Hair Transplant Experience with Dr. Glenn Charles

Irishman

I underwent a hair transplant with Dr. Glenn Charles one month ago for my hair loss. I'm 26 years old and had experienced quite a bit of hair loss in the previous three years in the crown region and particularly in the frontal, hair-line area. The loss of my hairline was what bothered my the most and that was the area I wanted to address.These forums were a massive help to me in finding a competent and trustworthy surgeon. I complied a list of surgeons around Europe and the United States and tried to make contact with each of them to discuss my hair loss situation before I decided on a surgeon. Without question the best advice I received was from Dr. Charles. I live in Ireland and Dr. Charles was kind enough to speak to me well in advance to discuss my treatment options, something that many other surgeons were not willing to do.

Given how impressed I was with my initial meeting with Dr. Charles and the service I received from Maureen, one of his secretaries, I decided to travel from Dublin to Florida to have my surgery (alright, lets be honest that's not a bad deal!). The entire process was hugely positive. Dr. Charles and his entire staff were a delight to deal with. Dr. Charles put me completely at ease prior to the surgery as I knew exactly what to expect. More than anything, I couldn't express strongly enough how wonderful his entire team of nurses were. The procedure itself was surprisingly comfortable and even enjoyable (yes, enjoyable!). I had expected quite a bit of discomfort but had consoled myself with the thought that a day of pain and discomfort would be worth it in the long run, but in actuality I actually enjoyed the day!

The surgery itself went extremely well. Dr. Charles and I had agreed that 1,500 grafts would be sufficient to restore my lost hairline and replace the thinning in the frontal region. Dr. Charles ended up placing over 1,900 grafts as substantially more hair was present in the donor region than expected. Dr. Charles was generous enough to provide the additional 400 free of charge which I was extremely grateful for, needless to say.

The truth is I was fairly apprehensive travelling from Ireland to Florida to undergo the surgery but it was truly a great experience. Boca Raton where Dr. Charles is based is a really beautiful part of the world and I was sorry that I couldn't spend more time there. As I said earlier, I've also experienced hair loss in my crown region and I fully intend on returning to Dr. Charles in the future to fix that problem.

All I can say is that if you are considering undergoing a hair transplant I highly recommend that you consider Dr. Charles.

Sincerely,

Philip

Hi Philip,

Thanks for the write up. Hope you can keep us updated on your progress with some pics along the way. Congrats on your procedure.

Dr. Charles is an awesome surgeon AND human being! I am always impressed by his work, and it looks as if you are also going to have a great result!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Philip,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. Dr. Charles has a well-deserved reputation as one of the best. Please do continue to update us and share some photos so we can follow your hair restoration journey.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website