Dr Victor Hasson HT AAR (After Action Report)

congeestar

Well, since it has been officially a month, so I thought I would write up a report of my HT with Dr Victor Hasson.

Well, all I can say is that after a year or so of reading on the forums I decided to go with Hasson&Wong, and I was not disappointed with the experience. I want to give the forum my thanks, since 3 weeks before I had the cold feet and Shampoo was a great help with his advice.

My session started with a final consultation with Dr Hasson on the Friday (Monday was the procedure). Everyone at the office was really helpful at the office and Dr Hasson and Joesph were really helpful in answering all my questions. I did feel in hindsight, I could have asked more questions to put some doubts to rest. Their office on the top floor was very modern, clean and professional. They also had a unobstructed view of downtown Vancouver.

On Monday, the procedure went pretty uneventfully. Dr Hasson was able to do a sketch of the hairline that best suited my situation and addressed my concerns. During the removal of the donor strip, the only pain was from the needles and I felt nothing after. I did stay awake and had a casual conversaton with Dr. Hasson on current real estate prices. They were able to get about 3700 units and Dr Hasson was able to do more of vertex to reduce the shine that I said I would like to reduce.

During the rest of the day for incisions and implantations, the work of Dr Hasson and his team were very professional and made sure I was comfortable throughout the process. I watched 3 movies and the procedure took till 5:30pm to complete. I got my antibiotics and pain killers and a take home bag with everything I would need for the next 4 days I would be in Vancouver.

I did take a painkiller that evening and another lower dose one as by late evening the pain had kicked in around my staple area. I did manage to sleep upright pretty good that night and all the following nights by propping up 3 pillows and sort of creating a lazy boy chair on my bed. I did also before buy a much sturdier neck pillow that helped alot to keep me upright.

I would make sure to pack, only button up shirts, V neck undershirts or zip up clothes as you do not want to accidently knock out any implants in the the recipient areas. I was able to get to a GAP and buy a bunch of large V neck under shirts to address this problem.

There was swelling by the second day so contacts are a must as my glasses did not fit anymore. All the exercises recommended by Dr Hasson's team, I think helped in reducing it. I feel i was back to normal by the day 9.

The next couple was basically me taking it easy and going in every morning for a shampoo by their staff. The staples were the bothersome at most but otherwise there was no pain from them. On the 4th day after the procedure I got a haircut short enough to hide my staples and even out as much as possible my short transplanted hair on top.

My recommendation if I did a second HT would be to stay at least a week or Monday to Friday (Leave Sat)

At Home:

Besides my swollen head, the only issue I had was how to be handle my hair washing. I did wash my hair carefully for 2 more days just patting the recepient area then went to circular motions until all the scabs fell off by day 14. Upon review of my pics by Dr Hasson, I was still too carefull and was instructed to work to get the scabs off. Vit. E oil helped in getting the scabs off more easily.

Staples came off at Day 14 and it kinda hurt. It was not as easy as it looked on the videos. My wife did it for me and it took 2 days since the pain was quite high and we had to take a break. Day 2 went alot faster since my wife got the hang of it and my pain threshold was higher. There is some shock loss and I have lost hair around my staple area and at 2 weeks off mark it is still reddish and is still very itchy sometimes. My hair does not cover this and therefore I have been wearing a hat at work. Luckily I work for myself and explained to my personal assistant.

The back of my head has just started to feel normal again, not numb and wierd which had me sleeping on my stomach since the procedure.

Hopefully this has been a clear and concise AAR and I would be glad to answer any questions from anyone...thanks for listening

Edited by congeestar
spacing

Congeestar-

Congratulations on your recent hair restoration procedure with Dr. Hasson! He is a remarkable surgeon, and you can be certain you chose one of the very best in the entire World! I was originally scheduled to have my procedure there, but unfortunately due to a scheduling conflict, I had to go an alternative route. I can mimic what you said about Joe and the rest of the Hasson and Wong staff being top notch! And top it all off that Vancouver is one of the most beautiful cities I've ever been to.....so you got an ethereal experience with your procedure to boot!! =)

Sorry about the pain with the staple removal. I had the same issues with just general sutures....but hey, the good news is we're in the clear now, and through the hardest part! Well, I guess the hardest part is waiting for the new growth, but that is coming next!

Please keep us updated on your progress along the way. 3700 grafts from Dr. Hasson should serve you really well...and can't wait to see what it looks like in 6 months to a year down the road! Do you know how many hairs you got in total for coverage? Do you have any pre-op photos so we can see what your hair looked like prior to your procedure?!

Once again, congratulations.....and thanks for sharing your experience with the great H&W!!!

Happy Growing!

Mike

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

congeestar,

Congratulations and thanks for taking the time to share your experience! I hope you'll share some photos with us and keep us posted on your progress.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Congeestar.....glad you went through with it and your experience at Hasson/Wong was the same as mine. Keep us updated on your progress.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Shampoo, thanks again for your help. Staggerlee, you might be right, AAR is a field term for writing up a exercise report, so I changed to "experience" don't want to freak anyone out!

Anyone else have shock loss in their donor area and redness? any suggestions to minimize it?

Nice write up, and I am sure you will have a great result congeestar.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Nice one pal. Dr Hasson changed my life I'm sure he will yours.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk