient looks like a new man!! Thanks for sharing these results!

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

Wow! Quite the transformation.

Any close up shots of the hairline? Was this procedure performed entirely in one day?

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Dr. Bhatti,

This is an impressive transformation. Can you give us more information about the procedure? For instance, how many sessions/days did it take to accomplish this? Did the patient receive all 5000 scalp and body hair grafts on the same day, 2 or more consecutive days or over more than one session spaced out over a longer period of time?

Thanks,

Bill

excellent result. Dr Bhatti if this patient wanted his crown filled in, where would you get the grafts from...has he got enough donor grafts left, if so how much. If he hasnt than I guess his chest hair?

Congrats Dr Bhatti the results look fantastic your patient must be over the moon!

Edited by HTindia

I had 3050 FUE grafts performed by Dr. Tejinder Bhatti

at the Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center,

Chandigarh, India in March 2012.

Hi HTIndia,

Thanks for the encouragement. Ofcourse I recognize you and remember your procedure rather fondly looking at your profile picture!

In Caucasians I have taken upto 2500 grafts from beard hair. However, in your case, we would first exhaust the hair on the underside of the jawline (shadow area of the beard) from which we can extract 400-1000 grafts.

Hi,

Beard hair have around 6,000- 10,000 hair. The cycle of facial hair more closely resembles scalp hair than other regions of the body

Thanks, I thought the life cycle of beard hairmight be longer than hair on the top of my head, but 6,000 to 10,000 beard hairs would give me enough hair to cover my bald and balding spots especially with beard hair seeming thicker. I really wouldn't miss shaving either.:)

I really wouldn't miss shaving either.:)
aint that the truth! and since ive considered laser hair removal on my beard id be one step closer to no hair on my face.

my only concern is visible scarring on the face. it doesnt seem to be prevelant as the scalp but obviously one cannot grow their hair long on their face to cover any unsightly scaring unless one wanted a full beard which isnt even a possibility for me since my profession doesnt allow a beard.

Dr Bhatti would it be possible for you to show up close pics of mens beards after it has healed several months later?

aint that the truth! and since ive considered laser hair removal on my beard id be one step closer to no hair on my face.

my only concern is visible scarring on the face. it doesnt seem to be prevelant as the scalp but obviously one cannot grow their hair long on their face to cover any unsightly scaring unless one wanted a full beard which isnt even a possibility for me since my profession doesnt allow a beard.

Dr Bhatti would it be possible for you to show up close pics of mens beards after it has healed several months later?

Speaking for myself, there is zero visible scarring from my beard extractions, but I am pale complected, and all beard hair extractions have come from below the jawline. There is no evidence any beard hair has been extracted, only evidence is I only shave my neck every 3-4 days now.

The only reason that I can see for concern of scarring is:

1) Dark complected white patients or non white patients

2) Any extractions above the jawline, on the face.

Since there are over 5000 grafts available below the jawline, number 2 may not even be a concern for most people.

Speaking for myself, there is zero visible scarring from my beard extractions, but I am pale complected, and all beard hair extractions have come from below the jawline. There is no evidence any beard hair has been extracted, only evidence is I only shave my neck every 3-4 days now.

The only reason that I can see for concern of scarring is:

1) Dark complected white patients or non white patients

2) Any extractions above the jawline, on the face.

Since there are over 5000 grafts available below the jawline, number 2 may not even be a concern for most people.

great! cause I too am fair skinned so that makes me feel much better. thanx for the response. would it be possible for you to post pics here?

5000 grafts is good news. I assume that's an average. I have read there's about 1000 hairs a square inch. Am I correct? If so I guess 5000 grafts would only be about 5 square inches although with beard hair being thicker it may go further. Any comments are welcome.

Mr Dr Bhatti

Would it be possible for you to post few photos (close up) of a asian patient(s) donor area and from beard area, Im interested in seeing any scars after your FUE procedure. thanks

Hi Dr. Bhatti,

I have done a bit of research on your website and read the statistics page where it states the quantity of FUE and FUT procedures that your clinic has completed. It also states other procedures which include Flaps- 1, Scalp expansion- 4.

Can you provide further information relating to this because its my understanding that these 2 techniques are not considered gold standard procedures anymore.

Thanks for your help.

Regards Rod

Hi Rod,

The scalp expansion and flap surgeries were performed not for male pattern baldness but exclusively in burn patients with hypertrophic scarring which would not benefit by hair transplant since the thick scars have very little blood supply to support follicles in optimal density.