Considering FUE or to shave it all off. Is it worth it? Turkey, India, Asia, Canada

mirza7

I am 27 now, losing hair since i early 20s, last resort is FUE or shaving it all off.

I dont like FUT because of the scar, and i dont want to be on any long term post op medication.

I have tried Laser and lotions and other things with no success.

Is it worth it going through FUE and where should i do it that is not too expensive but still a decent good job.

I live in Melbourne but i am thinking of doing it in Turkey next year, or India which are the cheaper places, Asia or maybe Canada, not sure yet as it is overpriced in Australia, USA.

Dr Feriduni would be great in Belgium i guess, but would be expenive, as i need at least 4000+ grafts plus a second HT at some stage.

Which would be a better choice, Turkey or India?

Any help would be great, thank you in advance.

!cid_2C6C04B0-5BE5-4DF9-875C-5254BEBB6A0C.jpg.8ea463c7f2a14d62d28e78e6a75ae6b3.jpg

!cid_5B393582-7620-4B8A-8CCE-D5821F59FB28.jpg.500ae251b05f760c8af8cac53fef2073.jpg

!cid_9999DDEE-1C4D-4F85-83AC-26ECA5313059.jpg.554ecbfe6c93d82421d48d39f08f0e0b.jpg

!cid_3276028C-55BC-4DC5-BE1D-BE8A3A7F571C.jpg.af20500c6ca9af59f4210372cf39de2c.jpg

!cid_EA34CB07-66CE-47DF-BF8E-5BFFB8434BC3.jpg.f7f1505c4796c334ae1385a90c1c5280.jpg

!cid_EFB78111-2905-427A-B8AD-941633239018.jpg.5df4fe99b5c4ebe1f01851224b583d6f.jpg

!cid_F800E525-647E-47F3-9AB4-34094F5853C4.jpg.180c4b92978e3c9329d2fb777576b15a.jpg

mirza7,

I am not sure you are even a candidate for hair transplant surgery.

You have extensive balding and only 27 years old.

Have an online consultation with some of the surgeons on here.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Hello Mirza7,

According to photos its hard to judge for a non-professional like me to give an advice to you, but in my opinion at your level of your hair-loss, money shouldn't be an issue, if it is i would just shave it off but that's just me, before deciding going to which route i strongly recommend you to consult with world class surgeons like Drs Hasson&Wong, Dr.Rahal,Dr Feller,Dr.Konior and others who i couldnt remember the names, you can check this forum or their websites and see the outcomes of the similar patterns of hairloss to yours.

All best.

Forgot to tell you, If you are willing to go to India, you may think about consulting Dr. Bhatti. He seems to be a world leader in FUE. I also have read somewhere that the network here tried to get in contact with him to consider him as a recommended Doc.

I dont like FUT because of the scar, and i dont want to be on any long term post op medication.

Then just shave it off. This isn't a battle to be fought half-assed. With your level of hair loss at 27 it is all but guaranteed you'll be a NW6 - maybe even a NW7.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Thank you all, will contact as many doctors as i can, and get opinions before i decide what to do.

I am leaning towards Turkey with Dr Eser, read on the forum a very experienced FUE doctor.

We ll see what happens i guess. Hope for the best.

FUT scar has given me and MANY people no problems at all. I bet you wouldn't even be able to find my scar, and I'm only 4 and a half months post op.

For your level of loss, I'd think you should consider one of those FUT mega sessions at Hasson & Wong. Also you should get on the medication, the side effects are quite rare and they can really work well.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

I can understand you not wanting an fut scar. Try dr koray erdogan in turkey. He does high norwood fue cases. Although the quality varies and you will lose the option to shave down to a grade 1. Still vetter than the fut alternative in opinion.

I agree you are fairly well gone and have extensive loss for your age. You are not an ideal candidate perhaps.

Discuss strategy with some reputable clinics. IF you have realistic goals i.e not expecting great density.

You could still get work done. To rebuild a hair line and behind with thin density but if you kept it buzzed down it will at least frame your face somewhat and give the illusion of hair there. Good luck!

i totally agree with mickey and bobilero.. go for fue, get a hairline going, thinner density going towards that back to get illusion of density. with fue, u can keep ur hair very very short and with 4000-5000 grafts, i think it would look great. it is true that many have no issues with fut scar, but i have spoken to and seen quite a few who have had bad scars and which point u wouldnt be able to cut it short. why risk a bad scar. go fue.

With your donor supply i would certainly at least be consulting for FUE, you are 27 if you are deemed suitable why not at least find out.

I am 28 not as much hair loss as that but donor deemed not suitable :(

FUT scar has given me and MANY people no problems at all. I bet you wouldn't even be able to find my scar, and I'm only 4 and a half months post op.

but MANY people have had problems. no one really knows how their scar will heal and what it will look like till after it fully heals. then one has to worry about it stretching over time. what that time will be is anyones guess.

if one is planning on growing their hair long its not as concerning. cut it short and its a gamble that many do not want to take including myself.

I have had FUT but didn't have enough donor hairs with my "patch" that was taken out. I managed about 1100 graphs and this was about 8 years ago when I was 28. I still had hair on top but the only thing my HT did was make a 3/4 inch wide hairline. I had enough overall hair to get bsic coverage back then but now it has gotten more thin and that "hair line" I basically had transplanted is almost visable now. my scar from it isn't that bad and hasn't really been noticed by anybody nor has my TP hair.

I am new to this site and the first I heard of FUE I'm also wondering if it's a possibility for me.

And mirza7 my advice is to get multuple opinions because when I got my HT done the doctors never told me that all I would be getting was a "hairline" because my donor hair wasn't dense enough. If I knew that I would not have done what I did. Because now I can't shave it because I have a scar on the back but yet also have a dense hairline compared to the rest of my thinning hair so it would look stupid and would be noticeable.

Any advice would be appreciated as well.

I have had FUT but didn't have enough donor hairs with my "patch" that was taken out. I managed about 1100 graphs and this was about 8 years ago when I was 28. I still had hair on top but the only thing my HT did was make a 3/4 inch wide hairline. I had enough overall hair to get bsic coverage back then but now it has gotten more thin and that "hair line" I basically had transplanted is almost visable now. my scar from it isn't that bad and hasn't really been noticed by anybody nor has my TP hair.

I am new to this site and the first I heard of FUE I'm also wondering if it's a possibility for me.

And mirza7 my advice is to get multuple opinions because when I got my HT done the doctors never told me that all I would be getting was a "hairline" because my donor hair wasn't dense enough. If I knew that I would not have done what I did. Because now I can't shave it because I have a scar on the back but yet also have a dense hairline compared to the rest of my thinning hair so it would look stupid and would be noticeable.

Any advice would be appreciated as well.

you can always have hairs transplanted into your scar via (FUE) if you chose to. its been done many times by many HT doctors with great results. then u could shave ur head. Chest and beard hair are better donor hair if being taken from ur body.

and you could certainly fill in the hair behind ur hairline with an FUE procedure which will yield a hell of lot more then 1100 grafts.

Sounds like ur HT surgeon wasn't very honest with you. but I doubt its not repairable.

post some pix.

Looking at your pics, i would say you are a candidate for a HT, but don't expect to have a full head of hair at the end of it.

I also would say you should be able to get about 4,000 grafts. When i was having my FUE, the other chap there had a lot less hair on the top of his head and i would say thinner donor area too, so you should get good coverage.

I can also recommend the surgeon you have mentioned as she performed my HT. You are in good hands there and the team will do whatever it takes to get you the best result.

Regards

Rob

2800 FUE, Istanbul

Thank you all for your responses.

I have been told by some that i am not a HT candidate, and by others that i am. I have seen much worse cases than mine, and i do understand that i wont get full head of heir again, and that future hair loss will also happen, i wonder what my hairline and top will look like in 10 years time?

I also wonder if i could get 4000+ grafts to cover some in the crown, or get more coverage mostly in areas 2,3 and 4.

I have read that Dr Keser in Turkey is very good, or Dr Koray Erdogan, any opinions on these two?

And there is Dr Eser also in Turkey.

I simply think that $8-$15 per graft is way overpriced and in a way a rip off compared to some other countries like Turkey, and i have read and seen great results from there.

How are some clinics able to to 4000 grafts in one session and other limit theirs to 2000-2500 per session via FUE, some say having a days break in between causes more trauma as the healing process already starts after 24 hours, or is it because of the hours, limited working hours i mean?

Is it actually possible to get 4000+ grafts in one session done via FUE?

And how does the back of the head look one year from the HT, once cut to a size, do small scars remain visible?

Thank you all.

A lot of the 'max per day' graft numbers is based on the willingness of the team to work the hours!

A session of 4000+ grafts will take 10 hours minimum and there aren't many places that would do that, so they choose to break it up into 2 sessions.

The company i used, with Dr.Eser, won't do that. They strongly believe that a 2 day procedure causes too much trauma to the scalp and on day 2, the scalp is actually already healing. That is why they will do the procedure on one long day, regardless of the time it takes.

Mine was about 8-9hrs, but the guy who had his the same week i was there had just over 4,000 in one session which took almost 11hrs. Great stamina by the team there!!

Rob

2800 FUE, Istanbul