1200 scalp FUE

1400 Beard FUR

1000 Chest FUE

250 Pubic FUE

Results seen are after 6 months.

One set of pictures shows initial hair growth at 6 weeks after the procedure.

The scalp had very low density.

He wore a wig for over 24 years before opting for surgical hair restoration.

This is the greatest advantage of FUE- the donor area is limited only by the patient's and doctor's imagination!

IMG_2960.JPG.9ffd768c184906494e092821d850c2a4.JPG

IMG_2961.JPG.e4aa1836757e6689814ce64eb2c52bf4.JPG

IMG_2962.JPG.640af4f049acf286a66ba1daec0d14bd.JPG

IMG_2963.JPG.3ad43a736e9c7ec9703c2bc884e361d8.JPG

IMG_2967.JPG.6f3d6c79ff0e38ead780e86647d300a3.JPG

IMG_3209.JPG.1d254f722533a20f15f518ec3b8b54de.JPG

IMG_3210.JPG.ef1e07355b5fadda9597d014c47be084.JPG

IMG_3217.JPG.e6fd225fb500612ee2a9cc79b940a046.JPG

IMG_5403.JPG.c5c36c271401c7950288f39fd158e6e3.JPG

IMG_5404.JPG.619a1cb63a79d4d474b4227e53c17caf.JPG

IMG_5405.JPG.4d5b74a08b31295c0de75ce8fed70296.JPG

IMG_5406.JPG.89c5c2facd1707291107f53d1f56cb3d.JPG

IMG_5413.JPG.9faddf1667d817ec083d7542e3279bbd.JPG

Definitely a big transformation from the before pictures to the 6 month mark!

I am curious though (and this is a serious question), why would pubic hair need to be used for this procedure, when there is clearly a significant amount of facial and chest hair for transplantation? I have never heard of pubic hair being used in BHT's.....so it is a really interesting concept to me given there are other sources from which to take the donor??!!

At any rate....nice improvement!

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

Dr. Bhatti,

Very interesting case. This patient must be excited about the transformation!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Not bad actually! It seems like all of the ideal circumstances are there: blesed with wavy body hair (really more of a filler), plus ample beard hair that is close to the same color as scalp hair. In these cases as I understand them, the FUE scalp hair is used to provide the "superstructure" as it were and the body hair fills the contents of the building, mixing in with the scalp hair.

Interesting case for sure, but there needs to be better documentation of the results than pictures of this quality, one can judge little if the lighting is poor and the picture quality is poor as well. No close ups, no photos of the crown, etc. Straight on photos are the most complimentary, factor in poor lighting and its hard to tell what he looks like.

It is nice to see that body hair is catching on, it is almost a necessity for many people suffering from the extensive baldness of this patient.

The question raised by "agenteye" - Why not take more hair from other parts of the beard when the patient is so well endowed with it?

Well, in colored skin, the contrast of scars which are white with the background of brown skin is sometimes so stark that I would never recommend beard hair from the exposed areas for hair transplant in such cases. I shall now soon be posting a Caucasian client who received over 2500 FUE grafts from all areas of the beard and there are no noticeable scars.

In Caucasians the grafts harvest from the beard are in large numbers.

In black and brown skin large beard harvesting is a BOG NO-NO..

That makes total sense, thank you for the explanation.

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

In Caucasians the grafts harvest from the beard are in large numbers.

In black and brown skin large beard harvesting is a BOG NO-NO..

Very interesting! I've actually never heard this before, but based upon the difference in scarring among different ethnicities, it makes sense.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Hi Jayukdht",

If you study the preop pictures, you will realize the patient had considerable parietal recession (area behind the temples) consequent to wearing a clip-on hair piece for over 30 years. This had made his hairline on the sides drop considerably due to traction alopecia. Now, given a person with type 6 MPB with exceedingly low donor density, all hair available are a boon. I never considered the pubic region till the patient suggested this after we had depleted all good donor hair from the body. As long as the hair are softened by scalp hair, it really does not matter what hair you choose. In case you need any further clarifications, I would be much too happy to answer.

As a followup, beard hair can be taken without significant visible scarring in Caucasians. As I said, in Indian brown skin I would never advise it except from the shadow area of the beard.

Here I show one of my patients who received 2500 grafts from the beard.

Results shall be posted after another month.

IMG_3556.JPG.f92e006493be9789e1d9d8595bfd48ca.JPG

As a followup, beard hair can be taken without significant visible scarring in Caucasians. As I said, in Indian brown skin I would never advise it except from the shadow area of the beard.

Here I show one of my patients who received 2500 grafts from the beard.

Results shall be posted after another month.

5b32d5b0d0a79_beardhairasdonor.JPG.75091c96c5fc8b473295f1a09b599fcb.JPG

There was only about 30% scalp hair used with this patient.

What if somebody looks at closly at this patients hair, does it look 'odd' as in can they see hairs are different in texture/caliber/maybe color...

The reason im asking is 30% of scalp hair vs 70% of BH from various sources,

with that mix head hair cant 'dominante'

What is the perfect mix of scalp/BH

Dr. Bhatti,

Thanks for presenting this interesting case. From the pictures, it looks like this patient has significant growth. However, I see a few before pictures showing the top of the scalp and no after pictures from this angle. Can you post some pictures of this patient's result showing the top of the scalp?

Also, did you perform this procedure in one day or over several days or sessions?

Thanks,

Bill

Hi "moopookoo",

If you study the preop pictures, you will realize the patient had considerable parietal recession (area behind the temples) consequent to wearing a clip-on hair piece for over 30 years. This had made his hairline on the sides drop considerably due to traction alopecia. Now, given a person with type 6 MPB with exceedingly low donor density, all hair available are a boon. I never considered the pubic region till the patient suggested this after we had depleted all good donor hair from the body. As long as the hair are softened by scalp hair, it really does not matter what hair you choose. In case you need any further clarifications, I would be much too happy to answer.

theres possibility that his head will smell like balls

I heard one famous Dr talking about armpit and pubic hairs and how it shd be avoided bc of it

What famous doctor is that?? Doesn't sound like he's been in the industry long if that's the train of thought?! I'm sure there is a reason an increasing amount of BHT's are being utilized in practices today....and I hear coarser body hair makes great filler to add density when used properly in conjunction with scalp hair, and to help more advanced cases of loss because of insufficient donor from the head!! Seems there is limitation to the amount of chest and beard hair that can be used because of scarring!