Considering FUE or to shave it all off. Is it worth it? Turkey, India, Asia, Canada

mirza7

Depends on your expectations. If you expecting to keep your hair long post ht and have it thick then you might be disappointed.

If i were you, i would go for FUE (minimum scars) or HST (no scars) to frame your face and then keep your hair buzzed (grade 1 or 2), buzzed hair looks pretty good with a decent hairline.

FUT scar has given me and MANY people no problems at all. I bet you wouldn't even be able to find my scar, and I'm only 4 and a half months post op.

For your level of loss, I'd think you should consider one of those FUT mega sessions at Hasson & Wong. Also you should get on the medication, the side effects are quite rare and they can really work well.

have u ever heard of a FUE patient having repair work done on the "FUE scar" using the strip-method?

A lot of the 'max per day' graft numbers is based on the willingness of the team to work the hours!

A session of 4000+ grafts will take 10 hours minimum and there aren't many places that would do that, so they choose to break it up into 2 sessions.

The company i used, with Dr.Eser, won't do that. They strongly believe that a 2 day procedure causes too much trauma to the scalp and on day 2, the scalp is actually already healing. That is why they will do the procedure on one long day, regardless of the time it takes.

Mine was about 8-9hrs, but the guy who had his the same week i was there had just over 4,000 in one session which took almost 11hrs. Great stamina by the team there!!

Rob

your assuming all grafts are taken from the same area. there not. some head, some face and some body so no need for marathon surgeries.

have u ever heard of a FUE patient having repair work done on the "FUE scar" using the strip-method?

This. No doctor can garuntee a 1mm scar. A stretched scar is not uncommon either. Dr feriduni does at least 1 scar repair per week. With fue, that risk is non existent.

My scar is a non issue and I've found this to be the case with numerous people, that's all I'm saying.

I'd be interested to see who has had repair work on an FUT scar done by the top doctors. All the repairs I come across are from people who got messed up by the butcher chains...

That said, I'm not interested in a debate. If I'm a rare lucky one or one of the majority that has no issues with the scar - it doesn't matter, I just wanted to share my experience to help make an informed decision.

I don't love FUT and nor do I dislike FUE........all I can do is speak for what I've experienced.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon