1800 FUT with Dr Feller 22nd October

Iamx121

Well I suppose I can be thankful that I’m not off to New York this week with the threat of a hurricane. I hope this doesn't affect too many fellow transplant patients.

Having never flown to America before I was rather nervous beforehand just about getting there.

I arrived on the Sunday after a rather boring flight.

A nice quiet Sunday evening in my hotel, although I must admit I didn't get a great deal of sleep that night.

I was more worried about getting to Dr Fellers office on time and that everything will be ok.

I arrived in plenty of time and decided to go for a walk for a while.

I returned just before 7:45 and ventured into the building.

I was greeted by the very approachable and friendly Dr Feller.

We sat in his room for a few minutes, where we discussed my hopes and what he felt he could do for me.

After a few lines drawn on my head. I asked Dr Feller if the new hair line he had drawn on my head was not too high. I said to him that my original hairline was lower than he had drawn. He reassured me that everything would look fine and any existing hair that is lower than the new hairline would look very natural.

Next stop was the dentist chair and the strong smelling plastic covering of the chair.

A quick shave of the front and back of my head and we were ready to go.

Dr Feller started the dreaded injections in the back of my head. The first few injections were a little disturbing but no big deal. After my head began to react the rest of the injections were a piece of cake.

I didn't really ask too many questions on what was going on at the time as I didn't really want to know.

I was then stapled up and it was time to work front of my hair.

Another round of injections and a little rest time and it was time for Dr Feller to start the incisions into the area for the new hair. This seemed to take quite a while. Once this was all done it was time for his assistants to work their wonder adding the new grafts.

I did manage to doze off a couple of times, through the times when the water and saline was running down my face.

I was in the chair nearly four hours although it didn't seem that long.

I decided to go to the rest room and have a quick pit stop and check on my new look. Although it didn't look very sexy and was really pleased with the area that had been done. Dr Feller had filled the first inch of the front and gone further up in the temple area.

I had a quick chat with one if his assistants who gave me a list of do's and don’ts and what to expect the next few days.

A nice bit of lunch and then a quick chat with Dr Feller in his office. He gave me my lovely baseball and a few pills.

Not much to say about the next couple of days where I spent most of my time tucked away in my hotel room. The odd time venturing pout to get a bit of food.

Another long journey home. I was so glad to be home in familiar surroundings.

It's now been a week and I will be taking easy for another few days.

Hopefully start work again next Monday. I need to being self employed.

Not too much discomfort so far, although it's quite hard to sleep having staples in the back and sides of my head.

I think that's about it for now. I will post pictures of before and after in a few minutes.

Finally, i would like to say a big thanks to Spex. For making me feel at ease when I spoke to him on the phone. For the countless questions he answered over the last three months on email.

A big thank you to Dr Feller and his team. A great bunch of people who make you feel very welcome.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looking good Iamx121!

Think I was in the chair on the Friday before you so we're pretty much at the same stage.

Work looks good and is very similar to mine. Hope your healing well man.

I'm self employed too so can't take much time off either.

You had much pain in the donor area? I've had a fair bit there.

Taking the staples out tonight....ouch!

Good luck and happy growing.

I get de ja vu reading these posts about their experiences with Dr. Feller. I had a great experience there in July. I'm now 3 months 1 week and 3 days. It's funny how we're all on the same road. Good luck getting through the 'ugly duckling' phase.

The pics look great, I'm sure you'll have an awesome result!

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

Looking good Iamx121!

Think I was in the chair on the Friday before you so we're pretty much at the same stage.

Work looks good and is very similar to mine. Hope your healing well man.

I'm self employed too so can't take much time off either.

You had much pain in the donor area? I've had a fair bit there.

Taking the staples out tonight....ouch!

Good luck and happy growing.

Hi Arthur. I'm ok cheers.

Not really pain in the donor area. Just uncomforatble when i try to sleep.

Is most of your head still a little numb. My still is.

Good luck to you too.

I get de ja vu reading these posts about their experiences with Dr. Feller. I had a great experience there in July. I'm now 3 months 1 week and 3 days. It's funny how we're all on the same road. Good luck getting through the 'ugly duckling' phase.

The pics look great, I'm sure you'll have an awesome result!

Thanks for the reply.

Couple of questions you may or anyone might to able to answer.

Most of my head is still quite numb, apart from the sides. How long does that last?

Plus, how long does the area that has had the grafts generally stay red?

Thanks

Edited by Iamx121
spelling

Thanks for the reply.

Couple fo questions you may or anyone might to able to answer.

Most of my head is still quite numb, apart from the sides. How long does that last?

Plus, how long does the area that has had the grafts generally stay red?

Thanks

Hey man, your experience mimics mine with dr feller. And yes, you lucked out by having your ht last week as NYC today is a mess!

Your head will probably be numb for a little while longer. Once staples come out the discomfort pretty much goes straight away. You will still be numb in certain areas of your head but I wouldn't categorize it as painful or even discomfort. Just an odd feeling really. Your recipient area could be red for a couple months. I think it really depends on your skin tone, the lighter you are the redness will be around for longer. I was red for probably 2 months after surgery. I hope this helps and I hope you're recovering well. Good luck

Hey man, your experience mimics mine with dr feller. And yes, you lucked out by having your ht last week as NYC today is a mess!

Your head will probably be numb for a little while longer. Once staples come out the discomfort pretty much goes straight away. You will still be numb in certain areas of your head but I wouldn't categorize it as painful or even discomfort. Just an odd feeling really. Your recipient area could be red for a couple months. I think it really depends on your skin tone, the lighter you are the redness will be around for longer. I was red for probably 2 months after surgery. I hope this helps and I hope you're recovering well. Good luck

Cheers for the reply. Much appreciated

Honestly, mine is still red. It's faded a lot, but you can see the new hairline out of the redness. I expected it to be ages though, Dr Feller warned me of this due to my hair colour and skin colour.

I'm not too sure about the numbness, I don't think mine was too bad. A bit annoying with the sutures, but generally I felt fine. Ones those sutures come out it's a HUGE relief. Then it's just a case of waiting....and waiting....and waiting.

:)

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

Congratulations on your recent procedure. Everything is looking great, and its great news that you can already cover and hide the transplanted area. Very pleased for you. Heal and grow well! Good luck!

Nice little Dr Feller community of recent patients opened up on this thread. Just shows how great the man is. Good luck to all! Keep us updated!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

My head is ok for numbness. just the odd spot here and there.

My girlfriend has just taken my staples out, ouch indeed!

Thats been my main place of discomfort so I'm glad they're out now.

Redness is not too bad either.

Just need to sort out a decent combover and I'll be ready to go out without a hat!

Keep us updated man.

Yes i hear its a bit windy in NYC this week!

• 2 weeks later...

All coming along nicely. Had the staples taken out a few days ago. Apart from a few nips it wasn't too bad. Certainly makes sleeping alot easier.

The back of my head still feels a little tender but no real complaints. My hair at the front is coming along nicely. When i go out i hardly ever wear my beanie hat.

A little frustrating as i can't syle my hair the way i normamly do, but i know this will take another 2/3 months.

Looking forward to going back down the gym next week.

07112.jpg.fb4479bee15ce60f0742a03909a210b1.jpg

0711.jpg.ac9f53b3d10de0a7e1b8417d420714dc.jpg

Good pics man. How you getting on? Are you shedding yet?

I'm trying my best to forget about it but its harder than it sounds!

Hello mate. I'm alright most of the time. Every now and then get a bit cheesed off that i can't style my hair how i always do. Lucky we can do the comb over the front hey?!. Had a bit of shedding at the front but not much yet.

How about you?

Do you have any numbness in the front still?

Got a bit of numbness but nothing too major, my donor area is a bit sore tho and a bit bumpy in places, again tho nothing major.

I'm struggling with what I see at the moment. I can't make out if the hair at the front is my native hair or transplanted hair. I haven't seen hardly any shedding take place unless its happened without me noticing. Think I'm probably fussing too much, promised myself I wouldn't be like this!

Got a bit of numbness but nothing too major, my donor area is a bit sore tho and a bit bumpy in places, again tho nothing major.

I'm struggling with what I see at the moment. I can't make out if the hair at the front is my native hair or transplanted hair. I haven't seen hardly any shedding take place unless its happened without me noticing. Think I'm probably fussing too much, promised myself I wouldn't be like this!

Keep going mate. We've nearly done a month now. It is hard to tell what's the new and what's the old hair at the front. I have shed a bit more now, but not a great deal.

Well that's the first month out of the way.

The front part of my head is still numb and slight numbness and a little tender at the back of my head, but nothing that really bothers me.

It appears I have shed most of my new hairs now. If I look at the photos from today and two weeks ago, my hair now is a lot thinner at the front.

The bald bit where I had a scar in the centre of my forehead is clearly visibly again now.

It also looks slightly redder (more so in the pictures) than before, with the old spot now as well.

My hair length is starting to get on my nerves so I’m having my first trim tomorrow night. I would say my hair is at least 4 weeks longer than I normally have it.

5b32d564ef556_1month.jpg.22f722496fbf59bc512a333b02c11a22.jpg

5b32d56511aea_1month2.jpg.3ba944f62bd48b8d21710e5daaa6b06c.jpg

5b32d5652af4c_1month3.jpg.23029718aa32cc81801c151d588fba09.jpg

Its good to see your progress man, I've had my worries over the last week but over it now.

How are you getting on? Its like looking in a mirror image of my work looking at yours. Same amount of grafts in the same place, its good having someone else to look at, I think it helps the situation a little knowing someone else is going through exactly the same thing as you.

Have you had any problems? Hows your donor area? Mines a little tender still, other than that I'm ok.

Its good to see your progress man, I've had my worries over the last week but over it now.

How are you getting on? Its like looking in a mirror image of my work looking at yours. Same amount of grafts in the same place, its good having someone else to look at, I think it helps the situation a little knowing someone else is going through exactly the same thing as you.

Have you had any problems? Hows your donor area? Mines a little tender still, other than that I'm ok.

I'm ok mate. Get frustrated sometimes. Wish i could style my hair how i want. I suppose we have to realise it takes months.

Glad you feel less stressed about it now. Many more ups and downs to come i bet.

No other problems. Donor area a little tender like you, but no big deal.

• 1 month later...

Well, I must admit I did find the period between week 4 and 7 particularly hard.

I was getting frustrated and a bit down where many weeks had gone by where I couldn't style my hair how I wanted.

The last 10 days I have felt so much better as I can style my hair pretty much how I used to before the HT. Although the hair at the front isn't the same length as the top of my hair yet. I think that will take another 5/6 weeks yet.

Really pleased that you can’t see the scar after having a grade three at the back.

Looking forward to the coming months now.

5b32d5e97bf11_2months.jpg.7c18fc9140ba2aa646dcbd4d77f8dcd0.jpg

5b32d5e998a35_2months4.jpg.308a905a643287595e42317feec2ecce.jpg

5b32d5e9b30b9_2months2.jpg.209a7e0acf225fff108e3d079eca6166.jpg