Traction alopecia in Sikh males is a common entity of hair loss in Punjab, India and in countries where Sikhs have migrated to- esp. in California, Vancouver, Toronto, New Zealand and Australia. Sikhism is a distinct Indian religion in which the male wears his hair unshorn and ties it as a top knot. Due to the constant pull on the hair strands, there is immense scarring and roots disappera over time leading to a broken hairline. Since this occurs in adolescent years, the patient is psychologically devastated if he now decides to cut his hair short in keeping with modern trends in Indian Society. Hair Transplant in such cases is a challenge due to a lot of scarring. Here I show a case done 5 months back and his result after just one session of dense packing.

5b32d570caf78_up(1).JPG.66689a282153c0e99565e358f3386d38.JPG

5b32d570e46b9_up(2).JPG.e4aa5d2f1e8e766c8180d571050d34d9.JPG

5b32d570f21aa_up(4).JPG.a9416ee8b7040384d38df0bfa1072690.JPG

5b32d5711e11d_up(3).JPG.ebc0d735874f6ba5ad4d1961d4ee2dc5.JPG

Dr. Bhatti,

Very interesting case! I've seen several restoration procedure performed on Sikh males with traction alopecia, and I'm glad to see you were able to help this individual.

Altogether, it's a very striking transformation; well done! However, it would be great to see some close up shots of the hairline.

Great work! Thanks for sharing.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• 3 years later...
Dear Dr Bhatti,

I have a very similar case, may I please know how many grafts were used for this case?

Hi hkuser,

About 2800 grafts were planted in this case. That said, every case is different. If you wish to get Dr. Bhatti's opinion in regards to your HT, I suggest that you email your pictures to him directly at dearbhatti@gmail.com

Dr. Bhatti responds to every email personally within a day or less.

I wish you all the best.

Best regards,

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.