4000+ FUE grafts possible?feasible?sensible? Please suggest!

shane13

Donor looks ok to me. You could get 3,000 grafts FUE I would think. Not sure about 4,000 unless you want to eliminate shaving down to a grade 2 or less. But a good Doctor will know more than me.

Thanks bro! Your estimate is correct.

The doc said that I have around 3000 grafts in my donor. So he suggested me to utilize 1500 of those and use 500 from the beard for good density in the front. The other 1500 from the scalp can be used for the crown at a later stage.

Cheers!

Thanks bro! Your estimate is correct.

The doc said that I have around 3000 grafts in my donor. So he suggested me to utilize 1500 of those and use 500 from the beard for good density in the front. The other 1500 from the scalp can be used for the crown at a later stage.

Cheers!

:)

Thought so. The hair toward the bottom of the 'donor' area is usually thinner for everyone so Doctors generally avoid harvesting from there anyway unless they use it for hairline work. It is also more susceptible to the effects of DHT but some Doctors still use it. Everything in your DHT resistant zone looks fine however. You could push for more than 3,000 later but it could be patchy. Best to play it safe.

EDIT:

Be cautious about using beard hair in the frontal hairline man. Those hairs are usually 3 times thicker than scalp hair so they will stand out. Just a warning.

:)

EDIT:

Be cautious about using beard hair in the frontal hairline man. Those hairs are usually 3 times thicker than scalp hair so they will stand out. Just a warning.

Sure, I'll keep that in mind and doubly check with the doc on this before the HT. I am guessing he'll not use it for the hairline but scatter them over the frontal third to increase density.

Thanks for your support.

Cheers!

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

I am leaving tommorrow morning for Chandigarh for the scheduled approx. 2000 FUE with Dr.Bhatti. I am quite confident and sure that I will be in good hands.

I'll keep everyone updated on my experience and further progress.

Wish me luck! :)

shane13

Hi,

Got my HT done with DR. Bhatti yesterday to restore my hairline with approx. 2150 FUE grafts. The experience was pleasant and I'll be shortly writing a detailed write-up on the same,

Going to him again for a headwash in a few hours and final post-op counselling,

Cheers!

Dear members,

I am 30 yrs old and want your help to let me decide between a FUT or a FUE proceudre.

Initially I was sure of FUE but then research indicated that FUT would be better for my case (large session) and now again leaning back towards FUE especially after hearing of large impressive FUE sessions like johnny24 (http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/167897-hair-transplant-dr-tejinder-bhatti-darling-buds-chandigarh-india.html). :confused: One of the leading FUE surgeons has confirmed to me as well that he can do a 4000+ FUE single session (over 2 days) for complete coverage. :)

I cannot afford to take any meds with side-effects (fin etc.) at this stage. Also, I am thinking more from a long-term perspective of keeping some donor grafts for any future requirement incase of further progressive balding.

Please do suggest as I want to book my HT soon and get it done within this year in India.

Eagerly awaiting your responses.

My pics are here: Hair Restoration Social Network - Hair Loss Patient Blogs

Cheers!

Hello Shane,

This seems to be an inordinatly large session for FUE surgery, this type of procedure is far more tedious and time consuming when done properly and I cannot see the practicality of taking that option or finding very many reputable surgeons who would attempt it in a single procedure. These type of "Gigosessions" which our office performs a good deal of are more suited for "Strip Method" procedures because the process supports more efficient harvesting of donor hair and a team of HT Medical techicians to support the surgeon. On average a top level technician can support the surgeon in placing at about 500 grafts per person. This gives you an idea of how it all works. In FUE this level of assistance is not possible. All the Best, Michael

Michael James is a Patient Advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi, who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network; and not a physician. Visit Us On: Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | LinkedIn

Comments give here are only for intellectual consideration and in no manner to be construed or accepted as medical advice. It is important to seek the advice of a physician in all medical circumstances including hair restoration, dietary or others directly or indirectly related to the subjects in this forum

Hi,

Got my HT done with DR. Bhatti yesterday to restore my hairline with approx. 2150 FUE grafts. The experience was pleasant and I'll be shortly writing a detailed write-up on the same,

Going to him again for a headwash in a few hours and final post-op counselling,

Cheers!

Congrats, Shane! Really looking forward to the updates.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Congrats, Shane! Really looking forward to the updates.

Thanks Blake!

My HT experience and pics are here> http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/168700-2151-fue-grafts-dr-tejinder-bhatti-darling-buds-%96-23rd-dec-2012-a.html

Hey Shane,

I had 5000 grafts done in an FUE with Dr De Reys in Belgium. Definitely a top surgeon and also...a nice price. He won't overcharge because he works in a small team with his wife who's a nurse. He doesn't have to meet all the overheads that other docs do.

Anyway, here's my journal. Judge for yourself and don't believe everything you read in the forums. Good luck!

Will

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/165487-5000-fue-dr-de-reys.html

Hello Shane,

This seems to be an inordinatly large session for FUE surgery, this type of procedure is far more tedious and time consuming when done properly and I cannot see the practicality of taking that option or finding very many reputable surgeons who would attempt it in a single procedure. These type of "Gigosessions" which our office performs a good deal of are more suited for "Strip Method" procedures because the process supports more efficient harvesting of donor hair and a team of HT Medical techicians to support the surgeon. On average a top level technician can support the surgeon in placing at about 500 grafts per person. This gives you an idea of how it all works. In FUE this level of assistance is not possible. All the Best, Michael

he has already stated that he is not interested in an ear to ear scar. just because ur office Dr. cant do it doesnt mean others cant. thats quite a big ASSumption ur makn there considering beard and body hairs can be utilized as well.

and not to mention Dr. Bhatti has already done 4000 grafts from the head alone so ur NOT possible comment isnt even close.....:rolleyes: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/167897-hair-transplant-dr-tejinder-bhatti-darling-buds-chandigarh-india.html

Hey Shane,

I had 5000 grafts done in an FUE with Dr De Reys in Belgium. Definitely a top surgeon and also...a nice price. He won't overcharge because he works in a small team with his wife who's a nurse. He doesn't have to meet all the overheads that other docs do.

Anyway, here's my journal. Judge for yourself and don't believe everything you read in the forums. Good luck!

Will

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/165487-5000-fue-dr-de-reys.html

Thanks William.

I already underwent HT a fortnight back.

My journal is here: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...ec-2012-a.html

Cheers!

Thanks William.

I already underwent HT a fortnight back.

My journal is here: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...ec-2012-a.html

Cheers!

Cheers Shane; the results in your portfolio are good to see. Wishing all the best on this changes in your HT. All the Best, Michael

Michael James is a Patient Advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi, who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network; and not a physician. Visit Us On: Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | LinkedIn

Comments give here are only for intellectual consideration and in no manner to be construed or accepted as medical advice. It is important to seek the advice of a physician in all medical circumstances including hair restoration, dietary or others directly or indirectly related to the subjects in this forum

Cheers Shane; the results in your portfolio are good to see. Wishing all the best on this changes in your HT. All the Best, Michael

Thanks Michael..... keeping my fingers crossed

Shane, I have had both FUT and FUE. I personally found FUE much more civilized and non invasive a procedure (apart from the head shaving before surgery). I had a 2000 FUE procedure over two days, 6 months ago so I would say the two day procedure is correct procedure for such a large amount of grafts. It is less traumatic for the patient and it is a very detailed procedure for 4000 follicles that requires intense concentration by any FUE surgeon. For your reference I had 2000 FUT strip, unsuccesful (Prestige Clinic, Wroclaw, Poland) and 2000 FUE (resulting in 4929 hairs transplanted) by Dr Flavio Barsali at transplantecapilar clinic in Lisbon Portugal. My second procedure is still a work in progress but I can say that I am comfortable with the progressive growth so far. I have never taken Finisteride or Rogaine. I take saw palmetto, egg white protein powder for the amino acid complex, a multivitamin, vitamin D and DMAE supplement on various days of the week and I also leave shea butter (pure organic and Argan oil in my scalp overnight for the moisturizing and hair strengthening properties. So If you wish to go natural then you have the right to choose to do so. All the medications have side effects (apart from hair growth or maintenance of existing hairs). Finisteride I have read some very frightening accounts of from users in particular. Hope that helps you make an informed decision.

FUE v FUT isn't something I'm qualified to speak about, pros and cons to both, but from what I've read it seems FUT is probably better for bigger cases.

...and I had a transplant with Dr. Feller....what a co-incidence!

I have been talking with various doctors where people need 4000 or more grafts and wanted ONLY the FUE procedure done. Opinions are varying among doctors few of them pretty sure of not doing more than 2000 to 2500 grafts per session and the next session needs minimum of 3.5 months gap to get good results. On the other hand I have doctors doing 2500 grafts session per day. Is this the right approach and how good would the results be. I need some expert advise as I have many a patients visiting my website and I do not want to give any wrong opinion.

Thanks

Davi