• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Scar looks good with a 3 grade Iamx121.

Don't start doing heavy weights such as shrugs at 5/6 weeks like I did.:) I possibly may have stetched my scar.

Keep us posted.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

• 2 months later...

5 MONTH UPDATE

I haven't posted anything on here for three months so I thought I'd better pull my finger out and update.

Hair seems to be coming on really well. Although I can't really see any new hairs coming through my hair looks and feels so much better.

I had my hair cut number two yesterday at the back. As you can see by the photos you can still quite clearly see the scar with my hair that short.

I feel confident again with my hair. I don't have to spend 20 minutes in front of the mirror any more trying to move my hair around so it looks alright.

Looking forward to the next 6 months.

IMG_1449.JPG.b5d9b740b70e36e35db978075aa5f0d0.JPG

IMG_1456.JPG.995a88b56bbacf17916d3dc569ea5862.JPG

IMG_1457.JPG.8c2425f8762882dd2e3acaddb4e67d01.JPG

IMG_1458.JPG.7e97f0de6f14e27412b11fa75d241af7.JPG

IMG_1463.JPG.4796eb6256e5a985e5c3c82f65cd55e9.JPG

IMG_1464.JPG.080cc08d459fa398a941b75a042a1717.JPG

IMG_1465.JPG.5c1fdeae9c20993e32d6db6a3059a585.JPG

IMG_1466.JPG.aa2539f4f330e8579fd82d7652e8c10a.JPG

IMG_1467.JPG.06297b0c7901208eac4c802332f1e270.JPG

Your hair is looking really good Iamx121.

5 months is early. Will be in for more growh and maturing.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Looks absolutely incredible mate! You must be beyond thrilled....and still have lots of growth and maturing ahead of you in the months to come!! Seems to me your trip to the US was a VERY good investment indeed. Can't wait to see your next update!! Congratulations!!!

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

Thanks for the kind words. It has given me so much more confidence. I'm happy now at the five months stage. I definitely have more hair at the front than I did before I had the procedure done.

So anything from here on in will be a bonus.

Congratulations! From the pictures, it looks like you have nearly the greatest hair possible at your age, even at this stage yet!

Remember how you introduced yourself only moths ago? "Please help a depressed man" "Well it's got to the point with my hair that I’m so low on confidence that I so want to restore my hair to get my life back."

How do you feel about that now, if I may ask? Has the result met your expectations so far?

Congratulations! From the pictures, it looks like you have nearly the greatest hair possible at your age, even at this stage yet!

Remember how you introduced yourself only moths ago? "Please help a depressed man" "Well it's got to the point with my hair that I’m so low on confidence that I so want to restore my hair to get my life back."

How do you feel about that now, if I may ask? Has the result met your expectations so far?

Thanks. Yes, it's getting harder to remember how I worried everyday about my hair. Just need to find myself a new woman now :)

I had a bald bit in the front of my hairline since I was a kid as I smacked my head against a wall. The last few years that area has got thinner and thinner as the rest of my hair got thinner. Even that area looks better than it ever has since I had that accident.

My hair isn't really thick at the front, but I wasn't expecting it to be.

It looks very natural for someone who is 42.

So far, yes, very happy.

42?!?! Wow, doesn't look like it at all from your photos. Maybe it's that new head of hair of yours, but I think you look great.....finding a new woman should be a piece of cake now. 5 months still means you're going to thicken up A LOT, so don't think you've seen the end result. I am hitting 5 months next week. I am discouraged a bit about the thickness/density of my restoration, however the coverage has exceeded my expectations so far. Very happy for you! Try not to hit that new hair on anymore walls :-)

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

• 1 month later...

Well I'm coming up to 7 months and thought I'd do a quick update.

Not a great deal of change since my last update.

Very pleased with where I am currently.

Had a grade two at the back this week. Although you can see the scar a little at that length.

I still have less hair in the middle of the front where I have a scar. Although the density around it is so much better than before my HT.

IMG_1520.JPG.b9eff00e16fdc5fbd028c9dd52dea516.JPG

IMG_1521.JPG.469d548a11e14e4ad16d18ab4c52b271.JPG

IMG_1524.JPG.b1febccd3181aba3b6eab3d39966ff69.JPG

IMG_1525.JPG.ac12792a3399c19e6e48521136cbcfcc.JPG

Looks fantastic. And 42? Looks closer to 22!

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

• 2 weeks later...

Looking AWESOME buddy! Like the second picture with the spiked hair!! That's a good look for you! Bigger things to come still as your hair matures further, you must be beyond thrilled!!

Very impressive results! Nobody would ever guess that you ever suffered from hairloss!

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Well it's been 21 months since my visit to Dr Feller. I am still very happy with how my hair is. It's still very thick at the front. Maybe a very small loss of hair.

After taking finasteride for two years, I've decided now to stop.

I have been with my girlfriend for 15 months and it has seriously affected our sex life. I need to be happy and feel this is something I need to do.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there. I'm scheduled to have a strip procedure with dr feller on 8/26/14. I'm really nervous as I guess most ppl would be. Just wondering if you could offer me and words to reassure me that I'm in good hands. I can wear a hat to work so just wondering if you felt that was possible after 7 days. Thanks. Hope all is well

Scar looks good with a 3 grade Iamx121.

Don't start doing heavy weights such as shrugs at 5/6 weeks like I did.:) I possibly may have stetched my scar.

Keep us posted.

Chrisdav I've been following your results for quite a while now and I was wondering if you could offer me and words of reassurance. I have my procedure scheduled with dr feller on 8/26/14 and needless to say I'm very nervous. I'd like to know what you thought of the scar and if you have any regrets?? Thanks