Stopping the genetical hairfall after the surgery.

TheHairy

Hi there,

i'm planning to hair transplant next week from Dr. Feinberg. I have a doubt, hope some one can help me with this.

after the surgery, we will get new hair, but the genetical pattern will go on. We may lose original hair, so after many years only the transplanted hair will stand and other hair will fall down.That will look weird. How can we stop this genetical hair fall after the procedure?

Thanks in advance.

Hi there,

i'm planning to hair transplant next week from Dr. Feinberg. I have a doubt, hope some one can help me with this.

after the surgery, we will get new hair, but the genetical pattern will go on. We may lose original hair, so after many years only the transplanted hair will stand and other hair will fall down.That will look weird. How can we stop this genetical hair fall after the procedure?

Thanks in advance.

Finasteride and minoxidil for the rest of you life, simple as that :)

to retain your existing hair - minoxidil and finasteride can help. whether you want to get on those drugs should be a decision you need to make after putting in some thoughts. some of the things below might provide you some ideas to start thinking along on those lines.

your normal balding will progress regardless of your HT. so you are right that after several years your transplanted hair will remain, but native hair will fall out in balding area. all people bald differently - some get to the most advanced balding and some dont get anywhere that far. while you cannot always predict that, you can "guess" by looking at your dad / uncle(s) / grandfather on your dad's side and see how far they got to. you are likely to go through that (but not necessarily).

now you put that into consideration and then think about what your goals are? have a full head of hair all your life and / or what will you be happy to commit to in this regard - time / effort / money etc

some people will have 3-4-5 and many more procedures, while some may only go for one.