FUE doctor...the final selections!

lukeyb1687

Hey everyone,

It's been a long time since I posted and thought I would update with my hair loss progress. I was on Finasteride for a while and decided to come off of it due to cystic acne breakouts, these have subsequently stopped since. I stuck with minoxidil and have started to add Saw Palmetto into my regime as a natural DHT blocker. Whilst on Fin I did notice some temple regrowth and also my hair in general became thicker, unfortunately for me though I hated the acne moreso then the hair loss.

A little about my background, I am 25 years old and noticed my hair loss really around 18-20. It started out with my temples and now is going through my frontal third. As an actor I have to keep my appearance up for casting. I have decided to go the FUE route as it will give me more diversity with hair styles then FUT. My father and his father are a NW 1.5 as are all my cousins, my maternal grandfather has a NW 6 and the same with my uncles on my mothers side. I understand that the MPB gene comes from the mother side (allegedly) and like the rest of you fund it unfair that you're the bald sheep of the family haha! I was born and raised in the UK and now I am living in Colorado, USA. I am looking to have my procedure around April/May 2013 (this will hopefully be when I have my 10 year green card, and will be able to leave the States for a couple of weeks).

The overall plan is to get something that is not going to look like a teenage hairline but something simmilar to Chris Hemsworth hair line, where it has a NW 1.5 look to it. That way as I grow older it will still suit. I understand that I will more then likely have to have another procedure later on, depending on the loss, but as of right now my scalp and crown have not suffered any (there is my cow's lick though :D)

I have been in contact with several clinics and have broken the list down to Dr. Keser of Derma Plast, Dr. Rahal of Rahal Transplant, Dr. Bisanga of BHR Clinic, & Dr. Feriduni of Dr Feriduni Hair Clinic. I just wanted to get your opinions and keep you all updated on my decisions and get your opinions, especially any of you that are close by that I can see your results in person. And I am open to suggestions of other doctors in case I have overlooked any doctors.

Hope you all have a great weekend!!!

IMG_0929.jpg.73f1efb4b5fd1e2861652ac359d00a7b.jpg

IMG_0930.jpg.f7f381c1aec02564a6f8bc6509502765.jpg

IMG_0932.jpg.7a046e86ea34ed09ee09940846908418.jpg

IMG_0936.jpg.dff107fed8bdd605cf23ead65bb54cbc.jpg

IMG_0937.jpg.c2645de4e6ef37b87ac7b9c8ebe8762d.jpg

IMG_0938.jpg.cde834c642201101eac66b8d10d7eee5.jpg

12/2017 - 3500 Grafts- Dr. Emrah Cinik

Follow my progress:

Lukey-

Hey buddy! Congrats on your decision for a hair restoration in early 2013. Your hair looks great as is, but as someone else with poor image, I understand the quest for perfection. With your current state of loss, it shouldn't take much to accomplish the look you had mentioned in your thread....and your decision to go the FUE route as an actor makes absolute sense!! ;)

Bummer that the Fin didn't act well with your body and your skin.....that's gotta be frustrating as fin is probably one of the best ways to stabilize the loss. Rogaine for me definitely only seemed to help in the crown area (understandably), but then again....my hair loss is way more advanced than yours.

It looks like you've narrowed it down to some of the most amazing and consistent surgeons, as is evident by the hundreds of testimonials and photos from this forum. Congrats on being able to feel confident that you're going to get a good result from whichever doctor you choose.

I just got my procedure from Dr. Rahal last week....so definitely way too early to share my result with you.....however, I did post a write-up of my experience with him and his clinic! I personally had an outstanding experience, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to others at this stage of the game! Likewise, I live in Northern Nevada here, so fairly close to you. Although I went the FUT route for my procedure (too much space to cover with FUE), hopefully I get some amazing final results that I can share with you in due time!

Anyhow, just saying "hello" here, and congrats again on deciding to take the plunge! Just out of curiosity, have you had a consultation with a hair restoration doctor before to see if you're an ideal candidate. Looks like you would be, and I imagine 25 years old is right around the age most would agree to do the procedure?! Feel free not to answer that, I was just wondering how far into the process you've made it, or if you are merely to the planning stage?!

Cheers,

Mike

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

Feriduni is great and actually takes time with patients and listens to what they have to say. He has a skype consult with me for exactly 31 minutes and i havent even paid a deposit yet. Answered my questions in full and had a very nice persona to him. Modest but confident and very honest.

Bisanga has some great fue result too although i have heard from people that he knows what he is going to do before the patient says a word. This could be hearsay however but it is common knowledge his consults dont go for long. Good results though, uses a manual punch like feriduni and de reys.

Keser is good for hairline and lower norwood catagories. Also look into dr lorenzo in spain, although he has a bit of a waiting list he is up there with the best in fue. He performs it exclusively just like dr de reys.

Thats all i can recommend for now. I personally prefer manual punches over the motorized varients that rahal, harris, feller etc use. With manual the doctor can feel when he is about the transect the hair so he then can adjust. Just my opinion. Let us know who you choose!

My vote is for Feriduni or Rahal. Both excellent FUE practitioners!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Luckey,

I haven't seen enough Rahal fue results to comment on him. I have had fue at BHR and would be happy to answer any questions that I can. Also, we're not very close geographically but if you are ever on the east coast, I would be happy to meet in person.

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

@Agenteye- Congratulation on your procedure with Dr. Rahal, I saw your postings and I am happy for you. Excited to see how everything comes along. I have not consulted in person with a physician yet, I know I should. So far I have been quoted 2000-2500 I would like to stick with closer to 2500 + to add the density I want, but all depends on my donor supply. I do have extremely thick hair at the back of my head so hopefully!!

@Mickey- I agree I prefer the manual punch rather then the motorized, I think Dr. Rahal is now using motorized correct? I have seen much better results with the manual punch, not to mention the punch size is smaller (even though it has more potential to do damage to the follicle, I feel that a skilled surgeon is much better then a machine)

@Future- Thank you for your recommendation

@Levrais- Thank you, if I am ever by the east coast I will shoot you a message and see if we can meet. Your results so far looked amazing too, if I remember right you had 4000 prior to this surgery correct? Minimal white dots as well from what I could see. Congratulations!!

12/2017 - 3500 Grafts- Dr. Emrah Cinik

Follow my progress:

[quote name=

@Levrais- Thank you, if I am ever by the east coast I will shoot you a message and see if we can meet. Your results so far looked amazing too, if I remember right you had 4000 prior to this surgery correct? Minimal white dots as well from what I could see. Congratulations!!

Yes 4,000 prior to this procedure. Good luck with your decision. I look forward to seeing what you ultimately decide.

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

Out of your narrowed down selection i would be happy to go with either Bisanga, Rahal or Feriduni as own they are all world class in my opinion and you won't go wrong with any of them.

Good luck dude not that you will need it.

2 poor very poor UK ht's

2 world class repairs with Shapiro Medical Group

original thread

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...d.php?t=134995

Dr Paul's procedure http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1710

Dr Ron's procedure

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1128

Honestly I would go to Feriduni or Bisanga as im more into manual FUE and do not trust any robots or drills in this method. Bisanga is more experienced with more documented FUE results but i would lean more to Feriduni as he is recommended in IAHRS and he is a coalition Doc in HTN plus has great bedside manners.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

• 3 weeks later...

Keep us updated!!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Dr. Bisanga is recently recommended in IAHRS along with Feriduni so just toss a coin and you wont go wrong with any. I just lean more to Feriduni, I heard in many forums that Dr. Feriduni is one of the few doctors that other hair transplant doctors would trust their head with him if ever they thought of a hair transplant plus he has very active reps (Cristian and Daphne) that you will feel you are getting a 5 star customer service where Bisanga is depending on one part timer :-)

My Hair Treatments:

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

I think you will be fine with any of them but I would be more reserved towards using Dr Keser than the other 3 as there is not as much known about Dr Keser in comparison to the other 3 surgeons listed.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Hi Hariri

I can't speak for the other several reps listed on BHR website , but I know the UK rep is certainly not part time, especially from my experience, in that he answers emails 7 days a week and at any time, and I think this is also the experience of others when I read about the customer service they also have received

Was there any reason you say they only have a part time rep? Was that your experience?

all the best

ej

ej, I meant reps who work in the clinic daily and available to speak with anytime during working hours. That is what I meant...

My Hair Treatments: