3950 FUT from the amazing Dr. Konior

SamSpade

That looks Fabulous bro!

Looks like we've had the procedure around the same time - it is a wonderful thing that these transplants are turning out so well. Gotta love technology & the 2010's!

Paulygon is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2710 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2012

Rogaine foam 2x daily, since 2012 (stopped ~10/2015)

Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012 (stopped ~12/2015)

HT #2 3238 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in Jun. 2016

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, thanks so much. Really, this community is the reason that I was able to bring myself to and through this journey. It's a brethren really and we all suffer from the same frustrating problem.

HDude - Yes, I dug up some old photos of how I used to wear my hair. I started needing to comb it forward around 2004 I think since my hairline was quickly vanishing and the front thinned quickly. These are some samples of that which I found. I would never wear my hair combed back because even with Toppik there just wasn't enough hair there. You can tell that it was combed to cover the baldness, and these shots probably had toppik concealer as well.

os95nm4.jpg

Hair combed forward with toppik

front.jpg

Hair combed back, no toppik. My hair color is a medium brown, even though photos and lighting make the color shift.

During Post-op i had it shaved so Konior could maximize his results but he performs many surgeries without shaving since men have to get back to work. With the level of his work it's totally possible to go back to work after 2 weeks as long as you cut your hair correctly. The grafts grow in and your hair around the scar cover it up. I'm glad you followed my progress, that makes me happy it's helped people. Let me know if you have any other questions.

hsrp10 - Yes, I have remained on finasteride and romaine foam twice a day regularly. I have a thinning crown so I'm trying to keep that at bay.

Sam Spade

View my HT photo album

Very satisfied customer of Dr. Konior, Chicago

FUT, 3950 grafts, June 2012

Message me if you have any questions regarding my experience or Dr. K.

Straight up balls of steel for that hair cut being so close. I could probably pull off something near that tight but I always just ask for a scissor cut because I am a sissy. Your hair looks fantastic.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I dug up some old photos of how I used to wear my hair. I started needing to comb it forward around 2004 I think since my hairline was quickly vanishing and the front thinned quickly. These are some samples of that which I found. I would never wear my hair combed back because even with Toppik there just wasn't enough hair there. You can tell that it was combed to cover the baldness, and these shots probably had toppik concealer as well.

os95nm4.jpg

Hair combed forward with toppik

front.jpg

Hair combed back, no toppik. My hair color is a medium brown, even though photos and lighting make the color shift.

That middle pic (with the blue background) is so similar to my forward-combing days (specifically, that nearly bald patch right above the hanging, wavy locks on your forehead)!

When I was at that point, I didn't know whether to comb forward or to comb backward.. it was a NO-WIN situation then. I'd just pile on the Toppik and try to fool myself into believing that it ain't that bad.

But now, comb forward, comb backward, no hair day is a bad hair day! :P I checked out your photos-- you have a nice pic where it's even combed to the side!

Its like when people say "any day above ground is a good day" -- that's how I feel now that I got my hair back.. and I'm sure you feel that way too brother!

I'm glad you like the community.. I hope you continue to post and support others who have yet to see the light.

Paulygon is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2710 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2012

Rogaine foam 2x daily, since 2012 (stopped ~10/2015)

Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012 (stopped ~12/2015)

HT #2 3238 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in Jun. 2016

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.

With the level of his work it's totally possible to go back to work after 2 weeks as long as you cut your hair correctly. The grafts grow in and your hair around the scar cover it up.

There is no way I could have gone to work without a hat two weeks post-op. It would have been too obvious that I had work done. My recipient area was still very pink (I had it shaved per Dr. K's recommendation) and I would have had to shave down the rest of my native hair to match it, which would have exposed the scar. I think Matt's approach of taking 5 weeks off is more realistic in terms of healing sufficiently. But even then, my skin characteristics would have still made it obvious I had work done. It took a couple of months for the redness to fade and there's still some patchy spots from where I had acne.

That said, your case and several others on here are what inspired me to consult with Dr. K. And I had the opportunity to meet with one of his patients 2 weeks after he had his procedure. That was the final push I needed to book a date. 4 months post-op and I am cautiously optimistic.

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

There is no way I could have gone to work without a hat two weeks post-op. It would have been too obvious that I had work done. My recipient area was still very pink (I had it shaved per Dr. K's recommendation) and I would have had to shave down the rest of my native hair to match it, which would have exposed the scar. I think Matt's approach of taking 5 weeks off is more realistic in terms of healing sufficiently. But even then, my skin characteristics would have still made it obvious I had work done. It took a couple of months for the redness to fade and there's still some patchy spots from where I had acne.

That said, your case and several others on here are what inspired me to consult with Dr. K. And I had the opportunity to meet with one of his patients 2 weeks after he had his procedure. That was the final push I needed to book a date. 4 months post-op and I am cautiously optimistic.

true, it definitely is safer to take longer if you have your hair shaved. Taking all of that vacation or even time without pay still is worth it when you're doing something like this with the right doctor.

Sam Spade

View my HT photo album

Very satisfied customer of Dr. Konior, Chicago

FUT, 3950 grafts, June 2012

Message me if you have any questions regarding my experience or Dr. K.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Hey there iv looked at your pics amazing but only if there REAL. I to am battling hair loss since I was 26 my hair loss is like yours anyway im considering DR Raymond konior in Chicago il how is he from what iv checked n looked at on u tube an the net has led me to him would u do it again if U could and is he worth waiting for i called hes booked a year in advance I think id be happy if he did my transplant also I heard he actually dose the work on your head is this true? please get back if U got time I just want the very best results possible.