HT with Dr. Madhu 29-Sept-2012

newbee

Had HT with Dr. Madhu , India, Hyderabad on 29-Sep-2012.

Overall a good experience. The doctors clinic had good facilities and a well trained staff.

The session lasted for approx 4 -5 hours. I had 3463 hair transplanted - since most of the hair were Double, multiple grafts in my case the total comes to around 6500.

Would recommend Dr. Madhu for HT in India. Hopefully the results would match the service received during the surgery.

Have attached my pre and post ops pics. All those who have gone through HT - can you give me feedback on how this looks.

Thanks

P1050354.jpg.a7a8b834bc950da043ee28cd63b74e82.jpg

P1050356.jpg.62ecde3efd6cb76d83cbc5553d0cd367.jpg

P1050362.jpg.a3997e8854ee55451bc378b7d10bcec0.jpg

P1050363.jpg.befe6fa364940a246cfea3502b33b6e4.jpg

P1050364.jpg.5d5ce9d0752ca0a6394b5c0e3e15820e.jpg

P1050365.jpg.ca572cdb38f1ce767c1be91e798ca6f7.jpg

P1050425.jpg.16c89a343e53740d18ddcb7d6cb64b2c.jpg

P1050426.jpg.1d457cf9b795a925380240770952c9b2.jpg

P1050427.jpg.dc81e62a3679b4f2b62c7c1b81a192de.jpg

P1050428.jpg.7c60db16a6b6db5253c0accf918d1871.jpg

P1050429.jpg.fd0a81db010920d39fe1a57f241f8eef.jpg

Hi Dave,

This looks very impressive. I am sure it'll come up really nice.

can you also share a pic of your donor scar?

Cheers!

Hey - will upload Pic of the donor scar soon.

Was curious - generally how long does it take for the pre-op native hair to start growin.

I know there would be some shock loss but would I be able to see growth of native hair in the next month or so.

Just wanted to see by when I can get a buzz cut with some hair in my head

Hey dave56F806,

Need some information. Recently i have seen lots of post which says that these days dr madhu is not performing the surgery and he leaves it to the assitant surgeons. Can you please throw some light on these.

Thanks,

Santhosh

Hi Santosh,

During my HT Dr Madhu was involved in the following:

1. Defining the new hair line

2. Removal of the strip (grafts)

3. Closure of the scar (stitches etc.)

Post the above step, there were at any time 2-3 surgeons working simultaneous for implanting the grafts removed on the recipient area - Dr. Madhu was directly not involved in this step.

However he continuously monitored the progress of the surgeons and guided them in case some area's needed improvement.

From my experience - implanting 3500 grafts took around 4-5 hours with minimum 2-3 surgeon working in tandem. So i am not sure that even if the doctor does it himself there would not be any other surgeon / surgeons working with him simultaneous to complete the implants - otherwise to get these many implants with only one person working would be a mega session

Though this is my view and is open to discussion with others who have undergone HT.

Thanks for the reply .. I was just curious because iam planning for the surgery in nov first week.

How are those surgeons ? .. Iam slightly scared after someone saying on this forum that Dr .madhu is not preforming the procedure by him self and they have face some problems ..

From the feedback i have got till now on the transplants it looks like they have done very clean and refined work.

Though my results will only be visible after many months, basis what i have seen on this forum, In India , i would recommend Dr. Madhu as his results have consistently looked good. And i believe the modus operandi he follows during the surgery has remained the same.

• 1 month later...

RK,

Welcome to our discussion forum and social community. Hair transplant surgery costs depend on a number of factors including the number of grafts you require to meet to meet your hair restoraiton goals, the number of procedures necessary to obtain the number of grafts you will need, the type of procedure (FUT by strip harvesting or FUE), and what the clinic ultimately charges which varies from clinic to clinic. Thus, the amount of money Dave paid on his procedure may be entirely different than what you'd need to meet your goals.

I can't recall Dr. Madhu's costs at the moment, but most hair restoration physicians charge between $3 and $5 (American dollars) per graft for FUT via strip harvesting and $6 to $10 per graft for FUE.

I suggest starting a new topic to share your hair loss story, your goals and perhaps some photos. That way, members can provide you with some advice and suggestions on treating your hair loss, costs, etc.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dave, how long did it take for your pre-op native hair to start growing? I had my hair TP on Dec 17th 2012 and am going through the ugly duckling phase, anxiously waiting for at least my pre-op native hair to grow back.

Hi Moosehead - i was also worried about my pre-native hair growing back quickly. It would take you around a couple of months to see your hair grow back though even at 3 months i do not have full recovery.

The first month would be ok if you don't mind going in for a crew cut , it's the second to third month that is a problem as you start loosing your transplanted hair and the hair on the sides start growing. My suggesting would be to cut your hair short on the sides and just wait for the second month to be over..it would start getting back to normal post that and you would also get used to it...