Hair Transplant with Dr Tejinder Bhatti of Darling Buds, Chandigarh India

johnny24

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding the OP. This looks amazing really, especially considering your preop stage of loss.

Is it normal to see such fast growth in FUE? I know FUE has better healing times, but this much growth is amazing.

EDIT: Also, you have started looking like a Jersey Shore dude.

Edited by KO

Hey Samuel,

First and foremost, India is known for very affordable medical tourism. That's how I began my search, looking at clinics in Thailand and India. Everything included, I paid a little over US $5000, whereas in western countries the same procedure would have been around 15-20K.

So if getting it done cheap is your priority, I'd recommend a country like India.

• 4 months later...

hi johnny im thinking about getting dr bhatti to do mines, seeing your results makes me feel alot easier about this choice. I just have a few questions for u if u do t mind answering. After the procedure are u take fin along with rogaine? im leaning toward with just using rogaine kinda iffy about fin.

Hey Guys,

I'm really sorry about not keeping consistent updates on the forum. I have been really busy with work and life in general, and I have neglected updating my thread. However, I've learnt so much on this journey to hair restoration so far that I feel the need to share it with others in the hair loss community...

It hasn't just been a change in appearance. From the beginning it’s been an emotional roller coaster. Losing so much hair at such a young age takes its toll on a young adult. Avoiding social situations, and feeling withdrawn and reserved was normal. I tried anything possible not to draw attention to myself. Hair loss in general is a very confronting issue. It’s not easy talking to other people about it.

Raise your hands if after catching up with a friend with whom you haven't seen in a while, the first thing they say is "man your losing hair", or "Jeez you’re going bald." Hands up if you've wanted to punch them in the face afterwards! Like as if you haven't noticed, or you don't own a mirror, or you live in a cave and haven't seen your own reflection for a while.

The market is flooded with 'hair loss solutions', many of which I have tried and tested, with little to no success. I'm not dismissing the use of those products. To many hair loss sufferers they offer much value, however in my case the benefit was minimal if anything at all. There could be multiple factors contributing to the thinning, and from the experience I've had chatting to different people on this forum, more often than not it comes down to the individual.. this is where I started looking for a permanent solution. Not long into my research I discovered Dr Tejinder Bhatti...

I’m not good with names. But this man’s name I will not forget anytime soon. One would describe him as a busy man, and straight to the point but what a humble and well informed guy he is. What makes him so fascinating is that I don’t think he entirely understands the massive positive effect he has on people's lives.

I consulted by phone and internet with multiple Hair Transplant surgeons in different countries, and the majority of them insisted I undergo the FUT method of hair transplantation. What I could not understand is why someone would want a scar the size of a ruler at the back of their head? It didn’t make sense to me. Dr Bhatti on the other hand recommended the FUE method. He explained to me the benefits of the FUE method over the other options (which he has performed in his surgery). In my opinion the FUE method was less invasive and less noticeable so it would be the obvious option. This along with the results that I have achieved makes me wonder why all surgeons aren’t performing it. It is for the above that I declare him a pioneer in his trade.

Unlike people that I know who have undergone the procedure, I have no issue discussing my hair transplant; I tell anyone who brings up the topic of hair loss. I believe that’s reflective of the success of my procedure. I still have another procedure with Dr Bhatti to complete my crown which I will be undertaking hopefully in the next 12 months. In the interim, I will be dedicating a lot of my time to helping out others who are seriously considering hair transplantation, and just need some guidance or support. I’m ecstatic at the number of people who have undergone the procedure as a result of my input and contribution. And it’s great to hear that so many of you have followed me on my hair loss journey and given feedback to Dr Bhatti..Overall, it is a big step, but well worth it.

My goal is to assist as many people as possible, especially guys my age that have really been impacted by hair loss. Just know that it’s not a one way street anymore. There is a practical and affordable solution that isn’t just available to the rich and famous or those with plenty of money.

Feel free to email me at john_hasrouny@hotmail.com or contact me via private message on this forum. I will aim to reply within 24 hours (I’ve said that before, but now I mean it!!)

Now for some photos, this is 1 year and 3 months since my surgery. I’m interested in all feedback positive and negative.

20130930_081747.jpg.9039fc5b4f48b382b4fda87352ee87d4.jpg

20130930_081755.jpg.950a68e82e2a236fe089aacc09caac60.jpg

20130930_081758.jpg.2b1a6ceabadf62fa9ea6d020304d8e70.jpg

20130930_081801.jpg.713ec486ead77b33fc88967ac72d3d10.jpg

20130930_081806.jpg.aa709ee24cb2bbb6167c3daf675f97a0.jpg

20130930_081820.jpg.34fbece8bcb2c45853464527f175c3c0.jpg

20130930_081822.jpg.903b223917146cd49d4612ef9c0310cf.jpg

20130930_081957.jpg.eeef9c470217fc35a974932054dd0744.jpg

20130930_071110.jpg.4e6a9e6ab27dba04e09b3bfaafc6279f.jpg

20130930_071112.jpg.ef74cc21e46c080be898604658891a20.jpg

20130930_081941.jpg.ec452d170f018a9179ea0359737ba630.jpg

20130930_081822(0).jpg.8d89ae4a0094559ca39b501088c3a97e.jpg

Edited by johnny24

I have also added a few general photos of myself as I think it’s important to show how other people see me now and not just close up photos of my hair. When I look back at photos when I bald I am so shocked at how much this transplant has changed my entire look. I believe I look healthier and younger.

5b32db339b2c1_photo1(1).JPG.0b8d2e1c085ca7a45af4b090337d0f45.JPG

5b32db33b6072_photo2(1).JPG.3de50a3a191e7988acf1760f04a276cf.JPG

5b32db33d2046_photo2.JPG.8393865091b4d0c5565ddb830529daae.JPG

5b32db33dffcb_photo3(1).JPG.b64d9b12a15a0c0ea8e0ca10b6cda19d.JPG

5b32db33ecbf5_photo3.JPG.906a8158802410e0d30fcabece115abf.JPG

5b32db34071b0_photo4(1).jpg.9d6784b432601eee03b6e10f5a5e7d99.jpg

5b32db341c9f2_photo4.JPG.575ba836e34766f2f49a23a034de40be.JPG

5b32db342b40a_photo5.jpg.8a58fb6fbbf4e29269ec87f12ac1204f.jpg

5b32db3448935_photo3(2).JPG.4c36c5a708497b28e9c075b3f4182c81.JPG

I have also added a few general photos of myself as I think it’s important to show how other people see me now and not just close up photos of my hair. When I look back at photos when I bald I am so shocked at how much this transplant has changed my entire look. I believe I look healthier and younger.

Hi Johnny24,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful results and thanks for a detailed write up. Your hair looks amazing. I am very happy for you. You seem to echo the feelings of all of Dr. Bhatti's patients. Great results, excellent service and happy patients. Before I got my HT done by Dr. Bhatti, I reached out to about 10 of his patients from different corners of the world. I was amazed to find out that all of them had wonderful things to say about Dr. Bhatti's as a Surgeon and as a human being.

Doctor Bhatti got formally recommended by IAHRS yesterday. Good to see that he is finally getting the well earned credit and recognition.

Thanks,

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Hey Johnny, you are my inspiration mate. if it wasn't for you and Dr Bhatti i think i would be still feeling like shit... you photos look outstanding. Dr Bhatti and I have often spoken about where is Johnny gone? glad to see your back on line and thanks heaps for the updates

June 2013 - 3000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2013 - 1000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2015 - 785 FUE Dr Bhatti

Dr. Bhatti's Recommendation Profile on the Hair Transplant Network

My story and photos can be seen here

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Sethticles/

California

Thats excellent news! Hard work, dedication and passion is what got Dr Bhatti to where he is now. Im really happy for him and that is just another honour to add to his existing accolades. Its about time he got some formal recognition for helping so many people.

Sethticles

Mate your not alone. What a journey its been my friend. But let me tell you that its only uphill from here, couldnt have put it better, no more feeling like 'shit' thats old news. Looking forward to seeing your updates!

Hi Johnny24. I just joined this forum today. Read through your threads and found the results very encouraging. Reaching out to Dr. Bhatti's office now to check availability. Would you mind sharing the cost of the actual procedure (for your 4000 grafts) excluding travel, lodging etc.

Thank you so much.

Dr Bhatti rates around approximate here,

4000 fue - $1.30 USD per graft - $5200

accom & flights & Visa - approx $1500

total around $6500 - $6700

The Altius Hotel (where you stay $40 per night) is really nice, about 10mins in the car to the clinic, Dr Bhatti arranges picks ups from Hotel Airport etc, the driver is great lad. Chandigarh is along way from Dehli, 5-6 hours by car, or 1 hour by plane, I suggest booking the domestic transfer, extra $100 return

this video explains the whole trip, its exactly what happens,

**outside link removed**

Edited by Future_HT_Doc

Hey your pics look great.*

I'm going to have an FUE done by Dr. Bhatti in 2 weeks, probably around 4000 grafts.

I was wondering if you could give me any advice/expectations for the first 2 weeks post-operation. I have to return to work 5 days after the procedure, and am hoping my scalp will appear somewhat normal by then.*

Alright thanks for anything you can tell me. I definitely appreciate it. Take care.

David

Hi David, Dr Bhatti is great you won't regret, 5 days you will probably still want to take a sicky, 4000 is a massive wak to your head and you will only want to avoid outdoors and contact with people, you will need to wear a daggy cap supplied by the clinic, you cannot have sun on your head for 3 weeks, there is daily treatment too for the first 14 days, if you can arrange not to go to work I would. Needless to say, enjoy your trip all the best

California

Thats excellent news! Hard work, dedication and passion is what got Dr Bhatti to where he is now. Im really happy for him and that is just another honour to add to his existing accolades. Its about time he got some formal recognition for helping so many people.

Sethticles

Mate your not alone. What a journey its been my friend. But let me tell you that its only uphill from here, couldnt have put it better, no more feeling like 'shit' thats old news. Looking forward to seeing your updates!

im so happy for ya mate, looks awesome, you just look so happy.... :)

Congrats johnny, we have been missing you on the forum ;-) And yes, like Sethticles, I have also had this conversation with Dr. Bhatti regarding your whereabouts

The transformation is fantabulous and I am sure you must be extremely ecstatic.....

Go on and rock the world as never before..... I'd say do it double as much to compensate for the 'hair-less' phase..... :D

Many thanks Johnny for posting your update, looking very different now compared to over a year ago. You mention in your update review that you will be going back to dr bhatti for your crown HT, so does that mean your happy with your frontal/mid scalp density?

Do you know how much grafts you have left in your donor area, do you or will you need BHT?

Congrats johnny, we have been missing you on the forum ;-) And yes, like Sethticles, I have also had this conversation with Dr. Bhatti regarding your whereabouts

The transformation is fantabulous and I am sure you must be extremely ecstatic.....

Go on and rock the world as never before..... I'd say do it double as much to compensate for the 'hair-less' phase..... :D

Haha don't worry Shane i already am! Its good to be back and to hear such positive feedback from my forum friends :)

Many thanks Johnny for posting your update, looking very different now compared to over a year ago. You mention in your update review that you will be going back to dr bhatti for your crown HT, so does that mean your happy with your frontal/mid scalp density?

Do you know how much grafts you have left in your donor area, do you or will you need BHT?

Yes i am happy with the frontal density. The mid scalp will need a little increase in density. The crown area will need the most of the attention. This was the original plan when intially consulting with Dr Bhatti..

Im not sure how many grafts i will need to complete the above. I will need to consult with Dr in person for that. My photos indicate that there are sections of my donor hair that have been untouched. So i'd assume there is still some to work with. I am definitely open to the use of body hair if needed to achieve a better outcome..

hi johnny im thinking about getting dr bhatti to do mines, seeing your results makes me feel alot easier about this choice. I just have a few questions for u if u do t mind answering. After the procedure are u take fin along with rogaine? im leaning toward with just using rogaine kinda iffy about fin.

Hi mate, after the procedure i took finasteride for approximately 3-4 months. The main reasons i stopped taking it was because i put on alot of belly weight on it, it destroyed my libido and my mood changed. Now i stress this is only my experience with the medication. I know many who have had good results without those nasty side effects, so it comes down to the individual..

Regarding rogaine, i continue to use it everyday on the crown area. However, you only need to use it once a day as opposed to twice a day. Once again this is my opinion.

Johnny24, is it okay to ask for the graft price of the transplant? I've been looking at either bhatii or Pradeep sohi, and bhatti's pricing seems to change a lot.

His email said 100INR, but his website says US$1.20 and in another topic I was told that its 70INr a graft.mim kind of confused.

image.jpg.2d621b205db32b3e567efd83a7e91527.jpg

Johnny24, is it okay to ask for the graft price of the transplant? I've been looking at either bhatii or Pradeep sohi, and bhatti's pricing seems to change a lot.

His email said 100INR, but his website says US$1.20 and in another topic I was told that its 70INr a graft.mim kind of confused.

From memory i paid approx $1.20 per graft. That was over a year ago so i wouldnt be surprised if the price has gone up a little. Either way it was worth every penny.

Dr Bhatti quoted me $1.28 USD per graft, but the US dollar goes up and down so the quoted price would fluctuate accordingly...

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi Johnny, after reading your write-up over a year ago, I made my own mind up what to do about my hair loss.

If you see the line from my write-up below,

'However at the same time I came across this site and after reading a few posts, in particular a chap from Australia who had the FUE procedure carried out in India for a fraction of the price I was quoted for FUT in the UK'

It was your write-up over a year ago that convinced me to go for HT, go FUE and go with Dr Bhatti.

Can't thank you enough mate!

I hit 7 months yesterday and will upload some new pics shortly.

My own write-up link is as below,

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/178931-my-fue-dr-tejinder-bhatti-oct-2014-a.html