Hair Transplant with Dr Tejinder Bhatti of Darling Buds, Chandigarh India

johnny24

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Johnny,

Thanks for the photo update. I'm no expert, but have seen many photos and think your growth at 5 months is in line with what is expected as pretty good.

Considering your procedure was FUE and through use of motorized extraction tools (Harris SAFE tool), thats actually a big relief for you i'm sure!

I have ZERO problems travelling to India to get a HT done. I've been there a few times already.

The ONLY concern I have now, and I'm hoping that as a head shaver you might be able to help out is, how do I get this done and keep it low key? I have 3-4 weeks I can take off for work, I cannot wear a hat. I have never shaved my head, but have a NW3 and have successfully covered my receded hairline.

I've been told I need 2500-300 grafts. The question is, if I reveal a shaven head PREOP or go back to work with a shaven head post op only? My thinking is if coworkers see my head shaven pre-op they will see all the roots missing from my hairline. As that is the first time I will have been seen with a shaven head, it will be a focal point (the fact that I had hair on Friday and came back on Monday with a shaved head). Its easy to spot when you have dark hair and fair skin the hairloss areas.

HOWEVER, if everyone sees my head shaven post op, catching that right time when the grafts are still in but redness gone (i'm not very fair, probably like your olive complexion) and THEN come back, it will "appear" that I have a full head of hair just shaved from "my adventurous trip to India" or something. Yes, the grafts will fall out shortly thereafter, but, by then it wouldn't be as much a focal point as the change would not have been as drastic.

Thoughts?

p.s. sorry for hijacking your thread... as you said you did the right thing and stopped HJn'g others threads... I'm not there just yet! :)

Hi Johnny,

Thanks for the photo update. I'm no expert, but have seen many photos and think your growth at 5 months is in line with what is expected as pretty good.

Considering your procedure was FUE and through use of motorized extraction tools (Harris SAFE tool), thats actually a big relief for you i'm sure!

I have ZERO problems travelling to India to get a HT done. I've been there a few times already.

The ONLY concern I have now, and I'm hoping that as a head shaver you might be able to help out is, how do I get this done and keep it low key? I have 3-4 weeks I can take off for work, I cannot wear a hat. I have never shaved my head, but have a NW3 and have successfully covered my receded hairline.

I've been told I need 2500-300 grafts. The question is, if I reveal a shaven head PREOP or go back to work with a shaven head post op only? My thinking is if coworkers see my head shaven pre-op they will see all the roots missing from my hairline. As that is the first time I will have been seen with a shaven head, it will be a focal point (the fact that I had hair on Friday and came back on Monday with a shaved head). Its easy to spot when you have dark hair and fair skin the hairloss areas.

HOWEVER, if everyone sees my head shaven post op, catching that right time when the grafts are still in but redness gone (i'm not very fair, probably like your olive complexion) and THEN come back, it will "appear" that I have a full head of hair just shaved from "my adventurous trip to India" or something. Yes, the grafts will fall out shortly thereafter, but, by then it wouldn't be as much a focal point as the change would not have been as drastic.

Thoughts?

p.s. sorry for hijacking your thread... as you said you did the right thing and stopped HJn'g others threads... I'm not there just yet! :)

I don't understand why youre confused. You just go on holiday with your hair as it is, have it shaved for the procedure and then go back to work with a shaved look.

Just tell them that you got the urge to shave it all off in the heat in India or that you were having a haircut and the hairdresser accidentally took a lump out of your hair so you had to shave it down to even it all out. You could make up anything.

I don't understand why youre confused. You just go on holiday with your hair as it is, have it shaved for the procedure and then go back to work with a shaved look.

Just tell them that you got the urge to shave it all off in the heat in India or that you were having a haircut and the hairdresser accidentally took a lump out of your hair so you had to shave it down to even it all out. You could make up anything.

the only reason i am confused is because almost everyone that has had an FUE HT before recommends to shave pre-op, let coworkers see, and then come back. I never really understood why.

Hi Johnny,

That's exactly my plan..... won't be going to office 10 days after the HT (thanks to the vacation season :)). Hopeully when i come back, it should appear that I just shaved my head with no redness.......

Hi,

3 months back I been to India to get hair transplant done from Australia. Being an Indian nothing was difficult for me in Delhi as well as at Dr. Bhatti Clinic in Chandigarh. But I believe for an overseas citizen it won't be a problem. I got 4000 grafts done and paid approx 5000 AUD.

After 3 days of surgery I flew for Australia and started working in office from next day itself.. Some of them noticed my scalp and thought that I got tattoo done and some has thought I have done something with my scaly. After 2 weeks nobody can detect I have transplant done. Check my 13 days post surgery picture.

Thanks

Hi Johnny,

Thoughts?

MyPix.jpg.351fc2586a69f07e1875df51801059ca.jpg

Hi,

3 months back I been to India to get hair transplant done from Australia. Being an Indian nothing was difficult for me in Delhi as well as at Dr. Bhatti Clinic in Chandigarh. But I believe for an overseas citizen it won't be a problem. I got 4000 grafts done and paid approx 5000 AUD.

After 3 days of surgery I flew for Australia and started working in office from next day itself.. Some of them noticed my scalp and thought that I got tattoo done and some has thought I have done something with my scaly. After 2 weeks nobody can detect I have transplant done. Check my 13 days post surgery picture.

Thanks

Hi Johnny,

Thoughts?

Hi,

Thanks

MyPix.jpg.f4a01937b65f6abb562632528b1e38c4.jpg

Hi johnny24.

Looking good mate. I believe your are from Sydney. I'm from Perth, I'm thinking India too but not sure which dr. I would like to ask you few things.

Could you please send me a private message?

Thanks mate

Wade

Edited by Future_HT_Doc

• 1 month later...

Hi Johnny,

mate, I'm from Brisbane and at 33 only a few years older than you. Love your pictures, thanks for keeping them updated.

How did you go with travelling to India for the procedure? Did you stay a while after it was done or did you come straight back?

I'm in the process of slowly getting everything organised, it's always good to get some info from someone local (to me).

Cheers

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey your pics look great.*

I'm going to have an FUE done by Dr. Bhatti in 2 weeks, probably around 4000 grafts.

I was wondering if you could give me any advice/expectations for the first 2 weeks post-operation. I have to return to work 5 days after the procedure, and am hoping my scalp will appear somewhat normal by then.*

Alright thanks for anything you can tell me. I definitely appreciate it. Take care.

David

Hi David, had a procedure with Dr. Bhatti two months ago. So far I am very satisfied, and I think you have done a great choice with him!

As for your questions: After five days, you eventually will have some swelling still, surely you`ll have on day 3 and 4. I looked like a boxer these days... Also your cabs won`t have fallen off yet, they will do so between days 10 - 20. Then the ugly duckling stage will begin, your scalp will eventually be less or more red and people will run away from you ;-) No, just kidding, but it is not that easy going as you might imagine. It depends on the ability to hide the ugly recipient site how you will come along with the first two to three months in your work. During the first 15 days you shouldn`t hide it with a cap or a hat, either, due to the otherwise potentially occurring lack of oxygen support.

I suggest you to do a little more research on that, just look at the many many patient websites here on the HRN, where people have posted their pics that show their recovery process!

Sorry for my english, all the best!

I appreciate your response. My main concern is keeping my scalp healthy (no infections at least) during the critical recovery phase. It seems like there's a strict routine with shampoo/aloe/etc. I was planning to wear a hat for sun protection...maybe just try to avoid being outside altogether?

Anyways, I'm sure Dr. Bhatti can answer all of my questions. I'll post some photos after the operation. Thanks again.

David, you`re welcome. You`ll get antibiotics injected before the procedure and tablets with you in order to prevent any infections. So don`t worry, everything will be fine ;-) You`ll also get lots and lots of aftercare products, and a detailed post op care plan with you! If you have any further questions, please don`t hesitate to PM me.

Hey your pics look great.*

I'm going to have an FUE done by Dr. Bhatti in 2 weeks, probably around 4000 grafts.

I was wondering if you could give me any advice/expectations for the first 2 weeks post-operation. I have to return to work 5 days after the procedure, and am hoping my scalp will appear somewhat normal by then.*

Alright thanks for anything you can tell me. I definitely appreciate it. Take care.

David

at 5 days ur not gonna look normal. there will be quite a bit of swelling and scabs forming. maybe after a few weeks you may look somewhat normal but there will still be redness.

I plan on banking my vacation time and taking about a month off when I have the procedure. some look essentially normal at 3-4 weeks. others take far longer but ive yet to see a patient that didnt have obvious signs at the 2 week mark.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Johnny24. I just joined this forum today. Read through your threads and found the results very encouraging. Reaching out to Dr. Bhatti's office now to check availability. Would you mind sharing the cost of the actual procedure (for your 4000 grafts) excluding travel, lodging etc.

Thank you so much.

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Any update? It's been 5 months since your last one.....

Hi everyone,

Sorry, not sure how to start a new thread. But I posted photos and some notes on my operation with Dr Bhatti from last week. Check out my blog.

Cheers,

David

Bro, kindly see my thread..... I have been posting my update every month.

The 5th month update is due 23rd of this month for your information..... :cool:

Hope your cough gets better soon ;)

Cheers!