Dr. Konior 3559 grafts frontal hairline

GBU

That is great early growth. I am really excited to see this result mature.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dr. K does no wrong. I'd recommend him to anyone, clearly another winner in the works.

I'm booked to meet him in late March. Looking forward to finding out what he thinks is possible with my hair!

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Dr Konior is awesome, and I have said that for a long time.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Looks terrific, GBU. Congrats.

I think one thing that isn't mentioned as often regarding Dr. Konior is the resulting (or, in my case, lack thereof) scar in the donor area. I had 1,159 FUT grafts with Dr. K at the end of September 2012, and by Christmas, not only could I barely find the scar, all numbness and sensitivity were completely gone as well.

The best advice I can give regarding pre-suture/staple removal donor scars is do *exactly* what your doc tells you to do. I followed Dr. K's post-op scar regimen diligently and, although the tremendous result is obviously in most part due to his technique, I was told that following the regimen was certainly beneficial to my healing, which aided in the fine aesthetic outcome.

Looks terrific, GBU. Congrats.

I think one thing that isn't mentioned as often regarding Dr. Konior is the resulting (or, in my case, lack thereof) scar in the donor area. I had 1,159 FUT grafts with Dr. K at the end of September 2012, and by Christmas, not only could I barely find the scar, all numbness and sensitivity were completely gone as well.

The best advice I can give regarding pre-suture/staple removal donor scars is do *exactly* what your doc tells you to do. I followed Dr. K's post-op scar regimen diligently and, although the tremendous result is obviously in most part due to his technique, I was told that following the regimen was certainly beneficial to my healing, which aided in the fine aesthetic outcome.

Iceaid any pics / story to share? Always keen to hear from Dr K's patients!

Icehaid, nice write up. And having consulted with Dr K over email, I found him to be every bit as considerate and dedicated as you have. Do you have any pics?

The file names tell the timeline. The last 2 photos were taken today, exactly 4 months post-surgery.

The skin on my scalp unfortunately is very pale and blotchy, which exacerbates the appearance of any blemishes. I had a few mini zits up there about a month ago and Dr. K suggested I use T-Sal shampoo a few times a week along with a more aggressive shampooing style (using the tips of my fingernails) to assure that all the hairs are able to get through. That method has worked well, although my skin still basically stinks. ;)

ImmedPostop.JPG.a5028de0ba95b7d82decabc736d7bfae.JPG

1DayAfter.jpg.6120c575df77ce73931182252528ff03.jpg

4monthsA.JPG.319c79b36d12b8eec0b628a4a5b97db0.JPG

4monthsB.JPG.ff4aa91dd34939d5bf8e597d8600c55f.JPG

Edited by icehaid

The file names tell the timeline. The last 2 photos were taken today, exactly 4 months post-surgery.

The skin on my scalp unfortunately is very pale and blotchy, which exacerbates the appearance of any blemishes. I had a few mini zits up there about a month ago and Dr. K suggested I use T-Sal shampoo a few times a week along with a more aggressive shampooing style (using the tips of my fingernails) to assure that all the hairs are able to get through. That method has worked well, although my skin still basically stinks. ;)

Icehaid, looks great, super refined work as always from Konior and you can see the growth just starting to kick in. I think you're gonna be a very happy man in 4/5 months time. Please keep posting!

GBU sorry to hijack your thread. You can get it back on track with your next update ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Looks fantastic, as do so many of Dr. K's patients.

Edited by JohnnyDrama

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

• 2 months later...

Looks great. Very nice detail. As I have previously posted; I have booked my 2nd procedure with Dr. K for May 30th. He is truly Elite. If it is any comfort I had redness for a while that slowly went away for during the 9 months post-op. my skin pigmentation is similar to yours as well. Enjoy this time of growth and congrats!

He is truly Elite.

That sums up my experience with Dr. Konior as well. Great post. It's just great to hear that others have had the exact same positive experience AND results that Dr. Konior provides.

Sam Spade

View my HT photo album

Very satisfied customer of Dr. Konior, Chicago

FUT, 3950 grafts, June 2012

Message me if you have any questions regarding my experience or Dr. K.

Dr. Konior is and will always be the BEST FUT Surgeon in USA. Whats excately Dr. Konior's great yield secret? Really curious!

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Here I am 6 1/2 months later and way ahead of my expectations with growth and the hairline image . I'm amazed how different I look and the sharpness of the temple points . When friends and aquaintances see my they remark how good I look and ask if I've been working out .

Dr Konior , I wanted the best in the world and I couldn't have picked a better doctor .

5b32d869a112c_IMG_2984-Copy.jpg.b6a178baee10ba2a4bde033752c9470e.jpg

5b32d869b0c95_IMG_2986-Copy.jpg.0b90cb8696c8a64f9ccc562d41eba205.jpg

5b32d86a496cd_IMG_2988-Copy.JPG.b122a96d13658cd4bfa37701353a2fe3.JPG

5b32d86a62472_IMG_2989-Copy.JPG.3188e8a13794e7052eecf1046fcf73ca.JPG

Amazing change since you last posted!

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Impressive GBU.

Great to hear you are getting compliments.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

I looked at your profile. Are you really 52/53 yrs old? If so, you have a killer head if hair. Looks great. The temple points are killer too.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Jingle. I love my new hair. I didn't get much in the way of pinkness and I always comb my hair to the side. I don't think I look good with the straight back look and don't wear my hair like that. The donor scar is a non-issue. Try finding it. I certainly can't take a picture of it. I would be happy to try and meet up with you if you come out to Chicago. I'm not a techie and so I'll have Dr. Konior take pictures on my follow-up. I couldn't be happier with his work and can tell you that he is one of the absolute best. Thanks for the interest, buddy.

• 1 month later...

Here's 10.5 months. I actually have a hairline. What Dr. Konior was able to do with so little is truly impressive. Again, had I known about him in the mid-1990, there's no telling how much different I could have looked. Oh well, better to have found him late than never.

I'm massaging the hell out of my scalp daily in hopes of getting one more semi-decent yield out of this tight scalp. ;-)

photo.JPG.9616bde3074d944a5c082496152dd014.JPG