2 days post op 1,500 FUE- Dr. Feller of Great Neck, NY

Originally posted by John Malloy:

Hi everyone,

I'm a little confused. After reading this post, it appears that one can have a ht and then buzz their hair with a natural look.(besides the scar) But, just the other day johnboy titled a post " at what density can one sport a buzz cut". The responses basically say it's near impossible. So can someone clarify this for me. I'm asking because while my ht is not bad at all, thank you dr. Feller. It is still not what I expected, and I'm seriously considering tattooing the scar, and supporting a buzz cut.

A little help please?

John,

Anyone can buzz their hair, it's just a matter of how much scarring will show and what each patient is comfortable with. Nobody can guarantee you whether you have FUT or FUE that shaving completely down won't show some evidence of scarring. However, many patients do have the ability to shave down pretty far without signs of scarring showing through.

Best wishes,

Bill

Thank you John. I have never taken my hair below a grade 6 myself so I think mine should be fine. I appreciate scars do vary as skin varies from individual to individual. I looked at your pictures of your repair. Sorry to see you had to go through that before meeting dr feller. Hope eveything is better now.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

hello spex !!

Since I would like to do a fue transplant in the front and continue to go with buzz hair this case is very interesting me.

Do you have pictures of the donor area with hair shaved because my fear is if would be visible scars With buzz hair.

And if you have more updates and whether the transplant was successful?

Thanks

Amazing results. Do not see any sign

Write this new development invented by Dr. Feller ,Do you know of such results also for example hdc,dr bisanga,dr keser Or thay have scars or holes.

Can you send me some more pictures and updates to my email dnuriel6@gmail.com

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Thank you.

In this particular case there really is almost absolutely no sign of any surgery having been performed. HOWEVER, that doesn't mean the little dots aren't there. If this patient were to shave his head with a bic razor and stand in the sun for a little while the white dots representing the little scars of FUE would probably become alot more visible. This must be kept in mind for all FUE patients.

BEWARE, FUE is NOT scar free surgery. That is a MYTH. In fact, FUE produces far more scarring than strip surgery, it's just not concentrated into a line. FUE is a fantastic procedure, but remember that it also has it's limitations. Read, research, and learn about FUE online but avoid the HYPE and the HYPERS!!!!!

Proper technique on the part of doctor and staff, as presented in these patients above, is a good first step toward cosmetically significant results, but remember, again, it's up to the physiology of each individual paitent to do the rest. Excellent technique does not guarantee excellent growth. It's painful, but it's also a truth of ANY cosmetic surgery that must be acknowledged and accepted before going for it.

Dr. Feller

Strip and FUE surgery

Edited by Dr. Alan Feller

1500 in 4.5 hours

Thats amazing work

I have a question for Doctor Feller or anyone who can answer this... Do you do all the graft removal yourself or do the technicians do that and you only make the incisions.

Edited by TakingThePlunge

I looked into this a while back and I'm sure I read that it is common practice. It would be sickeningly taxing on the Dr if they were to create all of the punch holes then have to remove every single graft.Hopefully this will be confirmed..

Absolutely confirmed, Pablo.

FUE is very exhausting, as are strip megasessions, which is why your doctor needs to work with a team.

There are two main stages of FUE. The first is scoring around the graft with a punch or punch-like tool at the right angle and depth. The second is the application of traction to remove the graft. Both require alot of practice to get the hang of, but in my opinion, the scoring part is by far the harder one, so that's probably the part you want your doctor doing.

No need to worry about a technician removing the grafts, however. If you think about it, ALL graft preparation is performed by techs in strip surgery and the success of this procedure is well known.

The key to a good transplant clinic is not only the presence of ALOT of techs who work everyday, but consciencious ones who are naturally patient in their attitude and meticulous in their work. A good tech "feels" their way through a procedure, and should have no problem with extracting FUE grafts.

All the best,

Dr. F

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...

this update looks ace , no hinding behind bad lighting or comb overs here !

A totally natural result , a credit to Dr Feller , this is the exact reason I'm going back to him to have my own hair line done .

nice one

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

• 3 weeks later...